Status: Still writing the story

Scared

Things Get Strange

Saturday (4:40am):

As torturing as the detention seemed, we still went…

I was the first to arrive, so I just sat at the front gate of the school. It was 38° so it wasn’t fun. I finally wasn’t going to be alone; in the distance I could see a car headed towards the school. Moments later as the car approached, I could tell it was Shane.

“Hey, is the instructor here yet?” asked Shane as he slammed the car door and waved goodbye to his older brother.

“No man but he should be pretty soon, its 4:58am.”

“I hope Katie makes it” said Shane.

“Dude why don’t you text her? Ask her where she’s at.”

Shane then pulled out his phone and started texting her. She replied almost instantly saying she was near the school. Katie luckily, made it and she quickly got out the car to make it seem like she’s been there in case the instructor arrives. We all waved goodbye to her mom.

“Hey guys, what time is it?” asked Katie.

“Uh, 5:08” said Shane.

“I could’ve had time to eat something if I would’ve known he’d take this long”

I asked, “Hey isn’t it your Birthday Shane?”

“Yeah don’t even remind me.”

We both got up and started giving Shane Birthday punches.

“So Shane how old are you?” asked Katie as she was laughing.

“Um, 16”

“16? You overgrown baby, you don’t belong here” said Katie.

“Dude” said Shane as he pointed towards the speeding car approaching the school.

We immediately stood up and tucked our shirts in, lined up and placed our hands behind our back. The instructor, well-dressed and holding a cup of coffee, made his way towards the school’s front gate to unlock it.

“Only three huh, well my name is Mr. Rick and you guys will be here from now until 12 o’clock noon. There is to be no talking, no gum, no eating, no drinking, no electronics, and no smoking do I make myself clear?”

“Aw man, no smoking?” said Shane joking around.

“Sir, you think this is a joke? Huh?”

“No sir, sorry”

Katie and I were trying to hold our laughter.

“Ok, now follow me up to the 3rd floor in a quiet, straight line.”
When we arrived, we noticed 5 desks in the middle of the hallway; I guess they expected a bit more people to come.

“You sit here, you sit here, and young lady you sit over here”

The hallway was really dark with the only light being from the ‘exit signs’ scattered throughout the dark hall old hall.

“I’ll be downstairs monitoring the three of you in the camera room while I make a quick phone call” said Mr. Rick as he rushed out of sight.

“Well this sucks” said Shane as he let out a big sigh.

“He’s not in the camera room yet but, in about 5 minutes we have to act like we’re working.
I’ll bet those camera’s have no audio, so we can talk” I say.

“True that but this hallway creeps me out, I’ve never seen the school with the lights off” says Katie.

“Shhh, did you hear that?!” said Shane.
I started snickering.

“Hear what?! What is it?” said Katie, who was scared but that’s nothing new.

“I hear…your mother” said Shane.

I just burst out laughing and gave Shane a high-five. Katie just sighed and put her head down. One thing I learned is to never prank Kates because, she will get revenge.

“Aw, come on Kates, we were just messing with you” I said.

Katie picked up her head fast, “you guys heard that?!”

“Heard what?!” screamed Shane.

“Dude, she’s messing with you for revenge.”
I turned the page in my textbook to make it look like I was working.

“No for real I heard something, no joke” said Katie with a scared look on her face.

“Dude, Kates doesn’t ever do pranks on us, I think she is for real” said Shane.

“Oh my god it’s like footsteps right there” screamed Katie as she pointed at the floor beside her.

“What do we do?! This haunted shit is creeping me out.”

“Yeah pussy faggot that should teach you not to play pranks on m-“

Katie suddenly flies out of her seat and into the wall as if someone with great strength had thrown her.

“Holy, Holy, Holy shit, whoa what the hell?!” screamed Shane at the top of his lungs.
I rushed out of my seat to assist her.

“Oh my god, are you ok?!”

That seemed to be the line us white people always say when someone gets hurt. It could be a person surviving a car explosion and we’d still ask them if they are ok.

She seemed fine but, she was speechless and shaking in fear. She was in a serious state of shock...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the feedback guys! :) Be sure to wait for the 3rd chapter! This is chapter 2 btw because, the first was used for the prologue so that one didn't count.

The story is told in Chris Parker's POV, just in case you were a bit confused.