Who We'll Be

Roller Coaster

"Let me...go!" I yelled, trying to tear away from his really tight hold, while people were staring at us like they're watching some kind of dramatic scene from a movie.

"Symmery, please...let me explain..."

"No! I'm sick of hearing your lies!"

"But I'm not lying this time! I swear, I'll never lie to you again."

"Of course you won't, 'cause I won't let you anymore!"

Sky's tight grasp was smothering me as he tried to explain as fast and clearly as he could.

"Just listen! My dad asked me to marry Lauren because he needed money...and I was blinded by my guilt for not being a good son to him, so I agreed, you know...to make it up to him...and then you came here...and yes, I lied about everything I said about not loving you anymore...because I still do. I really do. I don't love Lauren. I love you. And I'll never get tired of that. That's why I'm here."

"That's the stupidest lie you've—"

He spun me around to face him.

"Listen to me!"

And, to my embarrassment...

...he knelt in front of me without letting go of my hand, and screamed, "I love you, Symmery! And I'm sorry! Please forgive me!"

My hands tried to pull him to stand up, and I could feel my shocked cheeks turning redder than a newly-bloomed rose, while he was kneeling in front of me, with the artificial lights of the fountain gleaming behind him like northern lights, making the sight of him blindingly beautiful.

"Idiot! Get up!"

Sky continued shouting, and people started crowding over us, looking all 'awww' at Sky, and some even began shouting 'forgive him!' and let me tell you, it was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me. EVER.

I mean, who wouldn't be?! Having a tuxedo-ed boy kneel down for you in the middle of a crowded city and scream out his love for you, that's so embarrassing!

But I have to admit, it was kind of sweet...

...but still embarrassing!

Without even analyzing my thoughts, and because of the crowd around us, I suddenly shouted, "Fine! I forgive you! You can stand up now!"

No! You can't just forgive him like that!

He hurt you, so very badly....

You sacrificed so many things already, Symmery.

You can stop now. You're not some superhero, okay?

You're just human.


Then again...

Sky's human, too.

He isn't perfect.

He could sometimes be a jerk, a flirt, a liar, a heart-breaker, conceited, stupid, naughty, impatient...

...and he makes mistakes too.

And it's not his fault...

...okay, it is. He's the or who really make those stupid choices.

But still, everything that could make me dislike him...

...those things that made him imperfect...

...just made me like him even more.

...I don't know....

Maybe it's because those things are what makes him. They're what make Sky him.

And besides, that's not all he is. He could also be loving, caring, cute, clever, funny, patient, trusth worthy...okay, he's not really that trustworthy before...and most of the time he's impatient...

Still, he's the most loving person I ever met.

Because, obviously...

...Sky loves me.

And I'd look like a total ass to not forgive him in front of a crowd like this.

The hell with myself, the hell with holding back, the hell with what anybody would think. I don't care if Sky had been an asshole in the past. I don't care if they say I'm too low for forgiving him so easily.

They don't know anything anyway.

They don't know what love is.

"Fine! I forgive you."

His eyes met mine.

"Really?! Thank you, thank you!"

Sky stood up, flung his arms around me tightly, and made my feet float off as he twirled me around and began storming kisses on my lips, almost making me completely give in. And people were still looking and some even clapped. Gosh. Can't they see we need some privacy here?!

It took me all my strength to pull him away, but his hands were still carrying me from the ground.

"Hey—hey! I only said I forgive you! I didn't say I'm your girlfriend again!"

Someone from the crowd booed.

"Okay... but we're best friends again, right?" Sky's face fell, but his eyes flickered hope in them.

My eyes glanced at the stars slowly fading as it twinkled the morning closer, then down at the snow glistening like white powder.

"Um..."

"Oh, come on!"

I chuckled.

"I'm kidding. Okay, we're best friends again."

Sky smiled charmingly, and the snow started to tenderly fall above our heads like it was raining feathers from the wings of angels.

"Let's go home before you die of so much cold," I finally said.

"Okay."

