Who We'll Be

Pathetic

+Sky's POV+

"I hate you."

That was her last words as my last view of the tears in her eyes completely broke my heart, when she stormed out of my sight.

Good.

Hate me.

Hate me so much.

Hate me until you won't care anymore.

I deserve it.


I covered my face with my hands as she disappeared, and my mind started recalling what happened a few months ago, about everything that lead us to this...

* * *

"But that girl obviously loves you very much," my father said we stood in my living room, facing each other.

"But I don't!" I yelled.

Eff this.

This plan of his is seriously retarded.

"You should. You should also understand that Lauren's parents own one of the biggest companies here. And when you get married, you will earn a place—"

"I don't give a damn about that! I'm...I'm in love with someone else, dad. I promised her..."

His wrinkled eyes suddenly turned serious.

"I am not kidding about this, son. I'm telling you all this for your own good," he said.

I looked at him sternly.

"I'm not kidding either."

"You should also understand that we are bankrupt, Sky. I lost my job, and I have three kids to feed, including you. In a short time, I will not be able to give you financial support anymore. It’s our only hope."

"No!" I shouted.

"Marry her. And life will be better for all of us."

"Not for me!"

"You always do this! You always let me and your mother down...”

I clenched my fist.

"And what do you mean by that...?"

He put his hands on his face, as if our conversation made him tired. And the next words he said started attacking me hard on the chest.

"I'm just asking you this for your own good, son...it's our only option at the moment. Marry her. But you’ll probably won’t…because you never followed what we tell you. You never knew how your behavior had bothered your mother and I…”

Silence followed.

But that tiny moment of quietness made me realize…

…how pathetic of a son I am.

I never followed their orders…

I always rebel about the rules they gave to me…

…I never showed my love for them.

Especially for my mother…

…and it’s too late now.

I breathed out, and said, "So you want me to marry her? Fine. I will."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I did NOT just say that.

My dad gave me a smile of approval....

...a smile I've been waiting for all my life.

"I'm counting on you, son. Don't let me down."

* * *

My father wants me to marry a woman I don't love. All for money.

But I don't want to let him down.

I don't want to break his trust in me. If I do, I'll surely lose him...

...and he's the only family I have.

But I don't want to lose Symmery either. She's the only reason I'm still breathing. She's my only reason to live.

Still, I'll live in regret if I lose my dad. My only family.

She's right.

I'm nothing but lies.

I'm nothing...

...I'm too worthless.

I was thinking about all this...when my phone suddenly rang.

I looked at the screen.

Lauren.

I hesitantly clicked the answer button.

"Sky? We need to talk. I want to tell you something."
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHA TOO SHORT :)
if ur about the three kids thing, it's Sky's half bro and sis from his dad but with his other wife. i wrote that on chap 23, i think.
I AM STILL EDITING CUZ OF THE LACK OF DETAILS :)
subs, comms, thanks :DDDD