Who We'll Be

Follow

+Sky's POV+

Lauren told me to prepare my stupid self and shop for some formal clothes for some kind of stupid family gathering for our stupid engagement. Which was really stupid.

And today was that stupid day.

And I had to wear a stupid tuxedo.

Stupid.

But it's not like I look stupid or anything. In fact, I think I look really handsome today. It's just that I feel so stupid right now. I don't want this.

I don't want to announce my undying love for Lauren in front of rich people and my dad when I don't even have that undying love for her.

I don't want her.

I want my Symmery.

* * *

"I can't do this, Lauren."

We were now standing in front of the mansion after getting out of the nice black car. Lauren’s got a driver, and it sped away until it was out sight, leaving us alone, facing the ginormous house the gathering will be held. The snow had started falling, and we were about to go inside, when I had stopped.

She glared at me.

"Of course, you could,” she said, and grabbed my hand.

"Let me go."

"No."

I looked her in the eyes, and said, "Do you really want to marry a person who doesn't even love you?"

And at last, it made her shut up.

I kind of felt bad saying it to her face, but I need to tell all this now.

"You're a wonderful person, Lauren. You deserve someone who'd be willing to give all his love for you," I said. "But I'm not that person, Lauren. I don't deserve you."

And, for some reason, it felt good saying that. It’s true, after all.

Lauren wrapped her arms around me…

…and started crying.

"You do..." she wept.

I held her hands, and gazed truthfully in her pretty brown eyes.

"No, I don't. You won't be happy with me. I can't make you happy when I don't have any love to give you."

And with that, she gave me a scowl.

She still won’t let go…

We were silent for some minutes, and the frown on her delicate face still won't disappear...

"What will I tell them?" she suddenly asked.

I looked at her, surprised…

…and smiled.

"Just tell them it won't happen. That you change your mind and rejected me. That way...my dad can't argue about me not marrying you, because you chose not to."

"Okay..."

I gave her my one last hug, and started walking away.

"Sky, wait..."

"Yeah?"

She smiled.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

She smiled wider.

"For making me realize my worth."

I kissed her forehead before I said goodbye.

"Thank you too. For everything you did, and for letting me...for letting me follow my heart."

* * *

I was running in my stupid tuxedo while the snow was pouring down on me, when I finally decided to call Symmery.

I clicked her numbers in my contacts, and she finally decided to answer after the longest minute of my life.

"What do you want?" she said harshly, but her voice still had that angelic sound.

My first instinct was to tell her my undying love, but it didn’t seem right to say it on the phone at the moment.

I want to say it while gazing at her beautiful eyes.

"Let' talk, Symmery. Where's the hotel you're staying at?"

"Why the hell would I tell you?"

"Fine. I know you won't go to my place, so let's just meet at the plaza."

"I won't come. Me and my parents will leave Jersey tomorrow afternoon. I'm preparing my stuff."

"I'll wait for you. Even if I have to wait all night—no, even if I have to wait forever, Symmery. I'm not lying about this."

"Oh yeah? Got some evidence you're not lying? 'Cause I'm a witness of all the lies you said."

"Um...none. But I know I'm telling the truth.”

"I. Won't. Come."

"Okay, I'll go to the plaza right now. I'll be waiting for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
should i let sym come? :o