Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Trois

Frankie POV

Something must have gone wrong.

There was blood. Lots of blood

The machine monitoring her heart rate beeped uncontrollably.

The doctors didn't know what to do, and they scrambled about trying to decipher what had happened. The others were in the waiting room, while I stood just outside her room, watching through the window. Gerard was still outside, talking with Lynnea when this happened. I wanted to run out there, past the receptionist's desk, let him know -- let both of them know what was happening with their daughter, but I couldn't leave.

Before I knew it, Gerard was tearing through the halls, pushing past people and doctors and trying not to hit the old man in the wheelchair. I'd never seen him run so fast, and I'd never seen his eyes go so wide. He stopped abruptly at the window, Mikey standing just out of the way, with his hands on the pane. "What happened?" He asked almost crying. "...I don't know." I regretted answering.

One of the doctors from another floor, came rushing out of the elevator and he was headed towards her room. He had his hands on the handle of the door when Gerard stopped him to ask, "What's going on? What's wrong with my daughter?" in a pleading kind of way. The doctor hesitated a bit, before gesturing with his hands, that he didn't quite know how to explain it. "The internal bleeding is significant. We don't know how to stop it right yet. I can't explain it really, it's....complicated."

I swore, all the blood from Gerard's face had drained in that tiny moment. "Your a doctor for Christ Sakes, you're supposed to know what the FUCK your doing before you go cutting people up!" He spat. The doctor shook his head. "Mr. Stevens' the last thing we need to worry about is you, if you present a problem, we're going to have to ask you to sit in the Waiting area for the duration of the operation." He said, pushing on the handle and closing the door behind him.

I watched him, wash his hands and then slip on a pair of those latex gloves that covered the other numerous doctors' hands in the room. He walked over to the bed, and no longer than 20 seconds, were his hands covered in Monet's blood. Gerard couldn't watch it anymore. He had finally cracked. He sat down on the bench in the hall and covered his eyes with his head down as he quietly sniffled.

Mikey took Gerard's place by the window. He looked like he wanted to cry too. I bet we all looked that way. "I think we should go. Give gee some time alone." He suggested. I nodded, taking one last look at the doctors and leaving with Mikey.

Jamia greeted me with a hug as soon as I entered the Waiting room. She had been crying, her cheeks and eyes both red from the tears. I patted the back of her head. "I take it you guys heard?" I said, almost crying myself. My eyes were definitely watering.

Bob nodded, his mouth a straight line. "How's gee?" He asked. "He's taking it really hard. Crying actually, though he'll deny it." Ray shook his head. "Do they know what's wrong?" I nodded. "Internal bleeding. They can't seem to stop it..." I had pause to wipe away my own tears. "There's blood everywhere."

Alicia bit her lip, wiping her tears, black from the mascara and eyeliner she wore. Mikey walked over to her and embraced her. Bob and Ray stood there indifferently, not knowing how to quite react. "This is fucking crazy." Bob sighed, folding up his sunglasses. Ray nodded, leaning against the wall. Nobody wanted to / couldn't say anything.

Just now did I pick up on the fact that the doctor had called Gerard, Mr. Stevens'