Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Trente Trois

Lynnea POV

"You know what? I forgot to water the plants." Mame exclaimed. I looked at her I can't believe I let her talk me into this. "I do hope they don't wither while we're away." The Eiffel tower flew by my window. Usually a sight that excited me, only this time made my stomach flip.

Mame nudged my shoulders. The flight attendant wanted to know If I'd like a drink. "We have some fine wine aboard." She said. I placed a hand on my stomach. "Um, no thank you. I'm fine." I answered. She smiled and tended to another passenger. A little boy kicked the back of my seat. Only 3 hours to go.

...

Mame, wake up Mame." I gently shook her shoulders. Her old eyelids fluttered up like she was just in the process of a suspended blink. "We are there already? Wow!" I smiled as I glided past her into the aisle. I do hope they didn't lose our luggage." She whispered. "Trust me, they didn't lose anything. All your jewelry is safe." She shook her head. "Its not my jewelry I'm worried about. It's my pictures."

,,,

"All your things have been pre-shipped to your hotel rooms. You'll find everything there, Mrs. Deneuve." The attendant at the desk assured Mame. "Good. And the taxi is outside you said?" He nodded. "Would you like me to show you?" He asked. She smiled. We exited the airport when it hit me. The smell, the filth, Its so...New York.

The attendant showed Mame the taxi. "Wow! Lynnea, look how big these ones are. Paris ones barely hold 2 people. She said, sliding in first and rolling down her window. "Thank you for assuring her. She 's quite the hand full." He smiled. "No problem, Ms. Du Pont. You'll let me know if anything is wrong with your luggage."

I slid in the taxi, and closed the door as it slowly started pulling away from the curb, heading towards the Plaza Hotel; where I had a phone call to make and luggage to unpack.
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, this is what Lynnea looks like:

Lynnea Du Pont