Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Vingt Six

Monet's POV

The brook that ran behind our house that, if followed long enough, eventually dumped into the Allendale Public Reservoir. People went swimming in that reservoir during the summer. I never did. I haven't been here long enough.

On an afternoon like this, I loved just sitting on the bank with my bare feet dangling in. It was one of those days it wasn't so hot that you'd complain about every minute, but not to cool to where you couldn't go out in just a tank and shorts.

I laid down on the moss that covered the bank. My feet still in the water, and my back cushioned. My tank had rolled up so that my belly-button was showing but I didn't mind. I was away from the house, somewhere near the end of our road.

Some time passed. Maybe only 5 minutes when Derrick walked by. He looked at me strangely. "What?" I asked. "Isn't it a little early in the season to be sunbathing?" I sat up and raised my feet out of the water. "Not when you're as white as me." He chuckled and sat down beside me.

"So I heard your birthday was interesting." I looked at him. "How did you know when my birthday was?" He fingered a tiny rock. "Uncle Teddy told me." I put my feet back in the water. They were getting cold from the air. He shrugged his shoulders. "I heard you had visitors. Rather famous visitors. "Your point?" I asked. "My point is, MCR just doesn't up and visit random fans." I chewed my lip. "You don't know what they do or do not do. And besides they weren't even visiting me. They wanted to see my mom."

I think Derrick was surprised when I called Joanne mom. "Your mom. Right, Mrs. Stevens." I rolled my eyes and kicked my feet at a fish. "It's funny, I've know the Stevens for years and they've never mentioned a daughter, especially one like you." He said casually. I watched the fish swim in circles. "We don't get along very well." He raised his brows. "Really. That sucks." He stood up wanting to leave both me and that statement.

"Anyways, why do you care where they went?" I asked, trying to get back on the subject. He turned around cause he had already started leaving. "I don't." He claimed. "They why probe?" He shrugged again. Man I hate it when he does that. "Your friend Imogene has a big mouth. She told Ethan, Ethan told me, and I wanted to see if it was true.

He left. Finally. So Imogene told someone MCR visited me...er..my mom. I would've if I wanted to, but I didn't feel like it. Nobody listens to me anyways. They listen to Imogene and Imogene knows when to keep her mouth shut. Hopefully. All I'd have to do is ask her and she wouldn't say a word. Like me. Quiet. Kind of.

I imagine Imogene would find it hard not to talk for a day, or a week. It's not so much trouble for me, but Imogene, she's naturally perky and talkative. She'd have a hard time staying quiet.