Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Quatre

Frankie POV

A couple hours later, I was coming back from getting Jamia and Alicia some food from the cafeteria when I passed Monet's room. Gerard was still there sitting on the bench, the only movement from him being the steady rising and falling of his shoulders. He seemed to be asleep, not registering the other people all around him.

"Gee, you alright?" I asked. No answer. "Come on, Gerard. You've been sitting there since 10:00. Aren't you hungry?" No answer. I looked at the analog clock on the wall. It was 3 in the morning. I was tired. Jamia and Alicia wanted to go home. Ray and Bob were taking turns sleeping on the bench in the Waiting room.

"Do you want a cup of coffee or something?" I asked. Surely he couldn't turn down coffee. He lifted his head from his hands and looked at me. The tears and fatigue resting heavily on his face. His eyes were blood shot, and his lips were dry. "No frank, I do not want a cup of coffee." He said. His throat was dry as well and his voice crackly.

He returned to his former position, his head in his hands between his knees. I felt sorry for him. Seeing her this way has really had an effect on him. I sighed and stood up from the bench just as the main doctor was coming out of her room. Gerard didn't even notice.

"Are you here for her?" He asked, his thumb pointing at the room. I nodded. "Is s-she ok?" I asked, stuttering a bit. Doctor Carter nodded. "She's fine, sleeping in fact. She lost a quite a bit of blood, but she's hanging in there." He said to my relief. I looked back at Gerard. I wasn't sure whether he heard Dr. Carter or what, but he'd find out eventually. "Can we see her?" I asked. "We really only allow the parents to enter right after the surgery. If you come back tomorrow, friend will be able to see her." I nodded, completely understanding.

I thanked him and turned around to see Gerard looking up at me. "She's ok." I'm guessing he heard. He didn't answer, continuing to just kinda look up at no one. "Um, I'm going to go tell the others. We're probably going to go home. You coming?" He shook his head while rubbing one of his eyes. "Gerard you look like you're about to collapse. Come home, eat something and get some rest for fuck's sake." I insisted. "I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying put." Talk about devotion. I shook my head. "Fine, if you decide to change your mind, call me and I'll come pick you up." I said and left him sitting on the bench.

...

Ray and bob were the first one's to hit the sack as soon as we got back to the hotel. Alicia and Mikey went to bed soon after me and Jamia did. It was funny cause as soon as Jamia saw the bed, she practically dived right on it. I was to tired to laugh. "So when can we see her?" Jamia wondered, watching me climb in beside her. "Tomorrow....or later on today?" I questioned myself. As soon as my ass touched the bed, I sunk right in. Jamia nodded. "I can't believe Gee is staying at the hospital. Even Joanne and Steve couldn't stay."

I covered up with the blanket as Jamia got herself comfy. "I don't know babe, but I am so fucking tired, I can't even fucking think straight." I admitted. She smiled, and switched the lights off

Gerard's POV

I couldn't believe it was almost 4 in the morning. I looked around the hall and nobody but me was here. There were no doctors, no patients, no families. Just me. I scrubbed my face with my palms and stood up. I got super dizzy and almost lost my balance. I grabbed onto the pane of the window for support and smiled when I saw Monet sleeping. She looked so peaceful just lying there, not knowing what had happened or what she had put me -- us through.

I looked around, the coast clear of people and quietly opened and closed her door. Her room seemed really bright white, like mental institute white and it hurt my eyes, but I was happy seeing that she was ok. That my daughter was ok and breathing and sleeping soundly. I leaned over slightly, as her bed was partly raised, and held my lips to her forehead. She didn't stir or make any noise. She'd be sleeping for a while.

"God, I love you so much." I whispered. Again no movement, but the steady rise and fall or her chest. I corrected my back up straight when I noticed the stitches on her neck. A straight line stretching right across her entire neck.

The door to her room opening jumped me into turning around to see who was there. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone would still be here." The nurse said. I faced Monet again. "Um, that's alright." I said, my eyes to the side to see if she was coming towards me. "Is this your daughter?" She asked. It wasn't the same nurse who'd tended to Monet before the operation."Yeah." I answered. She nodded. "What was she having done?"

"Vocal surgery."

She nodded again. "Ah, simple enough." Yeah, simple. She obviously hadn't heard. She left after having grabbed a tray full of operating tools. The first time in 24 hours that it was truly silent...

In.

Out.

In.

Out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yey i pulled off the 2 updates for Razox's birthday. Hope you enjoyed :)