Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Cinq

Gerard's POV

2 days later

"Why isn't she waking up?" Joanne asked the nurse tending to Monet. "Maybe she's just tired, ma'am." The lady answered. "Tired? Most people when they're tired sleep for a couple hours. She's been sleeping for 2 days." She exclaimed. The nurse shrugged. "Honey why don't you stop bothering her so she can get back to work." Steve suggested. Joanne rolled her eyes and decided to sit.

Dr. Carter exited Monet's room and entered the waiting area. "Mr. Way." He called. Me and Mikey looked up. He kind of chuckled at himself. "Ok, Monet's father." He clarified. That meant me. I hoisted myself up out of the chair and trailed behind him into the hall outside her room. "What is it?"

"Your daughter is doing perfectly fine. All of her charts show that everything is back to normal, the only thing I'm worried about is her insulin levels are rather high." I nodded. "Um, Mr. Stevens said that she takes medicine to keep them under check. I'm not entirely sure." I told. He nodded, scribbling something down something on a clipboard. "It sounds like she has Insulin Resistance Syndrome. What that is is It's when the pancreas produces more and more insulin to try and attach to cells. The strange thing is that IRS usually comes with Type 2 Diabetes. Your daughter shows no signs of having either type so I was wondering If it could be hereditary. Is it possible that you have high blood pressure. Or her mother."

I shrugged. "My father had high blood pressure. And he only had 1 heart attack that I know of." He nodded. "So other than that, it's not re-occurring thing in the family." I shook head agreeing. "Ok, that's all I really wanted to know." He smiled and started to leave when I stopped him. "When can she come home?" I asked. "Usually with throat surgery of any kind, we like wait until the patient can eat." He said and then left.

Monet's POV

My neck hurt really bad when I tried to roll over on my side, but I was finally able to get comfy. I was comfy, but I couldn't sleep. The EKG machine kept beeping every few seconds showing that I was alive. Yey me. I decided to try and ignore it. It didn't work.

I was watching the t.v. that the nurses had turned on. Lilo and Stitch on Disney. Kid friendly and safe. I switched my gaze over to door when It started opening. Dad was coming in. I closed my eyes so he'd think I was still asleep. He sat down on the chair beside my bed and placed his hands inside his hoodie's pockets.

...

I must have fallen asleep, cause the next thing I knew, I was trying to turn again and It still wasn't working out. I accidentally nudged Dad's hand and woke myself up. He just kinda waited there for me to come to, looking at me. "How're you feeling?" He asked. I cleared my throat, bad idea, that fucking hurt. "Good." I tried. It came out as a scratchy whisper. He grabbed the whiteboard and marker that Steve had brought and handed it to me. "Here. You shouldn't really talk." He said. I scribbled "Better then before" in messy left handed writing and I was surprised when he was able to read it. Maybe I don't know cause he just smiled.

There was a knock on the door and Dad -- wait when did I start calling him dad? -- anyways he told the person to come in, and Mikey was there, standing in the doorway. "Dr. Carter said I could come in since I was family." He hesitated on that last part a bit after seeing me awake. "You're awake. Thank god." He smiled. I offered him a tired smile and he returned it. I grabbed the whiteboard again, erased my last message and wrote, slightly neater, when can I go home? Gerard cleared his throat. "Dr. Carter wants you to try and eat something first. If you can keep it down, then you're allowed to go home."

I looked down at my own stomach, which was hurting now at the mention of food, and covered it with my arms. "I'll go get you some food." He offered. He stood from the chair, and excused himself from the room. Mikey watched him, then turned to me. "I know you probably shouldn't be out of bed yet, but do you wanna see everyone?" I bit my lip, nodded and pulled my feet out from under the covers. The floor was cold against my bare feet, and I almost fell but managed.

Mikey trailed behind as we walked down the hall and into the Waiting room. The carpet feeling warmer then the tile. Nobody at first noticed, but a woman with black hair looked up, smiled and slapped Frankie. He closed the Cosmo magazine he was reading and yelled. "Hey! What the fuck was that for?! Goddamn!." He exclaimed. Mikey laughed. Frankie shot him 'the look'. "You fucking think that's..." He trailed once he saw me. I waved. He forgot what he was going to say and smiled. "Hey baby!" He exclaimed. I smiled, walking over and standing next to him. "Oh my God, I was so worried." He said, pulling me into him and squeezing me.

"Frank. Frankie! Holy shit let her breathe." The same woman said. He let go. I had been able to breathe the entire time. "How are you feeling?" I had forgotten my whiteboard in my room. I looked at Mikey. "She's good." Mikey answered for me. Frankie smiled his all to familiar smile and clapped. "Good. No Great." I looked around. It was only him, Mikey and the woman. I wish I knew her name.

Gerard came back with a tray from the cafeteria with the doctor walking beside him. They were both surprised to see me out of bed. "I see you're awake." The doctor smiled. I nodded and looked at Gerard. He smiled and handed me the tray. All I had to do was eat something and I could go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
FRANKIE READS COSMO!!!

........i knew it was only a matter of time before we found out >_>

Hope you enjoyed :]