Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Neuf

Monet's POV

I wish Joanne would have let me stay home today. I didn't want to go to school because my throat was really itchy and sore, but now I didn't want to go because all the other kids were staring at me and gasping. I had asked one of the teachers If I had a 'Kick Me' sign taped to my back. I didn't, so I didn't know what they were pointing at. I tried to just ignore them.

What was really weird was when I was in History, Brent, the boy who sat in back of me, poked me. I turned to see what he wanted. "Why didn't you tell me? You know I love them." I shrugged, feeling like that was the only possible thing I could do and have it make sense. I really didn't know what he was talking about. Tell him what? He loves who?

The same happened in Math, only there was no one to poke me in the back. Every time Miss. O'Brien turned her back towards the black board, people would look back at me. It was creepy having like, 60 pairs of eyes on you, looking at you, for unknown reasons.

...

By lunch, I was starving, and out in the lobby, not as many people were talking. Thank god. I adjusted one of my bags straps and walked into the lunch room, finding that Chris and Lauren were talking. Pretty harshly too. I set my stuff down on the table with no one seated at it and was about to sit down, when Chris called me over. I looked at her, and without saying anything, walked over to see what she wanted.

"Hey Moe, what's going on." I didn't answer. I hope she didn't expect me to. "Oh yeah, that's right, the surgery and everything. Are you feeling any better?" She asked instead. I shrugged. She was being too nice. "So how's the family. Your mom. Your dad?" She asked. I shrugged again.

"So I heard something about you the other day. And it was really interesting." I widened my eyes. "What?" I tried. She wrinkled her face. "I did some digging yesterday." She began. "and it turns out that that small little Foster Care center in New York has heard of you." My mouth almost dropped. "And it turned out that they had your complete medical history on file. Your birth certificate even." She claimed. I thought I was going to throw up, and I haven't even touched my food yet.

I glanced at Lauren and I wondered if she knew what Chris knew. Chris reached in her purse and pulled out a folded piece of paper. She handed it to me and I practically tore it open. She was telling the truth.

Providence Of Dijon, France.
Clinique Sainte Marthe

This certificate is to certify that:
Monet Heléné Du Pont
was born on the 19th of April in the year of 1992
Below are the parent signatures of Lynnea M. Du Pont(mother) and Gerard A. Way(father)

Note: The parents of Monet Heléné Du Pont we not married at the time of birth.


After reading the paper, I looked up to see Chris smiling. "What a happy family." She said. I struggled to swallow the lump in my throat, and attempted to hand her the paper back. "Keep it, I've got copies." She said. I knew she was telling the truth about that too.

I noticed her glance behind me and smile. The last person I wanted to deal with was Derrick and of course, it had to be him. He looked down at what was in my hand, but I folded the bottom part up so he couldn't see. "What's that?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nothing." I told him.

"Chris, what is that?" He asked her instead. She shrugged. "Her birth certificate. Guess whose name is on it?" She smirked. Derrick looked at me, and I handed him the paper. He unfolded it and silently read it to himself.

"Wow....um, Monet, I--" He was cut off my the bell ending lunch. I grabbed the paper from him and took my lunch. Before I left, I could barely hear Derrick say, "Christina I need talk to you for a minute." then all I could hear was the kids talking in the hall way as I headed off to homeroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it. The end was a little rushed, but I hope it was still good.