Status: Completed <3

You're Flying

Dom

I looked at the tiny boy that is cuddled into my arms, his eyes trained on whatever movie we decided to pop into the DVD player. I wasn't really paying attention. I just let Angel choose what he wanted to watch, because for now on, what Angel wants, Angel gets. It's going to be the way that everything is around here now. I feel as if I still need to make up for all of the horrible things that I forced him to go through, but with each passing day I'm slowly starting to redeem myself.

He's my world. That's the only way I can describe him. I'd do anything for him. Hell, I went through months upon months of rehab for him. I'm not ashamed of going to rehab though, just because in the end, it was totally worth it. I got to keep my Angel, my lover, and now we're spending our lives together. Being able to call him mine and only mine never ceases to place a smile upon my features, quickly putting a smile on his. God, I love his smile.

Changing for Angel has undoubtedly been the biggest roller coaster ride that I ever rode, but the thrill that I got in the end made it all worth it. I mean, we're living together as a happy couple. We no longer have lingering fears that the other would cheat. We no longer have the constant threat that alcohol presented itself it. We no longer have any cares in the world. All we care about and need in life are each other. Nothing else can get in our way.

I finally got a job for Angel. After what felt like a million and one interviews, I found a job that I not only enjoy, but pays well. And the owners love both Angel and I. See, I work at a bookstore now. I know that it's tiny and it's not an ideal job, but I've learned that getting lost in a book is an amazing feeling. It is as if I temporarily enter an alternate universe when I am reading now. It's all because of Angel. He's changed my views on a lot of things about the world.

The owners of my bookstore are so kind and supporting of Angel and I. They would occasionally send me home with a book or two to give to Angel. It's as if they think of us as two of their own sons. We might as well be, we practically live there during the day. Angel will constantly stop by and come visit me if he had time in between classes. He's so considerate, loving, caring. He's just all around perfect. I don't know how else to describe him.

My Angel will be graduating college soon. He's already got a bunch of internships for amazing companies lined up for him, obviously showing how much of a hard-worker he is. He's going to go places, and he's going to bring me right along with him. That's something that I'll always be thankful for.

When he's finally got a nice, firm job, I'll be going back to school. I feel like I finally have the proper mind-set to finish college and graduate. I know that I'm only going to a community college, but it's really going to widen my horizon. Hell, it'll help me get a better job, too. Not that I don't love the bookshop, but I want to bring in more money for my Angel. He deserves nothing but the best and I'm going to work my ass off to give him that.

After embarking on this journey with Angel over six months ago, I've come out a changed man. I know that may sound a bit cheesy, but it is beyond true. Hell, we've both come out of this experience as changed men, and we changed for the better too. Quince even changed. His girlfriend moved into the apartment, taking my place, and they're happily in love like Angel and I.

Today, I find it hard to believe that I used to treat alcohol as the source of all my answer. Now that I look back on it, I found everything pathetic. I was a coward, scared to face anything head on, and alcohol would temporarily take away my worries, allowing me to forget how much of a coward I truly was. I am regretful of all my past actions, but I feel like I'm making up for them in the present.

I used to turn to alcohol because it not only took away my worries, but it made me feel like I was on top of the world, as if I were flying. Now I know how wrong I truly was. I still feel those levels of euphoria, but it's not because of my alcohol addiction. Now I feel like I'm flying because of Angel, my new addiction, one that I know I will never be cured of. And let me tell you, Angel is way better then alcohol.

I'm no longer flying, I'm soaring. And I'm not soaring alone. Angel's soaring right along side me. Together we are on cloud nine, loving each other, living happily, smiling endlessly. Together we can fly through life happily, spending all of time together until we grow old. Together we can really do anything.

I looked down at Angel, pressing a tiny kiss to his forehead to get his attention.

He looked up at me, taking his eyes off of the movie. A smile formed on my lips as I reached up and caressed his delicate cheeks with my hands, staring into his amazing eyes. "I just wanted to tell you that I love you," I whispered softly.

The smile that he sent my way in response was infectious. "I love you too, Dom," he whispered just as quietly, leaning forwards to press a soft but passionate kiss to my lips.

And let me tell you, I fucking took off as shivers rocked my frame. Together, we started to soar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Simple and sweet. The end. There will be no sequel.

I'd like to thank everyone who has commented and everyone who will comment in the future! :)

Twoony and I enjoyed writing for you so much that we couldn't stop, so we decided to give you a surprise. Click here for it.

<3