Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Trente Cinq

Gerard's POV

I was gonna talk to her. I was gonna talk to her and she would believe me. Hopefully. I would have to wait though. Not for long.

She was on stage, walking around another singer, twirling the mic in her hand. The stage lights blackening her hair. The other singer, a boy much older was singing, "So open up, take off the mask. Face to face is all we ask." Monet's turn, and she sung, in a slight screamo-ish style, "You cannot see how fake you are, with glitter lips and caviar." That was the ending verse. Not to shabby.

"She looks like you when she sings." I hadn't noticed Frankie come in, which was weird cause I was practically standing in the front entrance. I watched him return is I.D back to his wallet. "Does she? I always though she looked more like her mom."

"I've been meaning to ask about that."

"We told her, she doesn't believe us."

"I don't wanna say I told you so."

"Hey look, it's ending. Lets head backstage. I said. We headed backstage.

Monet and the other singer, his name was Derrick, were already backstage with their respected bands. Imogene and Monet checking out their faces in a mirror. "Holy fuck! Look at this bruise!" Monet exclaimed, lightly touching her bruised cheek. I wondered what happened. "That's the last time I walk anywhere without paying attention." She said. Her friend looked at her cheek closely. "Does it hurt?" She asked, pressing down on Monet's cheek. "Ow! Yes it hurts!" She yelled and slapped her friends hand away. Imogene laughed. "Hmm."

Frankie tapped hi knuckles against the wal, letting them know we were here. Imogene and Monet being the only one to register." "What are you following me now?" Monet sent, walking towards a couch and sitting down beside another woman. "No. Not following." I said. The other band had left already. "Monet, I gotta go. I got a test tomorrow and I'm gonna flunk if I don't pass." She nodded. "Alright. Night Adrian." Adrian and another boy left.

"Where the hell is Thomas going?" Monet asked. Imogene shrugged. "Probably with him to get a ride home." Monet crossed her arms and leaned back. "What his dad didn't come?"

"Your didn't either."

She switched her glance to me. "Whatever."

Imogene looked at me then her friend. "Did I miss something here?" I think I did, so spill." Monet licked her licked her lips. She was petting the cat Imogene's mother had on her lap. Now her mother was out of the room and the cat on the cushion. "So apparently he's my dad. Like biological." Imogene looked at me. "Are you cereal?" She asked. Monet nodded. "Holy crap! That's seriously the coolest thing ever!" Imogene exclaimed.

"So is her mom that french chick Lynnea Du Pont?" She asked. Frankie and I nodded. I didn't think Frankie could be so quiet except for when he was asleep. "Dude! You know what this means?!" Monet shook her head. "Like Mikey's your uncle. Freaking lucky. I hate you."

Imogene's mother came back and announced that the owner of the club was closing up. Imogene packed up all her things and picked her cat up. "Say goodnight Tigger." She made the cat wave and left after saying goodnight herself.

I looked at Monet as she watched her friend leave. "You need a ride home?" She looked at me and with a closed mouth, stood up and starting heading towards the backdoor. I guess that was a yes. We followed her out. "Come on. I promise I won't talk to you." I tried. She bit her lip and stood by the car, waiting for me to unlock it.

...

Chicken Farm Hill Drive has been Frankie's current name obsession. When he saw the street sign, he shouted out in admiration. Just like Frankie. I pulled into her driveway and she got out and had started up the front porch steps when I got out of the car and went up to her. "What?" She asked, her back towards the screen door, but her hand ready on the handle.

"I know you don't believe me," I whispered in her ear so Frankie couldn't hear. You'd be surprised at how much that boy hears. "and I don't know if you ever will, but I was glad I was able to tell you." She nodded. "I'm tired." She whispered back. I nodded. "Alright." And without thinking, I blame the fatherly instincts, I kissed her bruised cheek. "I love you." She pulled away and opened the screen door. When she closed it, Frankie had yelled "Goodnight, Monet." but I don't think she heard. She offered a small smile, and closed the second door.