Status: Active

Love is Merely Madness

Chapter 24

After everyone left, Val prepared dinner for the 3 of us. It felt weird to be with Matt and Val only; it made me, finally, realize this is my family.
While Val was in the kitchen, Matt called me to the living room.
"How was your day with the girls?"
"It was great, they're all amazing" I said, sitting next to him.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it" he gave me a warm smile "How are you adjusting to all of the changes in your life?"
"Well, you guys have made it so easy for me... so, I'm doing good"
"Great! I, honestly, thought it was going to be weirder" He laughed lightly.
"How are you adjusting to the changes?" I asked, nervous about the answer. He looked at me, surprised.
"Well, I'm still getting used to the idea of being a parent, you know." he smiled "I'm enjoying it though" He finished, making me fully smile.
"Dinner's ready!" we heard from the kitchen.
"Let's go, kiddo" He said, getting up. On the way to the kitchen, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I could tell he was hesitant about it. I leaned into him and wrapped my arm around him, making us both smile.

I could tell Matt was still struggling with the whole idea of being my father, but I could also tell he was trying, and I really appreciated that from him.
Unlike with Val, I still couldn't bring myself to open up completely to him. I promised myself I'd make an effort to bond with him when I first arrived here... I still needed to work on that.

When we were at the table, eating what Mom had prepared, I noticed how they both looked at me with a worried expression.
"Is something wrong?" I asked, putting my fork down.
"No, not at all, Samm" Val said placing her hand on Matt's, who was sitting at the header of the table.
"Samm, " Matt sighed "You're starting school in two days"
My jaw dropped as I looked at them in shock. "Two days!?"
"Yeah, the school called a while ago to confirm your name" Val said.
"So tomorrow, the guys and I, will take you shopping for school stuff." Matt said, smiling.
"The guys?" I asked amused.
"Yeah, they decided it" Val said, as amused as I was.
When we finished eating we helped Val with the dishes and putting stuff in it's place, and left to our respective rooms to get ready to sleep.

I changed into my pj's, cleaned my make up off, and tied my hair into a ponytail.
"I think I'll call Michelle" I said to myself, as I strolled to my bedside table, where the phone rested.
I quickly dialed her number and waited.
"Hello?"
"Michelle?"
"Samm!" she screamed "school is hell without you!"
"school will be hell without you... I'm starting school in two days"
"good luck, dear." she said in a normal tone.
"yeah, thanks"
"Well, I gotta go, my mom needs the phone"
"okay, talk to you in a few days, then?"
"Yep"
"bye, love you"
"bye, love you too" We hung up, and I went to bed.

*Next Morning*

Matt woke me up just like he did at the hotel some nights ago. He told me to get ready, cause the guys were coming over in a few.
I got up and walked into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and saw that I didn't take all the eyeliner off and it was smeared on my face, my ponytail was messed up, and I looked like shit. I made a face at myself.
I stripped and walked into the shower, letting my hair down so I could wash it. While I was rinsing my hair, I saw red water fall from my head.
"Shit" I thought out loud. The red streaks on my hair were finally fading off. "Note to self: tell Matt I need to re-dye my hair"
I walked out of the shower and got dressed with red skinnies and a Motley Crue shirt. I wore my old black converse and a shit load of bracelets and wristbands. I quickly applied make up and walked downstairs, where the guys were waiting.

"What about breakfast?" Jimmy asked, pouting.
"We'll buy something later" Matt said and grabbed the keys, making the rest groan.
"We'll starve!" Zacky exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.
"Matty, please, feed us" Jimmy tried again.
"Yeah, dude!" Brian said, grabbing his shoulders.
"Shads you can't do this to us!" Johnny said waving his arms in desperation.
"Not even Samm is complaining, guys. Come on!" We all walked to Matt's SUV.

When we arrived Office Depot; after 20 minutes of grown men complaining about how hungry they were, and a quick stop to McDonald's; Matt grabbed a list of stuff we needed.
"Ok, so we need-"
"Pencils!" Jimmy screamed, cutting Matt off.
"Yeah..." Matt said.
"Jimmy, let's go for a cart" I said grabbing his arm.

(Matt's P.O.V)

Jimmy and Samm came back...And my daughter was in the cart.
"Uh... we need space for utensils" Brian said, looking at Jimmy.
"Don't worry, there's still space" Samm said grinning.
I smiled and rolled my eyes "okay, guys, we need to get some stuff, so focus!"
As soon as I said that Jimmy started running all over the place with Samm in the cart, grabbing everything he could.
"I told you not to buy him coffee" Johnny said, patting my shoulder.
"Yeah, bad idea" Brian said.
"MATT!" I heard Jimmy's scream from the other side of the place. "MAAAAAAATT! HURRY!"
Being the good parent I am, I instantly worry and start freaking out, thinking Jimmy just killed the cart with my daughter in it.

The four of us start running to the other side of the shop; I could tell they thought the same thing I did. When we get to the hall we bump into Jimmy who was running towards us.
"sorry Matt!" he said, with a worried expression. Suddenly all of our faces fall. "I couldn't stop her"
"Jimmy what happe-"
"There you are, Jimmy!" Samm says, walking up to us, with a smile on her face. I see how Brian's, Zacky's and Johnny's head cock to a side.
"Samm... what happened?"
"Jimmy freaked cause I want to buy this" she said holding an MCR school bag.
"Yeah, she doesn't want to buy the one with the deathbat!" Jimmy said pouting.
"That's it!?" Brian asks "I almost get a fucking heart attack, and that's it!?"
"What?" Samm asks confused.
"We thought something happened to you!" Johnny said.
"but everything's okay... relax guys" Zacky said, placing his hand on Jimmy's shoulder.
"sorry" Jimmy and Samm said in unison.
"It's okay, just don't fucking scare us like that" I say, taking the cart.

After buying all her stuff, the guys were hungry again, so I had to take them to Pizza Hut for them to shut up.
When we walked into the restaurant, Samm approached me and pulled me aside.
"Thanks" she said.
"It's nothing, just your school shit"
"No, I mean... thank you for worrying about me"
"you're very welcome." I said, making her smile. "I love you, Samm"
"I love you too, Matt"

"I love you too" four words that changed my entire existence. Four words that clicked in my brain, and made me, finally, realize how much I've always loved her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, what do you think?
Sorry again for the delay, but my computer is still dying...

Leave a comment, my beautiful readers! you know I love you, right?

6661-xox
Chemical Kisses~