Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Un

I looked at myself in the mirror for about a minute since I‘ve taken the medicine. My jittery fingers tapping away at the porcelain sink in the bathroom. I ran a brush through my hair. I’ve gotten used to wearing it straight down; no ponytails, buns, teased parts or anything. Maybe, If I felt like it, I would place a headband in to keep my bangs separate from the rest of it.

I clicked off the light switch and walked back into hall. The painting that hung on the wall right before you reached the stairs was perfectly aligned. Just as everything in this house had always been. I’ve decided that I now live in a dollhouse…A life size doll house.

I wondered down the stairs and into the living room where Steve was sitting on the couch watching the big football game. I liked football, so I joined him on the couch. “Where’s mom?” I asked, not taking my eyes of the old t.v. set. Steve adjusted himself on the couch, and cheered when the Giants scored a touchdown. I was always more of a Jets fan.

“She in the kitchen.” He finally answered my question. I looked at him. “Doing what?” Pointless unless I had muscles the size of the football I was throwing. I walked in the kitchen. “Its a good thing Steve disabled those smoke alarms.” Joanne was saying to herself. To me. To anyone who just happened to walk in when she was saying it.

“Lunch?” I asked, swirling some kind of soup in a bowl. It looked like clam chowder. I like clam chowder as long as Joanne wasn’t the one cooking it. Joanne nodded smiling and priding herself on the meal she thought Steve and I would eat. I grabbed a bag of fritos of the shelf and joined Steve in the living room again.

“Food’s done.” I told him, crunching on a chip. Good timing to cause It had switched to a commercial advertising men’s deodorant. “What’d she make?” I shrugged as I watched the man on the t.v. suddenly become surrounded by girls taking off their shirts. Nice. I grabbed the remote and pressed the t.v. guide channel.

“Hey hey hey, what do you think you’re doing!?” Steve said, coming in with a big ham sandwich with the usual on it. A glop of ketchup, a squirt of mustard and just a swipe of mayonnaise on each piece of bread. “Steve let her watch what she want’s to watch. You’ve been watching that stupid game all morning.” Before I stood up to leave back to my room, I heard Steve complain about how he just had to see this next part. “The Giants are going over into overtime though!”

I passed what would soon be Andy’s room. He didn’t live here yet, cause Joanne and Steve were still in the process of filling out the foster care papers. I knew that when they finally went to get him, I would no doubly go with, so Ms. Beckett could check up on me like she’s done so every couple months.

My room was too dark. Even though I had bright colored wallpaper, and the single window in my room curtains were drawn, it was still dark. I pulled c.d. out of the rack and looked at the design. It was Bon Jovi’s BOUNCE album. I took the c.d. out and looked at the back which was all scratched up from continues use. My favorite song was Misunderstood. I liked how he sang.

I didn’t notice the fact I sat on the remote to my t.v. The one on which I almost never watched sports on that was in my room. It was shut off last night on some local channel. My band, yeah, me, miss doesn’t talk a lot in a band was being interviewed. One of the few interviews I agreed to take part in.

Adrian laughed his innocent laugh when Imogene had stepped on my foot. “Proof! We get hurt a lot on stage. Like this one time, I like slammed my head into the mic stand. Yeah that hurt.” Thomas joined in the laughing. “Yeah my band likes to laugh at me. Imogene and I tend to be the ones the jokes get played on.”

“What do you mean?” The interview asked. “Oh, when we did out first couple shows, Monet would always chew gum to absorb some of the saliva, cause you used to salivate like crazy, and Adrian gets the genius idea to give her that Big Red gum, ya know the spicy cinnamon kind, and it was so funny, while she was singing she kept fanning her mouth and then I believe she actually took someone in the crowd’s water bottle and like downed it.” I was nodding on t.v. “That was the worst. After that show, man I shot him the most evil Charles Manson glare I could manage.”

I turned off the t.v. as I heard Steve calling my name downstairs. I went down there to see what he wanted. He wanted to go out and grab like a donut while Joanne cleaned up in the kitchen. I shrugged as he practically threw my jacket at me. I walked out with him behind me and to the van. I really like the powdered ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda boring, kinda not. I don't know, but this is the re-write of the original so comment, tell me what you think good or bad I love to hear what people have to say.

Also, don't feel all weird and stuff if you haven't read the original cause it wasn't all that good hence the reason why I decided to Re-write it.