Evan Summers

Rett And Scarlett

Evan Summers was always a surprise. The way she looked right now reminded Matt why he had fallen in love with her. It also reminded him why he was such an idiot. He loved her. He loved her and then turned around and hurt her. Matt had broken her heart and he couldn't figure out how to mend it.

Though that morning when she came to see him was a start. Matthew Dalton was a changed man. He had his sights set on winning her back. Back into his life, back into his arms, back into her heart.

____________________________________

"Hey Blondie." Matt was close. Too close. Evan Summers cold feel his cool, minty breath on her cheek. She could turn her just a fraction to the left and their lips would have met. They would have crashed into one another and it would be like one of those cheesey, cliche, lame, corney, sappy movies.

And yet, that was exactly what Evan wanted. She wanted to just forget about everything and jump into his arms. She smiled.

"Great." she muttered.

"Ohhkayy." He sighed and moved back some. "My presence is not wanted." Matt turned to leave.

"Uh, Matty, wait, just wait." She swiveled the desk chair around. Setting her book down on the desk. Taking off her glasses she looked at him.

"What do you want." Evan could have cursed herself for sound irritated.

"Whatcha reading." Matt nodded towards the book.

"Gone With The Wind." she blushed.

Right then and there Evan felt as if her room was becoming smaller. Closing in on her. Her and Matt. Matt and Her. That's all she could think about. Matt. Matty. Matthew.

It was then that Evan Summers realized she was madly in love with this boy.
That she always had been.

Matthew Dalton could see it in her eyes.
The girl he loved and hurt still loved him.

Evan Summers had found her Rett.
Matthew Dalton had found his Scarlett.