Status: Active

Love is Merely Madness

Chapter 9

A lot had happened that week. To make it short:
On Wednesday Val hadtold me reminded me of the daughter we had when we were sixteen, on Thursday she told me it would be nice if we heard of her, n Friday she begged me to check if she had some sort of myspace or facebook, on Saturday she made me search for her files and papers (addresses included), on Sunday I was getting on a plane headed to Florida, and finally on Monday I was sitting in an high school office waiting for my daughter (which I had never met before).

The grade coordinator, Jenipher, made me explain the whole situation and, a bit shocked I might add, she told me she would go get Samm... my daughter, who was sixteen. I suddenly felt old. Sixteen years ago I was giving this baby away, situation which,strangely made me feel guilty.
I was sitting there, nerves killing me slowly, when a teenage girl comes inside the office. A slim, very pale girl, with big brown eyes, spider bites and brown hair with red streaks.
She stood there with her mouth slightly open.

We talked a bit, I met her friends, her best friend's mom, and honestly; things were better than I thought they would be.
I really thought there were going to be tears and screaming, I'm glad there was none of that.

When the girls went to the main room to grab their school bags so we could leave, (yeah, I punished myself to take a bunch of teenage girls to the mall) I decided to call Jimmy, who was extremely anxious about it, like the rest of the band.

"hello?" he answered.
"Jimmy?"
"Matt! tell me tell me!!" he screamed into my ear.
"well, I won't describe her on the phone... and I'm taking her to the mall with her friends"
"awww dude, it's so weird! you're a daddy" he said cheerfully.
"haha yeah, I guess I am"- The thought of being a father overwhelmed me. I was responsible for that kid's life and for all the stupid decisions she would make. I even wondered if I'd be good enough.
"don't worry" he said.
"huh?" I questioned.
"you'll be a great daddy" He replied, always knowing what goes through my mind.
"Thanks, Jimmy." I said with a smirk on my face. "well, gotta go. Girls are coming" I said jokingly.
"ok, can't wait to see you guys!" he said and hung up. I sighed "god, I hope I don't screw this up" I said under my breath.

"ok, we're ready, Matt" Samm said smiling at her friends. She had Val's beautiful smile, I smiled at that thought. I knew how excited Val was for this kid, and well I can't lie, I was pretty excited myself.

"ok, let's get all your sh-stuff in the car" I said, remembering what Val had told me about swearing in front of the kid.

*flashback*
"oh, and Matt?" Val said on the way to the car.
"yeah?" I said getting all the luggage in.
"remember, no swearing in front of her. She'll think it's ok... and it's not" Val said with a serious expression on her face.
"ok, don't worry" I said kissing her cheek.
*end flashback*

We walked to the parking lot where I had left the car, a rented black Escalade that looked like Brian's car, but wasn't even close to the beauty of my S.U.V.
The girls got all their bags in the car and hopped in. I had a Megadeth album playing, so I was about to take it out, so the girls wouldn't be bothered; but as soon as I turned the ignition and "99 Ways to Die" started, Samm started singing it at the top of her lungs.

"DOWN ANOTHER GLASS OF COURAGE, AND A SHOT OF THORAZINE! WE'RE NOT READY TO SEE YOU YET. 99 WAYS TO DIE!!!" She screamed while the other girls laughed, seconds later they were all laughing. I didn't understand it, well, I never expected to. They're teen girls... and I'll never understand women in general!

Anyway, we got to the mall, and as soon as we stepped in, groups of people approached asking for pictures and autographs. I turned around and the girls weren't there.
"great" I said to myself, but then I turned to see a group of boys sitting with them at a table nearby.
They were all pretty tall, except of one, and they were all decently built.

Then the thought hit me. 'Is Samm in a relationship? God, I didn't think of that! What if one of those guys is her boyfriend... would she tell me? Would she trust me?
♠ ♠ ♠
here it is ^^
I updated sooner, cause... I had nothing else to do.
Hope you liked it :D

You know what I would really really like? COMMENTS! yes, comments... from all you silent readers too ^^

xox-