Status: COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT :D

Handful Of Moments

A Handful Of Moments;

Alex woke up thinking it was too eerily quiet for his house. Even though it's summer at 10:30 in the morning, it was still too quiet for this chaotic house. Some kind of TV is going on or someone would forget to turn off the sink, but it was just Alex and the silent house. Alex stomped up the stairs to go see what his brother was doing. When he reached his door he found an envelope with his name on it taped to the door. He ripped it off and read the note: Dear Big Al, Please do NOT open the door. Just don't. Call someone over and open the door. Do not open the door for your own sake. Remember I always love you no matter what. Love, Daniel. Alex laughed thinking it was another sick joke from his brother.

Alex chuckled as he opened the door, "Bro, what is up with this?"

There was no witty, sarcastic, or even an insulting response. Alex looked up and found his brothers dead, limp body hung in his closet lightly swaying.

Alex's mouth opened-


Alex shot up screaming bloody murder. Tears were streaming down his cheeks as he kept screaming. He grabbed the sides of his head trying to stop his shrilling, but nothing could work.

Alex went to his window and up onto his roof. He was hoping that Jojo would be there. His heartbeat was still racing from his dream. He looked to the left and saw no one. Alex sighed as his tears kept going down his cheeks. For some odd reason Josie had this effect on him. Just her presence can make him feel calm. Alex looked down and found the ladder, that Jojo used just two days ago, laying on the ground.

Alex crept back into his house. He tip-toed his way through the house to the back door. He grabbed the ladder and set gently against the roof's edge as he climbed up. Alex peeked into her window, slightly smiling at a peaceful sleeping girl. Alex tapped his fist against the window repetitively.

Josie slowly opened her window, "Alex?" Her eyes were slightly closed as her voice croaked.

"I-I-I I need you, Jojo," he stuttered. She moved out of his way so he can go in.

Josie gripped his hand and led him to her bed. Alex followed her lead as she made room for him. He laid down and Josie motioned him to come closer. Alex hesitated as he put his head on her chest. Jose stroked his hair soothingly as she hummed. His eyes felt heaving by the minute and soon he was back into a slumber.

---

Alex woke up with a small, dirty blond girl in his arms. It was a Saturday morning and yesterday was his first official day of school. He hated it. The people, who he called friends last year, were whispering about him. Probably about how much he looked like a mess, his hand subconsciously rubbed his chin that was covered in stubble. That's what set off his dream last night, he thinks. Alex came here to get away from his nightmare, his reality.

He felt movement in his arms as Josie stirred awake. She opened her baby blue eyes as a tired, weak smile appeared.

"Morning," Alex smiled. She nodded back. "Do you think your dad is home?" She shook her head and got up from her bed.

"Breakfast?" She opened the door waiting for him. Alex shot up from the bed and ran past here, making her giggle.

---

Alex sat at the counter watching her make eggs, pancakes,and toast. Alex just realized that she probably does this everyday for her and her dad. In a way, he felt bad that she has to do what a mother does.

"What happened last night?" Josie asked as she handed him a plate.

Alex shook his head, "Just had a really, really bad nightmare. It was too much for me to take in."

Josie nodded as she sat by him taking a bite out of her toast.

They ate the rest of their breakfast with small talk and a few jokes here and there. Then Alex's phone rang and so did Josie's.

Before he answered his phone, "Nice ring tone, Jojo," he smirked as they both answered.

Josie got a text as Alex talked on the phone with his mother.

Simultaneously they both shouted, "WHAT?" Then looked at each other with a frantic look.

Alex hung up, "We're going to therapy tonight," he sighed.

"I don't need that shit. They're just going to tell us what we're doing is normal and blah. They went to college to point out the obvious." She ranted as her knuckles turned white from gripping the phone.

"Well I'm going home to clean up. I'll see you at therapy, Jojo," he hugged her good-bye.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the next chapter is going to be their therapy session.
Any predictions about what's gonna go down there?
Sorry it took me forever to update but my laptop got a virus on it.
So I'm using my dad's, which he barely lets me on.
So I would love OODLES on comments on this :)