Who We'll Be

Jealous

“So where do you wanna go today?” Eric asked as he held me by the waist, walking at the parking lot towards his car.

Classes had just ended, and we decided to go somewhere together to relax after Eric’s tiring basketball practice.

“I dunno…maybe we should eat first? I’m starving…”

Eric smiled at me.

“Okay.”

It was then that Sky walked close by us, and seeming to be headed towards the school gates.

As he passed, my mind replayed everything he said yesterday, about how had hugged me so tight like he doesn’t want to let go…how he had asked me to forgive him, and how he told me that he’s moving back to Jersey soon…

I impulsively put my hand on my chest as my heart started to ache.

I’m losing my time with him.

“Hi, Sky,” I greeted as I made a quick wave. I guess it’s okay since we’re friends now, and I had already told Eric about what happened yesterday—though I didn’t tell him about the hugging-and-me-liking-it part—and especially because I don’t want to let a day pass by without talking to him.

“Hey.” He just nodded to me and Eric, and I could tell he was looking at my waist, cuddled by Eric’s hand. Oh God, I wish he’s jealous right now…

My eyes followed him as he continued walking, until suddenly…

…he was attacked.

By Lauren’s strangling embrace.

“Babe, I’ve been waiting for you!” she sang out.

I saw him look at her questioningly. “Why?”

“Our date, remember?” Lauren let go of Sky, and her happy mood drastically changed when she spotted me and Eric.

She started scrutinizing me from head to toe…

…and to my utmost surprise, she smiled.

“So…are you guys going on a date too?” she asked happily. Sky rolled his eyes.

I blinked at her a few times. “I guess we are…”

“Oh, cool.”

Suddenly, her eyes lit up as she smiled even wider.

“Hey, I have an idea! How about we all go together?”

The three of us looked at each other, and then at her.

Lauren just continued to beam. “You know, a double date.”

“Shut up, Lauren,” Sky ordered. Lauren just ignored and rolled her eyes at him.

“No, it’s fine,” I said bravely.

So she thinks I wouldn’t be able to handle it?

Sky looked at me sternly. “Symmery, really, you don’t need to—“

“No, its okay.”

Eric didn’t speak a word and was just biting his lip in the past minutes, and he had just nodded his head in agreement.

“Good then! Let’s go!” Lauren said, flashing her pretty smile.

Minutes passed, and we were at Eric’s car when we decided to eat some pizza at the restaurant we just passed by.

I forced myself to relax.

We’re just going to eat pizza together. What could go wrong?

* * *

“That even looks more disgusting than what I ordered,” Sky laughed as he pointed at the exotic toppings of the pizza Lauren was eating.

She smiled at him.

“But this one’s more delicious. Give it a try?”

“Hell, no.”

“Oh c’mon. You’ll never know what you’re missing unless you try this one.”

“You’ll never know how less I care.”

“Try it. Or do you still want me to feed you?”

“No.”

“Open up then.”

“No!”

“Say ‘ahh’…”

“Hey, hey—hey…! Lauren! Yuck! It tastes even more disgusting than it looks, especially with your saliva already mixed with it!”

The restaurant was packed with people, and Eric and I were silently sitting next to each other, watching Sky and Lauren who were sitting opposite to us, arguing about exotic pizza toppings.

It was a bit awkward for me and Eric, because we couldn’t speak much at the moment for some reason.

I quietly drink my smoothie.

I really, really hate to admit it, but if I had to say the truth…

…I was a tiny bit jealous of Lauren.

Okay, I’m not a tiny bit jealous at all.

I am DYING out of so much jealousy.

I know it’s illegal, because of the fact that I already have a boyfriend and all…but I can’t help myself. I want to be the one to fight and share my pizza with exotic toppings with him. Heck, I want to be the one with him…oh shrimp.

I am such a bad girlfriend!

But I seriously couldn’t help it! And Eric said I will forget about him in time!

But watching them right now, it just made me remember the stuff we used to do….

My heart started aching again.

I mean, I just really miss those moments where him and I would argue and fight over silly things, and laugh at everything like we were high.

I really miss those days.

I really miss Sky.

And if he was right in front of me and I already miss him, what more pain would I feel if he moves back to Jersey?

* * *

The sun had already fallen asleep when Eric drove me home—he had already dropped Sky and Lauren next door.

The night breeze on my front porch seemed to grow extremely cold as the night continued to fall deeper, so I decided I should go inside my house before it could completely freeze me to death.

“Goodnight,” I said.

He smiled.

“Yeah, okay.”

He leaned down and kissed me goodnight, like what we usually do…

And I was so consumed with my thoughts, that it took me a minute to realize that I was kissing Eric a little too assertively.

I decided to open my eyes for awhile, but when I was about to slowly close them…

…I noticed something in my peripheral vision.

Sky.

But I’m not imagining about him this time.

He was at his front porch, staring at us while we were kissing fervently…

…and was looking so hurt, that it almost made me fall to my knees with so much misery.
♠ ♠ ♠
"You hide behind those perfect smiles...it won't fool me...'cause you already did."
~Will You Ever Learn by Typecast


i guess you just better have to stay tuned to see how this'll go...
subscribe? review? thank you times forever :)