Status: completed

21 Steps to Get the Wrong Guy

Step 9

Christian and I walked slowly behind the group as we left the fair. We held hands and I held my big bear under my other arm.

Cam was going to carry it for me but Christian said I looked more adorable with it. Plus, he wanted to show off that he won something for me.

"This was actually pretty fun," Christian admitted.

"Yea, I had fun today," I agreed.

"When Cam tried to get me to come here, I wanted to kill him. I did not want to be stuck at a fair with another guy around a whole bunch of kids and parents questioning my sexuality," Christian joked.

I laughed. "Well if that's what you expected then this was way better," I commented with a smile.

He nodded. "We should come here again before it shuts down," he offered.

I nodded. "That would be great," I said just as we made it to my car. I unlocked the doors with the button on my keys and Cam opened the doors for Lilly and Heather.

"Should I get your number so we can talk and schedule another day to come here?" he asked.

I grinned and nodded. He gave his phone to me and I typed in my number. His phone was easy to work and I was able to add myself as a contact.

I handed his phone back to him with a smile. "Well I'll be sure to call you then," he promised as he closed his phone and put it back into his jean pocket.

"Okay well I guess I'll see you soon then, bye," I said as I started walking backwards towards my car.

He waved goodbye with a slight smile. I turned around and almost collided with Cam.

I rolled my eyes. "Out of my way loser," I told him with more harshness than I meant to.

He smirked at me. "That wasn't very nice, but do you know what is?" he asked, slightly raising his eyebrow.

"What?" I asked him, suddenly uneasy.

"The way your eyes shine brighter than the sun," he replied with added cheesiness in his tone. I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

I shook my head and lightly hit his arm. "Keep practicing, that one was terrible," I advised him and then got in my car. He had the door open for me and everything.

"See ya Em," Cam said as he closed my door and went to walk off with Christian.

I started my car and drove out of the parking lot. We were out of the slight traffic around the fair until anyone said anything.

"So what happened with you and Christian?" Lilly asked, sounding genuinely interested.

I bit my lip. "We kissed on the wheel," I replied with a smile slowly spreading across my face.

"As much as I hate that guy's guts, that's a really romantic move," Heather muttered in agreement.

I laughed. "He asked for my number," I added for no reason.

"Did you give it to him?" Lilly asked, being the slow blond she is.

Heather kicked her seat. "Of course she gave it to him. Heck, if he asked for her virginity she would give it to him," Heather said.

"I wouldn't go that far," I defended myself.

I looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see Heather roll her eyes at my comment. Then her phone started going off. She grabbed it and looked at it strangely. "Random number," she murmured to herself before answering.

"Hello?.... oh hi," she put her hand over her phone and leaned towards me and Lilly. "It's Tony, the guy I fell on," she whispered to us before going back to her conversation.

I smiled wickedly before looking over at Lilly. She was thinking the same thing.

"Oh yes," I moaned and Lilly let out a load moan too right after me.

"Pass the weed," Lilly said in a deep voice.

"Faster," I yelled.

"Excuse me Tony, one moment please," Heather said in her business tone.

She put her phone on mute this time and leaned towards us again. "Shut the hell up or I swear I will kill both of you," she threatened with a low and menacing voice.

Lilly and I laughed. "Sorry, my friends think it's funny to act completely stupid when I'm on the phone," she told him and I had to laugh again. She still had that business voice.

Moments later, when we were on the freeway, Heather finally hung up. "I have a date and oddly enough he doesn't live that far from me," she said.

"I'm glad for you," I replied with a smile.

"I'll slit your throat," Heather sneered.

My eyes bugged out. "I was being sincere and nice, gosh," I pouted.

Heather was quiet for a bit and then sighed. "Well in that case, I take it back and thank you for being happy for me," she conceded.

"And I'm happy for both of you," Lilly added.

"Really? I'm more worried for Em," Heather admitted.

My eyebrows furrowed together. "Why is that?" I questioned.

I thought she was finally warming up to Christian. He was acting nice all day. There is officially no reason not to like him. What is her reasoning for not liking him now?

"I still can't get over that trip Em. If you saw it from my point of view you would see how deliberate it looked. I don't see why he would be so nice now," Heather explained.

I shrugged. There was no way to get around that with Heather. Her mind was stuck on that while everyone else has forgotten it already. Heck, it was my epic fail and I forgot about it already.

"Heather, would you just put that in the past. I've forgotten about it, Christian's forgotten about it, Cam's forgotten about it, Lilly better have forgotten about it. No one else dares to think about it but you," I told her.

"I still think there's something wrong," Heather muttered under her breath as she looked out of her window with a look of thought upon her face.

She really refused to let this go.
♠ ♠ ♠
summer plans are getting serious
hopefully I can finish this story before I go to Florida
if not, it'll only be two weeks