Status: Active

Love is Merely Madness

Chapter 1

"Alexis!" shecalled screamed from the kitchen. I didn't dare to answer, for I knew she had had a bad day, and that meant murder for me.
"Alexis fucking answer me!" I was screwed. "y-yes?" I mumbled softly. "Sammantha Alexis Barker come down here in this instant"

I got up from my bed and cussed under my breath. I walked slowly to the kitchen and in a matter of , what felt eternity I was in front of the white wooden door. I pushed it lightly just to see an angry mother standing there.

"Oh, so you did listen to me, huh?" she exclaimed mockingly "what took you so damn long? what if I was dying here, Alexis? When I fucking call you, I want you here quick!" then she smirked "or is it too hard for you too understand?"
"Sorry" was the only thing I said, I know you may be thinking "What the hell? I wouldn't let anyone talk to me like that!" But she's my mother, I respect her... even if she doesn't respect me. I know, I'm stupid... but what could I do anyway.

"What did you need?" I said looking down to my feet.
"You weren't going to tell me about this?" she said slamming her fist on the table. I looked up and saw a blue envelope on the kitchen table. "I don't know what that is" I replied looking at her hand pressing down the envelope to the table. "You think I'm stupid or what?" her fist still pressing on the table. "You had a C- and three D's, how will you explain that?" I just looked down and remained silent, I knew I couldn't just be like "Blondie took all my work, so I didn't have it all... then she knocked me out!" I would end up faceless by Blondie and my mom for being so weak.

Oh yeah, Blondie was this girl on mt high school that beat the shit out of me on regular basis. She's a bully and a bitch, but I was always weaker than her, so I just kept my mouth shut.

"Well, are you going to say something?" she said with her hand on her hip and the other one still on the table.
"I- I just..." I gave up, I was scared shitless and I knew I didn't want to start an argument. "Why are you like this!? Can't you be like your brother?!" She exclaimed throwing the envelope to the wooden floor. "He's responsible, handsome, polite, and he respects himself! But look at you with your lip and nose pierced, hair dyed, those grades" she exhaled loudly "you... such a mistake with you" She just smirked and turned away from me.

That really hurt me, she always said things like those. But I acted as if I didn't care and left the kitchen, fighting with my tears.

When I finally got to my room, I climbed on my bed and sobbed silently. A few moments passed, and I heard footsteps, then knock on the door. I knew it was Richard, my brother; I felt a hand on my shoulder and then... a smell. It was horrid! He had been smoking and drinking again, probably getting stoned too. I looked up and saw his glassy eyes, he was mumbling something, but I really gave a fuck. So I grabbed his hand and led him to his room, he fell asleep as soon as he lay his head on the bed.

Only if my mother had known he was a junkie, a cheater and a jackass, maybe she would've appreciated me a bit. "But if I tell her... she won't believe me" was the last thing I thought before going to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so... tell me what you think.
It's the first story I write in English... so I'm not that good. >.<