Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quatre

At the half time there was sweet perfume while the sergeants played a marching tune. I thought these were vary strange lyrics. I wonder what the guy was thinking of while he was writing this? Whatever it was, it was obviously a winning thought. Seeing as how this song sold millions alone. Or at least that’s what I figured.

I also wondered what Steve and Joanne were eating for super right now. Whatever it was, Joanne had probably cooked it. That or she ordered takeout. I preferred her cooking cause every time she orders takeout, she almost always gets some kind of funky tasting pizza or Chinese food that I don’t like. Like that Pork-fried rice stuff. Can anyone say gross? I don’t see how Chinese people eat the stuff. Maybe the choke it down and just don’t tell anyone. Wither way, I don’t see many visit’s to China in my future.

I just at the last chip in the fritos bag and thought I heard my name being called. I left my room and wandered down to the dining room or whichever room they had decided to eat in. I stood there waiting to be noticed. When Joanne finally looked up from the meal on her plate. “Do you want something?” Didn’t you just call me down? “Didn’t you just call my down?” There was no getting around it. “No. Nobody called you.” I was officially hearing things.

I started heading back to my room when I realized I had nothing to eat while up there. I went to the kitchen, grabbed another bag of chips and headed to my room. I could really live on these things. “Wait, don’t you want anything to eat?” Joanne called after. I showed her the bag of chips and disappeared from the stairs.

I sat in front of the computer on my bed and thought I’d take Tutu out of his bowl. He flailed a little as he hovered over to the bed then started wobbling everywhere once he hit the blanket. Like me, Tutu was a fan of fritos and it didn’t take him long to find the open bag. “Maybe all the salt reminded him of the ocean. Trust me Tutu, the ocean is cold. You wouldn’t like it.

I was missing band practice right now. Right now while I was here searching Youtube for my favorite music videos, they were all the way across town, trying to figure out why I was a no show. Hopefully I’d see them when school starts up in a couple days the would understand. After all, this practice was gonna be the last one before our show at Club Neon. After we have this show, school would start and then we’d be back doing shows on the weekends.

Joanne called me down for sure this time. “You’ve got a call.” She had said. I threw the pillow off my lap and ran down to retrieve the thing before whoever had called and wished to speak to me, hung up. I rounded the corner of the stair case and into the hall. I reached for the phone all out of breath and answered with my name. “”Hey kiddo, how are you doing?” I smile spread across my lips. “Jennifer! Oh my god, I’m good, you?” She was good and I was happy she called.

I perched myself on the chair next to the small table which held the phone’s base and constantly spoke into the phone. “Okay, Okay, calm down. I can’t understand you.” I apologized for getting hyper all of a sudden. “Now what did you say? Something about a band.” She asked. “Yeah, I’m in one!” I exasperated. “Really, what’s the name.” It’s a creepy name that doesn’t really make much sense. “It Two Times Charged For Murder.” She asked where we got the name. “We got it from a headline that said, Man tried for second murder. And like the first line said, such and such is a two times charged man. His crime: Murder. Thomas, he’s the lead guitarist was like, f yeah, this should be our band name. Then we rearranged the words and got Two Times Charged For Murder. I sing by the way.” She was smiling even though I couldn’t see it, I just knew it. I always got a certain feeling when I knew Jennifer was happy.

“Who are the other members again?”

“Imogene on bass, Adrian drums, I sing and then Thomas who, um, plays lead guitar.” I answered after thinking for a second. “But don’t you know how to play the guitar?” Last she knew I did. “Yeah, but we don’t really need another guitarist.” There was some background noise that made it hard to hear what she said. I think she asked how Tutu was. She said she had to let me go cause her boyfriend had come home drunk again and was complaining how she locked him out of the house and that he had to pick the lock.

I placed the phone back on the base and walked back up to my room. Tutu better not have eaten all my fritos. He would too, just so I couldn’t have anymore. He’s addicted to them I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really liking this a lot more.

How about you? What do you think?