Status: Active

Love is Merely Madness

Chapter 22

I woke up at 8:17, when I heard noises downstairs. I got up from my bed and heard footsteps approaching my room; I fixed my ponytail and heard a light knock on my door, followed by Val's voice.
"Honey, are you up yet?"
I opened the door and smiled. "yeah, I'm up"
"Oh good, breakfast is ready"

Val was wearing a pair of white and blue pajama pants and a gray KoRn hoodie. Her ponytail was loose and a few strands of hair slipped from it.
We walked downstairs and sat to eat on the kitchen table, I noticed a white container in front of her.
With a smile she opened the container, reviling freshly made pancakes. I grinned as she grabbed my plate and served 2 pancakes for each one of us.
"Oh, I forgot. Sweetie, could you please grab the syrup? It's in the counter"
"Sure"
I got up and placed it on the table. Then it occurred to me. "Where's Matt?"
"He left to the studio early" she said smiling. "coffee?"
"please"

After the coffee was served we started eating silently, until Val thought it was the perfect time to talk. "How are you liking it here?"
"Everything's awesome! I absolutely love the house, and my room... god, it's amazing!"
"I'm glad you like it" she said chuckling at my eagerness. "So, Samm, let's talk about you"
"what do you want to know?"
"Last night, when you went to bed, I was wondering... about Jeanette"
"oh" I felt my heart drop. I still was very hurt.
"We won't talk about it if you want" she said quickly.
"It's okay" I said, smiling weakly.
"Well, let's eat, so we can talk in the living room"
I nodded and we finished quickly.

We walked to the living room and sat on the Loveseat, across the big sofa.
"Ask" I said, smiling.
"okay... tell me about your friends"
"Well, they're nuts" we both laughed. "we always took care of each other, that's what makes them so special for me"
"like sisters, right?"
"yeah"
"the girls and I are just like that... Leana, Lacey, Michelle and I, I mean. We don't really get along with Gena"
"I see why"
We talked about Richard, my foster brother; school; music; and other things.

"I love talking to you" I said, making her smile. "I've never talked to anyone like this before, I feel I can tell you anything, anytime" I smiled weakly.
"You can, sweetie. I know this will sound weird... but I'm your mom, and I'll always be here for you"
"You know, for some reason, it doesn't sound weird at all"
Val smiled and hugged me, whispering "I love you, Samm" into my ear.
"I love you too, Mom" I said, feeling like a huge weigh had been lifted from my shoulders.

After talking about other stuff, we went to the kitchen to wash the dishes, I dried them.
"So, Sammi, I was wondering... do you like somebody?" she said while she rinsed a plate.
"Did Matt tell you??!!" I practically yelled, making her eyes grow wide.
"Tell me?? Tell me what?!" she said grinning
"Crap" I said, blushing. I screwed myself up.
"Tell me!" she said taking her gloves off and walking to me.
"Tell you what?"
"Samm!"
"Fine, fine..." I took a deep breath. "it's Zacky" I said as quietly as I could, feeling my cheeks heat up.
"he is pretty cute, huh?" she said smiling. I nodded slightly and grabbed the plate, placing it in the counter.

"Well, go get dressed. Today is girl's day"
"Girl's day?" I said, cocking an eyebrow.
"yup! You'll meet Lacey and Leana!!"
I chuckled at her eagerness. "Go go!!" she pushed me lightly to the stairway.
"okay okay" I said, holding my laughter, and walking to my room to get ready.
"I promised you'll love the girls" I heard her say from the kitchen.

I hope I do... I thought making my way to the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to put this chapter up!! I'm really sorry! school's being a bitch to me lately... so yeah, I hope you like the mother-daughter bonding.
Please comment, and tell me what you think will happen with the girls on the next chapter :D

xox-