Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Vingt En Un

Monet's POV

I slipped on the gloves I’d chosen while standing in between the two men. My pinkie was just barely poking through the fabric. I have small hands I guess. “So how’s your friend?” The shorter one asked. His name stuck somewhere in the back of my head. “What?” He cleared his throat while shutting the trunk. “Blondie. The one who hurt her head.” She nodded. “Imogene’s fine. No new brain damage.”

I pulled off the gloves because my hands were getting warm and sweaty when Steve came over. “New friends of yours?” He joked. “Uh, this is my dad.” I said simply. He greeted the men with a handshake. “As I’m sure Joanne’s already told you, it’s Monet’s birthday. Would you like to stay for dinner?” He offered. How nice. Dinner with MCR.

The same one grinned at Gerard. “Why not.” He spoke. I smiled. I watched him open the backseat doors and say something to the people inside. Bob stepped out the front and Mikey and Ray out of the back. They each flashed me a quick smile and a hello. Mikey joined the shortest one. Frankie! That’s his name.

...

I was eating the same thing Frankie was eating. Veggie burger even though I wasn’t a vegetarian. Joanne asked what it was like being able to go to all these different cities and countries. I wanted to know what it was like too, but I didn’t say anything. I kept quiet. Like usual. It was cool though.

“You know Monet is in a band.” Joanne started. Gerard widened his eyes. “Really? What’s it called?” He asked me. I shrugged. “Two Times Charged For Murder.” Joanne answered willingly for me. I nodded. “Do you sing?” He asked almost grinning. I nodded again. “She doesn’t talk much, but...” They could finish the rest.

“I”m not in the band, but I almost always try and go to the shows.” I almost forgot August was here. She munched on a piece of steak. Mikey cleared his throat. “Where do you play?” I licked the escaping mayo of my chapped lips. “Mostly Club Neon, but sometimes other places. We’re not very good.” Mikey smiled. “Ever Maxwell’s in Hoboken?” I shook my head. “I have a list in my room. You wanna see?” He nodded.

We went through the hall where I usually look at the land line and where he gazed strangely at the odd light fixtures and walked up the stairs. “Um, it’s here somewhere. Maybe in here. Ok found it.” I was finally able to say. He took the paper from me with the different clubs and I imagine scanned them for places he might have been to. “I’ve been to a few of these.” He said to my delight. I smiled thinly but Gerard’s voice called from down the hall, and then walked in on mine and Mikey’s time.

I hadn’t realized hot tall Mikey’s brother really was. His frame, broad shoulders, strong back and arms filled most of the doorway allowing maybe a person on Imogene’s size to pass through. Imogene’s pretty skinny to. Tall but skinny.


“We need to get ready and go, Mikey.” He explained slowly. Mikey handed the list back to me and started to follow his brother out. I followed them quietly and shut my door. When I turned around to face the stairs, I caught Gerard staring. “What?” I asked suddenly feeling self-aware. He shook his head slowly and smiled thinly. “Nothing.” He whispered. He followed his younger brother down the stairs.

I held my breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bunch of chapters already planned
so hopefully they'll be up soon.
:]