Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Cinquante Deux

“I can’t believe you told her! I thought I could trust you!” I shouted, crossing my arms over my chest. Imogene shot back, almost dropping her bass. Adrian looked between us, and then sighed, throwing his hands in the air. “I’m so glad I’m not a woman.” He exclaimed. Thomas and Jaime nodded in agreement.

I looked at Jaime, catching him nod. Jamie MacGregor was Imogene newest boyfriend. “You didn’t tell him did you?” I asked narrowing my eyes. “NO. What kind of friend do you think I am?!” She sneered. “Well I don’t know, you told Lauren.”

“Because I thought you was her friend.”

“What gave you that crazy idea? I haven’t talked to her all year.” I said. Imogene shrugged. “Well I don’t know who you talk to. You hardly ever talk to anyone.” She sent. I crossed my arms again, and stormed out the backstage door. “Nice, look what you did.” Adrian sent. He followed me out and into the warm night.

I turned to face him, my back receiving the wind that the passing cars sent us. “Ugh! I can’t believe her. She can’t keep her mouth shut to save her life.” I seethed. Adrian simply nodded. I turned my back toward him and faced the highway. The wind generating from the passing cars felt nice against my hot face.

"Monet." He called.

"What."

"We are going on soon. You think you can get through this next hour?" I nodded, then headed back inside.

...

"You and Imogene had a fight?" Gerard asked, handing me a cup of water from the sink in the doctors office. I nodded and excepted his offering. I lifted the cup to my parted lips and drank a little. "About what?" He asked. I shrugged. "Stuff." I said. He chuckled. "Just about stuff. You two?" I nodded.

He study me for a minute, his hazel eyes searching for the real reason, then sighed and turned away. Dr. Carter came in and smile at the both of us. "How are you feeling, Monet." I shrugged. "She's eager to get those stitches out." Dad said for me. Thank you, dad and yes, I decided I should start calling him dad. Dr. Carter smiled and said, "Then lets get to it."

...

Dr. Carter handed me a hand-held mirror to show me my neck after the stitches were removed. "So you performed last night?" Dr. Carter asked as I looked over my neck. I nodded again, wondering to myself how long was there going to be a scar. "What did you sing?" He asked. I cleared my throat. "I did a cover for Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People." I told him.

He stared at me for a sec then looked at my dad. He nodded. "That may be why your throat hurts then." He chuckled a bit. I shrugged again but more heavily this time. "Well, um, stitches are out, is there anything else you would like.

I started to shake my head, glanced at my dad and then nodded. "What is it?" Dr. Carter asked. "I have to ask my dad first." I said. Dad raised a brow in question and walked over as he knew I wouldn't ask it in the open.

"What?" He asked. I put my arms around his neck to draw him closer so I could say it in his ear also so I could just hug him for a second. "What honey?" He whispered. I smiled to myself. "Um, I know you're probably gonna say no but I was I was wondering If you'd, like....um," Dammit, this sounded a lot easier in my head. "I'm just gonna say it. My guidance consular saw the certificate thing and suggested that I...er... get a Paternity Test. And I kinda want one."

He pulled back a bit, so he could look at me, not saying anything for a couple seconds and then asked, "Why'd you think I'd say no?" I shook my head. "Someone said you didn't like needles." I said, my nose becoming all sniffle-ish. He rubbed my cheek and smiled. "For something like that, I would so do it." He smiled. I tried to smile back.

"So what are we doing." Dr. Carter asked at once. I looked at my dad hoping he would ask for me. "I pretty sure we want a Paternity Test." He said. Dr. Carter nodded, writing something down on a slip of paper. "Alright. I'll get right on it." He smiled and gestured for Gerard to follow him into another room. "I'll be right back." He sighed, kissing my forehead.

He winked at me before leaving and closing the door behind him and leaving me all alone in the room. I looked at the calender hanging silently on the wall.

May 25th already.