Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Dix-Sept

I watched the bus driver open and closed the door after the boy before my drop off was dropped off. I watched him walk into the yard where his mom confronted him with her hands on her hips. I thought he was sorta cute. The bus pulled up to my curb and asked if something was going on. I looked out from picking the dried glue off my fingertips. Joanne was outside gathered around were her friends that I would eventually meet. Today. The start of April Vacation. Friday.

I stepped out and onto the yard. Joanne smiled and motioned for me to come over. “Everyone, this is Monet.” No one asked questioned. Why would they. To them, I was her daughter.They believed us and what we had told them. That yes, I was Joanne and Steve’s daughter. Monet Stevens. That up until recently, I had been staying with an aunt in Mount Olive in Louisiana.

Robin, brown haired and tinted skin. She gave me a weird look but made sure Joanne didn’t catch her. She didn’t like my hair, my makeup or the strange writings on my arms. Friends and Free time. Gotta love it, right?
“Monet...such a darling name.” How’d you come to it?” A woman, Blair asked. I had to hear this. Joanne just smiled. “First time I saw her, she just looked like a ‘Monet.’” I’d been a ‘Monet’ fourteen and a half years before she first saw me. Something to ask mother next time I see her: What were you thinking?

“What are you into right now?” Blair asked. “Not french art.” They chuckled. I didn’t get it.

“I’m in a band though.”

“Really?

“Two Times Charged...For Murder.”

“Why my girl listens to you. You’re the singer, that’s right. I’m not one for metal, but I just love that one song. Cold Even Blues? Yes, Cold Even Blues!”

“I like that one to.”

I excused myself and walked over to Steve at the grill. He handed me a hot dog and I drowned it in mustard and relish. Bits of onion and sour-stuff. I walked in the house and grabbed a bag of fritos. From there I went into the hall and sat down on the chair next to the phone stand. I figure if anyone calls, I can just answer it. Or not. No one called while I was eating so I threw my paper plate away and got a glass of tea. I really like Steve’s Iced tea. Joanne doesn’t put sugar in hers, and Steve does. Steve’s is better. I don’t like that fake sugar stuff. I think it’s called Splenda? Something like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short

I've been working on a report for school all day and I really just wanted to give you a quick update.
I have to go put my brain back to work now. Bye bye! ^_^