Status: Active

Love is Merely Madness

Chapter 13

"Open the damn door, I said!"
It was Jeanette, banging on the door like a crazy old lady... well, she was a crazy old lady.
A few seconds after Jeanette screamed again, we heard another scream: "Brandi! 'cmere you bitch!" Now it was Richard...

"Who the hell is Brandi?" Matt asked, annoyed.
"His ex... but he's drunk, so he thinks she's me..." I explained, looking how pissed he was.
He was about to say something when we heard a huge thump, followed by a "I'LL TAKE THE DOOR DOWN IF YOU DON'T OPEN IT!"
"WHAT?!" I screamed back.
"Open the door, you're father is here"my mom Jeanette said., referring to Arthur Barker; the man who wanted a divorce and full custody of Richard and I, also the man who I thought was my father.

"No, my father is in here, with me" I replied, turning to see Matt smiling.
"Alexia, open the door!" Arthur said, and I shook my head violently.
"You don't even know my name right!" I screamed "my name is Alexis! Sammantha Alexis! You prick!" I was pissed off; my "dad" didn't even know my name!

Matt walked to the door, and smirked before opening it. When he did, Arthur's eyes went big.
"I'm taking my kid with me, ok?" Matt said looking down at Arthur, who was shocked.
"I-I l-love Alexiaaa-lexis... Alexis. She's my baby g-girl" Arthur said; or at least tried to say.
"You don't fool me" Matt said. For some reason he looked more huge and scary... which made him even more awesome in that moment. Arthur was shitting his pants. He was scared shitless; he started taking small steps back. I guess, he wasn't only intimidated by his size, but by the way he stared at him.

"so, are you going to argue with me about my daughter?" Matt said, raising his voice.
"n-no" Arthur said, quickly shaking his head.
"good; you're not that dumb" Matt said, and closed the door.
"You're awesome!" I said, smiling for ear to ear.
"I know, I know" he said proudly. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

We finished packing my things, and sat on the old mattress.
"so, you have two options" he started "stay here, and I'll pick you up tomorrow OR come to the hotel with me"
My answer was obvious: Hotel. He nodded and told me we needed to get all my stuff in the car, and say my final goodbye to the Barkers.
I couldn't help bit feel a bit sad; they didn't give a rat's ass, but inside I felt sad. Especially for Richie, he has been a great big brother, before he got into drugs and alcohol -all because of the stupid divorce- he was destroying his life.

We finally got everything in the car and sat in the front. I exhaled deeply. "Tired?" Matt asked, turning the ignition.
"really tired" I answered. "Is the hotel too far away?" I asked him, yawning.
"no, don't worry. And anyway, you can take a nap and I'll wake you up when we get there" Matt said, and I smiled gratefully.
After a few seconds, his phone rang. "hello?" he answered.
"hey babe... yeah, she's with me... what?...relax, Val. It doesn't matter...anyway, she's with us now... yeah?... great!... ok, babe, bye" He hung up, and looked up at me.
"Jeanette called Val"
"What did she say?"
"Bitch... and she hung up" we both laughed.
"really?"
He nodded and we laughed even harder.
"oh yeah, she told me to tell you that she just finished your surprise with Jimmy"
I grinned. "yaaay! can't wait!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
ellow!
Here's the update, my friends.
comments? ^^ I know you silent readers want to comment... I know you do ^^'

xox