Who We'll Be

Fairy Tale

Everything was bright.

We were still sitting at the beach, looking at each other. The glittery waves whispered, while my heart thumped louder than ever. I felt a bit cold. The stars were unusually luminescent, too.

But Sky’s eyes outshone them all.

After a moment, a hint of worry showed in them.

“I-I’m...I’m not asking for you to accept—“

“What are you talking about?!” I said, glowering at him and hardly containing myself.

I smiled.

“I love you, too.”

This time, I was the one who pulled him closer for a kiss. It was all-over-the-place-ish, because of my nerves, perhaps, but I liked it anyways.

Sky was still holding my face with his hands, and I could clearly see the astonishment in his eyes. “R-really...?”

I nodded, and held both of his hands on my face.

“Wait...you’re not kidding this time, right?”

Sky chuckled. It was music to my ears, a chime always meant to make me feel better.

“I’m not kidding about this. I never did,” he said, removing his hands from my face.

He pulled me closer, closed his eyes, and started raining my lips with kisses. I closed my eyes and laughed, too.

“You don’t know how much I’ve always wanted to do that,” Sky said, smiling, cradling my head.

I noticed the lollipop beside me then. I had dropped it while we were kissing. I picked it up, played with the little ribbon on the stick.

“But to be honest...whenever I see this, it kind if reminds me of Ro—“

“But its not for her, Symmery,” Sky said sternly. “I never said it was for her.”

I looked at him, confused.

“Then for who—“

“Open this,” he said while he reached out his hand.

I looked at him, wholly puzzled, because at first I thought he was talking about opening his hand, or something. I just stared at it, until I realized that he was talking about the studded bracelet.

I never really got a good idea about what it was, and I had kept on telling myself not to open it whenever I had the chance, because I respect his privacy and all that best friend stuff.

I obediently did what he said.

And my mouth opened with so much surprise.

I took the little pink ribbon from his bracelet.

That ribbon and the ribbon from the lollipop were the same.

And that ribbon was clearly from the first lollipop he gave to me.

Wait...

...I remember him telling me that it was from someone he wanted to marry...

...OH MY GOD.


“For you Symmery,” he said. “It had always been for you.”

He smiled.

“It had always been you.”

The words that he said did not make any sense at all.

“But you—“

“Well…” He looked down, and his cheeks turned cherry-colored. “I’ve always kind of liked you back then...and I wanted to know you...so I decided to...you know...do something about it. I-I bought that thing for you, and then I saw you fighting with those guys...and I didn’t have the guts to tell you about it...so... “

“Oh.”

Oh.

I never would’ve guessed that.

Really.

Sky just smiled his heart-stopping smile, and held my hand.

“It’s getting dark. Let’s go home,” he said.

And let me tell you, it was the happiest day of my life.

So far.

***

Weeks passed, and my life was like, pure heaven. Sky and I were officially a couple now, and everything felt more than perfect. The girls at my school were also glaring their eyes out whenever Sky would kiss me, or hold my hand, and more cheesy stuff he does. Though this time, I didn't care; I would just let their jealousy eat them on their own. Rowena and I were also talking more than usual now, if only a bit. I don’t see her as a threat or a rival anymore, unlike before, I see her as a total...um...witch. And Eric and I became really good friends than before, making me realize that there are no hard feelings between us at all.

So yeah. My life is so good right now.

Like a typical fairy tale ending, the girl gets the prince, and they’ll live happily ever after…

…I hope so.

***

My eyes opened and gazed at the pale-colored ceiling of my bedroom.

It was really silent, and the calmness made me want to not get up yet.

I turned around and embraced Sky tighter than the way he’s hugging me right now, and stared at him with my eyes half-opened.

He had his gorgeous blue eyes closed, and he was breathing steadily, with his lips looking dangerously tempting as ever.

Holy jellyfish...why does he have to look so delicious and handsome up-close...? I mean he—

My heart suddenly made a somersault out of astonishment, letting the scene sink in.

It was just so crazy, and it made no sense...at all.

Okay…wait….

...wait...

...wait just a darn minute...

...wait wait wait...

...WHY IS SKY SLEEPING IN MY BEDROOM?!?

...and why do I feel his hands around me?!

...why is he hugging me this tight?!

Oh my God...

...don’t tell me we...

...DID WE...?


I swiftly removed the covers.

I need to see if I still had some clothes on.

To my disappointment—OOPS, I MEANT RELIEF...we both still had our clothes on, and they look like they’ve never even moved.

I’m still wearing my pink pajamas, the one with the Hello Kitty print on it. It was really thin, the kind of thin that you could actually see my underwear underneath, which I thought when I bought it was okay, because the pajamas was really cute and nobody else would see me wear it anyways.

Until now.

At first I thought I was only dreaming, as usual, but I realized I wasn’t.

It just felt so real.

“Sky, wake up!” I shouted, shaking him into consciousness.

He gradually opened his eyes, and smiled at me.

“Good morning. Did you sleep well?”

I looked at him, still confused.

“Yeah...what are you doing here?”

He replied with a baffled expression.

“Nothing...I just missed my baby”—he caressed my cheeks—“so I stopped by, but Mrs. Belle said your still asleep, so she let me in your room to wake you up...” he casually said as he yawned.

Ever since I knew Sky, my mom kept on teasing me about him, like about me liking him and she said she ‘approved’ because she really likes him. Now that we were a couple, she said she really likes him...

As a son.

...In-law.

With her grand-kids.

So letting him in my room must’ve been no big deal to her.

Sky looked at me.

“But then I saw you sleeping peacefully...well, not really, you were snoring a bit...and your cuteness was overwhelming me...so I hugged you...until I fell asleep, too.”

After his explanation, he pecked me on the lips, but I pushed him away.

He blinked as he fell on the pillows, completely startled.

I looked down to our feet on the end of the bed.

“I still have my morning breath, okay?! Don’t kiss me when I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet...” I admitted, turning ruby-red.

Sky’s startled expression was dissipated by his laughter.

“I’d still kiss you even if you have the foulest breath in the world, so no worries,” he said, kissing me one more time.

I laughed, rolling my eyes as I stood up from the bed. “Are you a martyr or something? I’ll just take a bath...”

“Nice pajamas, by the way,” he remarked, holding me by the waist, smirking. "Looks good on you."

I felt a bit self-conscious then, because I just noticed that my hair was standing in every direction as I looked at the mirror. I pushed him back to the bed. “Shut up. It doesn't. Ugh, why did you have to come here? I look horrible.”

“You shut up. Looking that pretty in the morning, you've got to be kidding me,” Sky said.

Okay, it was very much a lie, but I blushed at that anyway.

“Um...it’s Saturday...what do you want to do today?” I asked, walking towards the bathroom door.

“I don’t know...” he said, and his mischievous smirk never faded. “How about we go to my house and do something…”
♠ ♠ ♠
"Can you feel this magic in the air? It must've been the way you kissed me..."
~ Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift


unedited...-_-
haha i missed this...
subscribe, comment, criticize, love~!!! :)
don't plagiarize or steal the story. screw copycats. seriously. :P
okay, thanks, see ya laturr :)