Status: Hiatus.

Teenage Pregnancy

Chapter Nine

I picked at my nails as I waited for the sound of his car pulling in the driveway. It was and hour -- no, an hour and a half since he was supposed to be here. Maybe something came up....

Then there it was. The crunch of gravel as rubber tires supporting my boyfriend and his mother's car rolled up the driveway. I couldn't contain my excitement as I jumped up from the couch and unlocked the door, nearly knocking Jack over as I tackled him with a hug.

"Whoa, easy girl!" he laughed, swinging me around and gently letting me down. "Be careful."

"Jack, I'm not that fragile. Hell, I'm not fragile at all."

"Watch you're language; my grandchild's in there." Jack's mom appeared in the doorway. I froze; feeling uncomfortable and also guilty. I had betrayed her and her husband's trust by getting knocked up. I felt like scum. No-- like the scum on the fish tank that's on the scum.

"Miss Julie, I'm so sorry--" I started, tears welling up in my eyes.

"No, Lauren, no. It's my fault. I should have kept a closer look on you and Jack. I take full responsibility for this."

"You shouldn't." I said simply. She smiled warmly at me, and I led her and Jack to see my mom in the living room, my hand resting warmly in Jack's. I introduced the two adults, then Jack and I went to watch a movie.

"I can't believe you, Lauren," he laughed.

"It's not funny! She's dieing!" I made no attempt to hide the tears streaking down my face. Jack rolled his eyes.

"You can be so dramatic. It's just a movie! That person isn't even real!"

"She is so. Nicole Kidman is real."

"But Satine isn't." He started playing with a piece of my hair. "You care too much about everybody," he said softly. "That's why I love you." I smiled, but stopped as I realized something.

"You love me?"

"Of course I do. I wouldn't be here if I didn't." He kissed me softly. I smiled into the kiss, being careful not to deepen it too much. Too soon we heard his mom calling.

"I'll see you later. I'm gonna go take a shower now." He raised his eyebrows and I just had to slap his arm. "You perv!" I giggled. "Good night." He kissed me softly, then he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a filler, and I'm sorry for that. But there is some foreshadowing.
I guess it really isn't just a filler. ^_^
Oh, the last chapter had foreshadowing, too.