Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Trois

I’m starting to get tired of this vacation. I never get to see my friends since I’ve been grounded for 2 weeks. Not that I saw them much before but still. You know get the point. Imogene said she would find away over, but we all know Imogene and that she wasn’t exactly the brains in the group. Now that I think about it, non of us are really smart. Maybe Thomas, but not likely. He was more of the, if-it-works-it-work kinda guy. I dunno. Ya know, nah, I dunno.

I looked around on my bed for something to do or look at. There was a marker that I really should put the cap back on, an empty gum pack and a Walmart bag that had a couple rolls of tape in it.

I went over to my window and sat on the floor to look out it. It was snowing. I hate snow. Mostly cause I was the one who had to shovel it, also cause it was cold, and wet and makes your nose get all red and then people start calling you Rudolph and then they sing that stupid Christmas song that I don’t think anyone whose over 7 years old even likes anymore. But maybe that’s just me.

I barely noticed Imogene walking up the driveway. You’d think she’d dye her hair a different color. Maybe that’s her plan. To somehow be all white and undetectable in weather like this. She’d look weird with black hair. She rang the doorbell and waited patiently there until Joanne answered the knock.

“Sorry Imogene, but Monet’s been grounded.” I don’t really like how she says my name. Like she’s trying to put a slight French accent behind it. Anyways, Imogene nodded to the statement. She must of said something that had Joanne rethink her words. Imogene was always good for making people questions themselves. It was the way she’d jumble her words and somehow make you jumble yours too.

Imogene was able to come in, and soon enough, I heard her feet running up the stairs and a knock on my door. “It’s open.” I said, pushing myself off the floor. She came in a chucked the tote bag she carried here at me. “Hello to you to.” I said, throwing it on the bed. “I brought stuff for you to do.” She said. I sat down and started pawing through the bag.

“Oh, sweet.” I said pulling out a handful of magazines. “I had to wrestle those away from Lizzie just to bring them over. Like she’s 8, she shouldn’t even be into bands yet.” I shrugged, putting those to the side and looking. “What are these?” I asked pulling out 3 or so little deranged action figures.

“There mcr action figures. There sweet right?” She sighed, taking one from me and started playing with its arms. “They come with little guns to.” I tweaked my mouth. “Are you serious? Where!” I searched through the plastic and pulled out some. “Dude, this is like shit! Look I’ll kill you.” I said putting a gun in the one with glasses’ hands. “Hey, that’s Mikey. He wouldn’t say that!” I shrugged. “Here you want the Frankie one, no, the Gerard one.”

She handed me the Gerard one. “I don’t know about you, but this guy looks a little shaky if you ask me.” I said, holding him to my face for Imogene to compare. “He matches the person holding him.”

“No I’m serious. Does he even look like this?” I played with his arms. “He used to, but he’s a little thinner now, and he has short hair now. Take a look at this guy.” She handed me one. “Now this guy could be my friend…whose this?” I asked. “Frankie.” I’ll call him the Frankster. I grabbed Gerard and the one with brown poofy hair and had them sit. I grabbed the box for my tape and made Frankie sit on that. “What are you doing?” Imogene asked. I grabbed the blonde of the group and had him stand beside Frankie.

“You come to me in your hour of need, and beg for my services, yet you still neglect to have me over for dinner. To meet you wife and kids and to pet you’re small dog and to have a nice cup of coffee.” Frankie said. Gerard put his hands out in front of him. “Please, please, Frankie, I’m in some serious trouble. I admit I never should have asked those sharks for the money. But if you don’t help me, they’ll start removing popular parts of my anatomy and then I won’t be able to support for my family.” The man next to him nodded.

“And you, Ray, I’ve told you to straighten that hair of yours. So why haven’t you?” Ray extended his arms and pleaded. “I’ve tried, Frankie, really! But the poofieness just won’t go away!” Frankie shook his head. “This is unacceptable. I’m sorry but because you have failed to do what I have asked, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to get rid of you.” Frankie pulled out a gun from behind his back and shot Gerard in the head. He fell down dead. Ray shook his head repeatedly. “NO! Frankie please don’t!” BANG. Ray fell down dead. “Bobert, would you be kind and remove the bodies and fabreeze the place; the dead body smell would distract the customers.” Bob got right to work, dragging each my one leg. “And Mikey,” Mikey who was standing in the area to the side. “please tell your brothers wife I said hi.”

Imogene laughed at the end of my little show. “All you need is like a little cat and then it would be the perfect Godfather set up.” She said. I smiled, thinking if the real guys had seen that, that they probably wouldn’t like it as much as me, seeing as how I was practically making fun of them.

“Man, if they saw that, they’d laugh historically.” Or I could be wrong. Steve knocked on the door before coming in. “Imogene, your mother called. She want’s you home for dinner.” She nodded and packed her magazines. “I’ll leave the action figures here for now and pick them up later.” I nodded. She grabbed her tote and left. Steve watched me straighten out the toys. “Don’t you think you’re a little old to be playing with dolls?” I lowered my eyes and put them down. “Well anyways, dinners ready if you’d like to come and eat.” I shook my head. I’m not really hungry now but thanks.