Who We'll Be

Reminder

It's only my fifth day here, and I can't believe I'd know many people already.

Ian, some cute guy I met at the bar I went to a few days ago, had called me to hang out and stuff, and he had introduced me to some of his friends.

Right now we're going to his house after he had let me tour around the city—my parents were sight seeing by themselves at the moment, so I had agreed to come with him, since I got nothing else to do at the hotel—and were now at his car with his friends.

I was just innocently staring at the white stuff filling the sidewalk—the snow had stopped falling, but I think it'll start falling again at any moment—and looking at the people walking on the street...

...when I noticed two people coming out of a familiar house we just passed by.

I rolled down the car window a bit so that they wouldn't see me.

"Can you...um...stop the car for a second please?" I said.

"Huh? Why?" Ian asked, but he still stopped the car on the other side anyways.

I stared at Sky and Lauren as they walked towards a nice looking car.

Sky wasn't wearing any coat—even if the temperature went up a bit, it's still cold—but instead, he was wearing...

...a tuxedo.

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Sky looks so SO hot. Despite the temperature.


Actually, I've already imagined Sky wearing a tuxedo several times before, but seeing him right now, I realized that he was far more than what I had imagined. He just looked so good in it.

But why is he wearing that?

Is today...?

No, it can't be.

Lauren's with her. The bride's not supposed to show up yet...

...maybe they're planning some pre-wedding celebration?


I was thinking about all this...

...when I saw Lauren held his hand. Aw, that was so sweet I could die.

But Sky didn't look happy or anything. He kind of look like he was going to puke. Maybe he's sick?

"Is that...your ex?" Ian suddenly asked, looking at me, then at Sky and Lauren. I accidentally told Ian about the reason I came here, when we were drunk a few days ago.

He must've realized that it was Sky because of the expression on my features.

Megan, Ian's friend who was sitting in the backseat, suddenly giggled.

"Oh my God...that's your ex?! Wow...you didn't say he's that...sizzling. Mmm..." she said, laughing.

"Whoa...the chick is hot," Tyler, a boy also sitting in the backseat, commented as he looked at Lauren.

I just realized how good Lauren looked too. She was wearing an elegant green dress designed with some diamonds. She literally looked like a princess.

"You don't know her? Her family's rich as fudge, dude," Connor, another one of Ian's friends remarked.

* * *

Ian's friends had already left after eating inside the house, and I got nothing else to do, so I was left with Ian, sitting on his front porch, watching him build a snowman in front of his house.

"Snowball fight!" Ian suddenly screamed.

Without any warning, he threw a snowball at me...

...and I got hit in the face.

I wiped my face with my pink-and-black striped scarf and glared at him.

"Big mistake, dude."

I ran outside his porch, grabbed a huge pile of snow...

...and successfully threw it back to his face.

I laughed.

"Don't mess with the pro," Ian boasted, and tried to hit me with snowballs, and being the awesome dodger I was, he kept failing.

We were laughing so hard in the past hour, firing snowballs at each other, and everything was going well...

...when I got hit in the face again.

But this time, I didn't throw a snowball back.

I suddenly sat in the middle of the white stuff...

...and started crying.

Ian ran and sat beside me.

"What's wrong?! Did I hit too hard? I’m sorry!"

"No..." I sobbed.

"Then why..."

I tried wiping my tears over and over, but they kept falling. Stupid, stupid tears.

"H-he maybe getting married at this very moment..."

"Oh," Ian said, realizing what I meant.

"No...Maybe they're already married right now," I said, but I was talking to myself. "And they're going somewhere really far away..."

Ian wiped my tears.

"So you're just gonna sit here and whine about it?" he said.

"Like I could do something about it..."

He held my hand.

I smiled at him.

And he smiled back.

And, due to our careless human instinct...

...we started kissing.

I know it's really wrong, because we just met a few days ago, but there's something about him...

...Ian understands me.

And to kiss him was what my mind said to do.

I should forget about him.

I should forget about Sky.

I should learn to have some pride for myself.

Because maybe hoping isn't worth it.

Our love wasn't able to wait.

And I should leave everything behind, because everything that happened, the memory, our broken promises and friendship...

...they were just reminders...

...about the love we'll never have again.

About what we never had.

And as Ian kissed me...

...it made me realize...

...time will come when I'll find my true love...

...and that Sky and I were just not meant for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already wrote the next chap :)
imma add some parts and post it later.
SUBSCRIBE? COMMENT? GOT CONFUSED, OR SOME COMPLAINTS, HUH, PUNK? tell me xD