Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Huit

Lauren's POV

I stared at Imogene like she was crazy. "You're not serious? That's impossible." I said, my glance returning to the contents of my locker. "Lauren, I'm not joking. She told me herself." I shook my head, closing my locker, and swinging my bag onto my shoulder. "It's impossible. He can't be her dad. For one thing, she doesn't even look like him." I retorted. "So? I don't look like my dad."

"It's different." I tried. "How?" She asked. "Um, your dad's not a fucking famous rockstar. Hello, quite obvious. She probably just wants the attention." Imogene shook her head. "No Monet's not like that. And Gerard also claims he's her dad." She said. I looked at her. "You're not lying? I could ask her right now, and she'll agree." Imogene started shaking her head, then quickly changed to nodding. "Yeah. But don't tell her I told you. She'll like fucking kill me." She explained. I nodded. "Deal. So when are you guys gonna be playing again?" I asked, changing the subject. "Um, probably next week. It all depends on Monet's voice." I nodded again. The lunch bell rang.

...

I met up with Bailey and McKenzie and sat down, my mind still reeling on and on about what Imogene had told me. "So guess what I heard." I started. Bailey was too busy checking the carb count of her lunch. McKenzie being the only paying attention. "What?" She asked. "You know Monet?" I asked. She nodded. "She was that girl who sat with us a while back, right?" I nodded. "So, someone told me that Gerard Way is her dad." .......

"Whose that?" Bailey asked. Kenzie and I looked at her. "You don't know who he is." We both asked in unison, then looked at each other. Bailey shook her head. "He's the singer of My Chemical Romance." She nodded. "Oh, I've heard of them. Don't care for their music though." She said. I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, who told you?" Kenzie asked. I shook my head. "Oh, I just heard in somewhere in the hall. Like one of those pass-and-go things." I explained.

Bailey finally started paying attention when Derrick and Chris came by. They sat down, next to each other, and were still holding hands. "What's going on?" Chris asked, actually looking at us and not Derrick. "Did you guys hear about Monet?" Kenzie asked. Oops, so much for keeping this secret.

"No. What's wrong with Monet." Derrick said suddenly. Chris looked at him weirdly. He coughed and cleared his throat. "What's up with Monet?" He corrected. "Gerard Way is her dad." Kenzie blurted. I let out a deep sigh. "What?" He asked cause he didn't believe us. I didn't either.

"Do you even know who Gerard is?" Kenzie asked. Derrick nodded. "Yeah I know who he is. What's going on?" He was confused. "One of Monet's friends told me that she knew Gerard was Monet's dad." He kinda of stared at me for a sec. "Was it Imogene who told you?" He asked. I nodded. Sorry Imogene.

"No shit. This is great. I always knew Joanne and Steve weren't her real parents." Chris exclaimed. Derrick didn't register. Great. Chris knows. By this time tomorrow, everyone was going to know. "Chris you can't tell anyone." I said. Her and Bailey looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was.

"And why can't I?" She asked. "Because, she quite obviously doesn't want the attention." She checked her nails while I was saying this, then leaned over the table. "I'm sorry, but when your his daughter, It comes with the territory."

"We don't even know if it's true." Derrick brought up a good point, looking at Chris. "I can find out real easily." She claimed. I didn't doubt that she could. The bell ending lunch rang, and before I could say anything more to Chris, she left.

Derrick was still standing around when I finished packing up my lunch. "So Imogene told you." He asked. I nodded. "Oh. That....bites." I looked at him suspiciously. "I thought you didn't care about Monet." He shot back. "What! I don't! Look, she's a freshman, I'm concerned. Shoot me."

I smirked. "I'm a freshman, and you're not concerned about me."

"Cause your a bitch and you fucking harass me for God's sakes."

I smiled. "You like her."

"You're immature."

"I know I am, but that doesn't change the fact that you like her."

"Lauren, no. Don't even go there."

Too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed. I'll try to get at least one more update out today.

Love ya :]