Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Et Un

Monet's POV

I watched silently from the bed, out the big window, at the doctor handing over a clipboard with forms to Joanne and Steve. First Joanne signed it, then Steve, then the doctor took it back and handed it to the nurse who had brought in the gown. I didn't like wearing it, although it sorta matched my hair.

My room had two doors, but actually it was pretty small. One for the visitors to go through, and then one for the doctors and nurses. I kept eying the tray of tools. They were gonna use these to cut me open and then stitch me back up. My stomach churned. I hadn't eaten anything for almost 10 hours and I was hungry.

The doctor finally came in through his set of doors, with a bunch of people trailing behind him. He said this was a pretty simple operation, so why did he need all these people. An audience maybe, to observe the cutting up of this girl?

He smile at me, and asked me how I felt. I just looked at all the people, suddenly surrounding my bed. "Don't worry, these people are only here to make sure everything goes according to plan." He tried to sound assuring. Do you expect to mess up or something. Please don't. I'd like my throat to look normal after all this. He slipped on his facial mask and then his gloves. I hoped a little that he would say what Patrick said when he was operating on Spongebob, but no luck. No "Don't touch me, I'm sterile."

They readjusted my bed so that I was lying down. One man, with cold hands, placed a mask over my face. They also clipped this thing to my finger that led to this machine that read my vital signs. It was fun watching the lines move. I almost laughed, but ending up coughing.

The Anesthesiologist grabbed a needle and filled it with some clear liquid. He tied a rubber band around my arm so that my vein would be more visible. "Stay still, hun, you might feel some slight pressure here." I winced so hard that I bit my lip when I felt the needle sink into my skin. I looked towards the window to see Gerard watching until the doctor moved in the way and I just stared at the ceiling, waiting for the medicine to take effect.

Gerard's POV

I was surprised that I was able to watch this long, but as soon as I saw the needle enter her, I had to turn away. I caught her eyes before doing so, and it almost killed me. Mikey placed a hand on my shoulder and I jumped. "Don't worry, gee, she's gonna be ok." He said calmly. I looked at him for a moment and then turned so I couldn't watch anymore.

I sat down in one of the chairs near Jamia who rested her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry." She said. I looked at her, and she looked up at me. "For what?" I asked. She shrugged. "I just feel so bad about this whole thing. I know it's not my fault, but I hate seeing you like this." She said. I gave her a little smile and nodded. "I just want this whole thing to be over." I said. She nodded and bit her lip.

There was a clacking on the hard, white polished floor. The clacking of high-heels and last time I checked, doctors and nurses didn't wear those on duty. I glanced at the hallway to see Lynnea walking into the waiting area in the dress, a light jacket and her large sunglasses. Alicia was second to notice, and she instantly looked at me. I didn't get up from my seat right way until she spotted me.

"I'll be right back." I told Jamia, who sat up straight. "I didn't think you'd come." I said, walking over to her. She crossed her arms. "I didn't come to see her. Mame did." I rolled my eyes sighing. "You brought Mame?" She chuckled. "You know how she is, how forceful she can be." I sighed deeply aggravated. "Fuck! Where is she?" She pointed down the hall with her thumb. I rubbed my face and started down, telling the guys I'd be right back.

Mame was just coming out of the cafeteria when I saw her, carrying a small coffee cup in both hands. "Mame?" I called, like I wasn't seriously pissed at her daughter. She looked up and her eyes brightened. "My God, Is that you Gee!" She exclaimed slowly. I smiled cause it was hard not to. "Yeah it's me. Here, let me help you with those." I offered, grabbing the one cup meant for Lynnea. "Why, thank you, dear. Aw, you're still so sweet."

When we got back to the waiting area, everyone was standing, just kind of small talking. Mikey was talking to Lynnea, which surprised me. Mame didn't have a problem prying into the conversation. "Here." I bit, handing Lynnea her the cup. She sneered. "Thank you." Mame sighed. "Can you two be nice to each other for once in your life. You're both mature adults, I would hope so." She shook her head towards Mikey. "You know I remember a time when you two couldn't say a hurtful thing to each other. You'd always say 'I love you' and 'goodnight baby' or something sweet like that."

I rubbed my forehead, dropping my head towards the floor. The thing I hate most about Mame, she reminisces on the past too much. Lynnea covered her eyes with her hand, wishing that Mame would just shut up. "Yeah ok, Mame." She said. "No, I'm serious. You two were so adorable." Bob and Frankie snickered. I shot them both a look and they turned around. "Always kissing and telling each other how much you loved the other. I always thought it was sweet." She finished. I nodded, my head still towards the floor. "Mame, that's enough! We know, we were there."

Mame smiled. "Ok. I want to see my granddaughter now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you just love it when old people bring up embarrassing memories........I don't -_-

P.s. Sorry for the confusing switch of POV's but I wanted to get one last Monet POV in before the surgery actually took place. Hope you likey :D and please, all my silent subscribers, let me know what you think and I will send lots of love your way!!!