Ready For Your Love

Catch me whenever I fall

The knocking on the door continues, it’s been 5 minutes now.

“LYNN? LYNN? FUCK, LYNN, OPEN THE DOOR,” Frank keeps yelling. The knocking gets louder.

A mumbling follows, and I can hear a key being inserted into the lock. They always had an extra key, I don’t know why he freaked out so much about getting in.

I’m still sitting on my chair; the letter’s still on the floor and I think the pancake completely cremated by now. A thick black-greyish fog bounds my sight, but I couldn’t care less anymore.

Frank managed to unlock the door by now, and he comes bursting into my apartment, but backs away immediately, coughing severely.

“Lynn? Where the fuck are you? Are you alright?” Jamia yells from the door. Frank pulls his shirt in front of his nose and mouth, and runs to the other side of the room, opening every single window. He turns around again and notices me.

“Lynn… Lynn…” He keeps repeating, in a cracked voice, telling me he’s worried sick.

“I remember that guy now…” I whisper, my voice weakened by all the smoke. “He’s the house-keeper’s secretary.”

His eyes look into mine, searching for a trace of drug use, probably. “W-what?” He asks, confusion getting the best of him. I point at the letter on the floor by just moving the hand in my lap a bit. He gets the message though and immediately looks down, grabs the letter and he quickly scans it, his eyes widening as he continues.

“What’s wrong?” Jamia asks, as her eyes, too, scan me worriedly.

“I kindly ask you to leave the house by October 1st,” Frank reads from the letter. “It’s the 30th of September today,” he mumbles, looking over to Jamia. She stares at him unbelievingly as she turns off the fire underneath the pan.

“You’re not serious, are you?” She nearly shrieks. I nod.

“He is.”

“Oh baby,” Frank moves to hug me. As he wraps his arms around me, he meets with a cold hearted body. I can’t find the power in myself to show emotion anymore. “You’re moving in with us,” He says determined as he lets go of me. Jamia nods and grabs her cell phone, calling a friend who owns a van, to ask whether she could loan it anytime soon.

As she’s talking into her cell phone, Frank stays right beside my, rubbing his hand up and down my leg softly.

I hear a sob, making me remember Kayla. I jump up, and run over to the couch.
My Kayla lays there, starting to cry. “Aw honey,” I say, trying to strengthen my voice again. “It’s alright, mommy’s here now.” I pick her up, and start to whisper sweet nothings in her ear as I pace the living room. She calms down again, and Frank puts his hand on my lower back.

“Jam’s friend will be here in 10 minutes, he’ll help us out, alright?” He softly says. I look over to him and softly smile.

“I guess,” I reply. He smiles too, and softly ticks Kayla’s nose, making her giggle and grabs his finger to suck on it. I smile again, then scan my now ex-apartment.
“I won’t miss this place, honestly.”

“I know,” Frank says, his hand moving from my lower back to my hip to pull me into a slight hug.

“Here,” I say, as I give Kayla to him. I walk into the bathroom, Jamia following me, and start sorting things out already. There’s things I definitely want to keep, and things I won’t need because the Iero-Nestor household will already have it.

“You’re okay with me staying over for a while?” I ask Frank’s fiancée.

“Sure!” she smiles. “You know you’re one of my best friends. I don’t mind at all. And what’s more, the apartment will be less empty and silent when Frank’s on tour. And you could help us move into the house,” she jokes. I laugh.

“I’d love to, honestly.”

“Good. ‘Cause whether you like it or not, you will! I will make you,” She retorts.

“So I’m supposed to be scared now?” I say. She nods.

“Terrified,” she replies, as she traces her neck with her finger, pretending to slit her throat.
I laugh again, and shake my head.
“You should,” She laughs. “I can do that.”

“Yeah, ‘cause vegetarians like us just love to kill people.” I catch her off guard, and she’s stuck without a comeback. “I WIN!” I say happily, raising my arms in victory.
She prods me with a hairbrush, making me glare at her, followed by a fit of giggles from the both of us.

“Er, ladies? The van has arrived, maybe we should start working,” Frank mumbles, slightly shaking his head at us.
We giggle one last time, then start moving as much as we can into the van.