Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Huit

Even Though it had snowed just last week and It was now the first of march, the snow was melting fast. Quite noticeably If I must say. Most likely because we have had sun and blue skies all week. I know weather changes quick everywhere else in the country, but here in New Jersey, It’s crazy.

“Monet stop daydreaming and get out there in the game.” Coach St. Denis called over. I snapped back to life and quickly ran onto the field. One of the big and I mean big and terribly frightening girls had the job of getting the ball away from who started the game. Unfortunately that was me. I felt sorry for our teams Goalie cause I Imagined she has one hell of a kick. I could see it now…Belleview Senior High School Girls Soccer Team. Most Brutal Player: Cynthia Kennerson.

The coach’s whistle blew, signaling me to start. I kicked the ball past Cynthia and over to Teri who then kicked it to Kristen. I ran past her with Teri following me so that when I got the ball again, I could kick it to her. Lisa, a girl on the other team, kicked it to Cynthia but Teri, being the skinny, agile girl she is, was able to intercept and get the ball away and send it to me. I ran with the ball to our Goal spot and scored. My team cheered and coach told us to regroup.

That was how a majority of the games went. I would lose the ball to someone only to get it back and kick it into the goal. Now it was the last game before he had to shower up and head to lunch, The teams were tied at 7-7. Whoever scored this time would win and whoever missed would get dumped on for making their team lose.

The whistle blew and I kicked. The ball flew off towards Amanda who was on the other team and I panicked, but thankfully, Angel got to it before her. I sighed and ran to meet up with her. Angel kicked it to Kaitlynn and she kicked it to me but before I could carry it, Cynthia came out of nowhere and kicked my legs out from under me and she got the ball. Her team scored before I was even able to stand up again. The whistle blew, ending the game and I limped to the building and into the showers.

I followed my classmates into the cafeteria and at the table Imogene would be sitting at. While all the other kids were getting their lunches, I waited for Imogene to come with mine. She came down from the line with 2 of everything on her tray. She sat down next to me and handed me her duplicates. A Milk, a juice, a slice of pizza and a bag of cheetos.

Thomas and Adrian sat down and watched me and her eat our food. “Watch it Imogene, you might actually digest something.” She scowled at Adrian who said that. He’s always poking fun at her. Thomas looked at me. “What?” I asked. “How did soccer go?” He asked. “You see me limping?” He nodded. “There’s you’re answer.”

Imogene dropped her juice almost spilling it. “Weird.” I said, biting a pepperoni. “We’re doing soccer in gym?” I nodded. “Why do you think I cut.” Adrian interrupted. “You cut gym when we had archery for god’s sake.” I said. He shrugged. “Why?” I asked Imogene. She grunted. She hates soccer and she had gym tomorrow. “At least we’re not fucking snowshoeing.” Thomas said. Imogene whimpered and laid her head down on the table. “Aw, you got her all depressed now. There, there.” I mocked, patting her on the head. She was like a giant puppy only she didn't slobber all over everything, thankfully enough