He put me down as he held my hand, and started dragging me towards the other way, leading me to the opposite direction.

"Hey! Where are you taking me?! I'm not going home at your house!"

He grinned at me.

"Yes, you are. I need someone to take care of me tonight. I think I'm sick."

"You're not!"

He looked at me sternly.

"I think I am. I've been here for hours, and I had to endure the cold...but I still waited and stayed here for you, because I love you very much. And now you're just going to leave me sick at my house all alone...and let me think I won't make it tomorrow...? I don't think I'll even get through the night..."

I held his face and looked at him compassionately, but I was being sarcastic.

"That's really sad...but still no."

"Why?! You want me to die?!"

"It's almost 1 AM! I need to go back to the hotel or my parents will kill me...and I'll die too!"

"Tell them you had to take care of me because I'm really sick. I think they'll understand."

"Oh okay...so all I need to tell them when I get home is that I took care of my ex-boyfriend who'd been lying to me because he's sick and they'll understand?"

"Yes, they will. Your parents love me."

I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, please? Just for tonight..."

"No."

He pretended to sneeze and cough, obviously trying to gain my sympathy.

When he realized that it didn't work, he lowered his head towards me, and started batting his eyelashes and showing that puppy-dog eyes of his.

DAMN, HE'S SO IRRESISTABLE AND CUTE WHEN HE DOES THAT.

But it didn't work too.

Okay, it almost did....

But it still didn't work.

"Pretty please? With vanilla-icing sprinkled with marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles and gummy bears on top?"

"No. What would I do at your house anyways?"

He smiled.

"Take care of me. Best friends do that, right?"

* * *

I called my parents and told them I wouldn't be able to come home, and guess what they said?

'Uhh...okay...' my mom had yawned.

'Uhh...okay...'?! They didn't even asked why I won't be able to come home! Oh well, maybe they're just too tired after roaming around New Jersey.

I'm at Sky's house now, and this was the first time I saw the inside of his home. It was bright and comfortable, completed with rooms and the kitchen and the radiant fireplace in his living room, that was now filled with the tendrils of it’s flames, keeping the temperature a bit humid for us to survive the night--though I think it's daybreak by now.

We were just silently sitting at his sofa, drinking hot chocolate he prepared, and everything was all cool and calm...

...until I noticed him taking his jacket and shirt off.

I nearly coughed out the hot chocolate from my mouth out of surprise.

Okay, maybe he was just planning to go to his room and change clothes any minute now...

But Sky didn't move from where he sat. He had this stupid naughty smile on his face as he continued to leisurely drink his hot chocolate and put it back on the table.

Then he looked at me.

I just bit my lip, and tried to take a slurp of my own hot chocolate as calmly as I could.

As quietly, and calmly as I could.

But my heart was racing faster and faster as moments passed, and I was screaming in my head, with my stomach churning like crazy, like I was riding on a roller coaster.

Oh and wanna know what my mind was screaming?

Oh, okay...

HOLY MOTHER-FLIPPING MOTHERS OF ALL MOTHERS OF FREAKING KOALAS STOP STOP PLEASE STOP SEDUCING LIKE THAT OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO KEEP MYSELF FROM TAKING YOU DOWN AND START LOVING YOU LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW SERIOUSLY AHHHHHH OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHH...

And when I thought my mind’s piercing screams wasn’t loud enough...

...he moved even closer...

...and lowered his head for his lips to caress mine.

But we're just friends right now, and what he's planning to do was just illegal, so I pushed him hard on his bare shoulder.

"Put some clothes on!" I yelled at him.

He smirked.

"Why?"

Your overwhelming hotness is tempting me.

"I-it's cold!"

He laughed and moved closer until I could feel his breath gently soothing my face. He slowly began tracing the outline of my mouth with his fingertips, and said, "That's why I'll need your love to keep me warm tonight..."
♠ ♠ ♠
review? should i change sumthing? is this getting too cliche? subscribe? review? :( it wouldn't hurt lol :3 thank you XD

and i think the next chap's going to be last chapter...
? :)