Status: completed

21 Steps to Get the Wrong Guy

Step 13

After I had to kiss a few more guys and even a couple of girls, I started to get tired. By the way, none of them were drunk enough to kiss like Christian did.

"Can we go home now?" I asked Christian.

His eyebrows knitted together. "You want to leave now?" he slurred.

I nodded and he sighed. "Can you just get me one more beer from the kitchen please?" he asked with a puppy dog face. At first I wasn't falling for it but it was really adorable so I laughed and nodded.

I left the room and squeezed my way through tons of people. "Emily, what are you doing here?" someone called. I turned around to see Brett standing in front of me.

I smiled and hugged him. "Me? What are you doing here?" I asked him, taking the attention away from me.

He shrugged. "Some guy invited me and I'd have to be a fool to turn him down," Brett said with a wink. If I haven't already explained this, Brett is gay.

Bisexual actually but he would pick a guy over a girl any day. I don't understand why they call bisexuals confused. They aren't the confused one, their friends are.

It's so difficult to keep up with what Brett likes. One week he'll be hunting a girl, the next week he'll be dropping hints to a guy. It's absolutely confusing! But I love him anyways.

"Well, enjoy your night then," I told him before turning back around and heading to the kitchen. I grabbed a beer from the fridge and found a bottle opener to open it up. I turned around to find Christian in the kitchen with me.

"Thanks babe," he said before taking the beer out of my hand. I smiled at him but didn't say a thing.

It's quiet while he takes a few more gulps. "So, are you having fun?" he asked me with a smile on his face.

I shrugged. "I want to go home," I announced without hesitation.

Christian pouted. "We have one more game to play and then we can leave, okay?" he said.

I pouted and my gaze fell to the floor. He hooked his finger under my chin, tilting my head up to look him in the face. He gave me a small kiss on the lips and then smiled at me again. "Just one more game and then we can go," he promised.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine," I said with a smile. He laughed and grabbed my hand to take me to the same room with the pool table.

"K, time for seven minutes in heaven. Rules are simple, the bottle will land on a couple and that couple has to go into the room for seven minutes, doing whatever they want. We were going to play with writing your number on a piece of paper and picking it out of a hat but we couldn't find paper and some people are committed to their significant others," the guy said the last part with a bit of bitterness.

I laughed gently at his tone. Christian and I got back on the table and watched the game. The seven minutes were intensely boring so most people just started making out right there. I didn't want to take the chance of slobber all over my face so I just snuggled up to Christian.

The couple came out just like all the others; ruffled hair, wrinkled clothes, and a few pieces of clothing in their hands. I rolled my eyes at their 'just had sex' look. At first I found it kind of funny but now it's getting old.

Oh and this game wasn't being played with a closet. It was a bedroom. Who wants to have sex in a bed that like six other couples were on. Can you say STDs? 'Cause I sure can.

As my little rant goes on in my head, the bottle slows down and lands on Christian and I. I turn to look at him. "We don't need seven minutes, do we?" I asked.

"You're right. We can do it in five," he joked as everyone burst into laughter. I giggled a little too as he got off the table and then picked me up bridal style and took me into the room.

He set me down and then started kissing me as his hands groped over my body. I laughed slightly and pushed him back. "What are you doing?" I asked with a smile. Did he really expect it to go down in here?

He shrugged. "Just thought you wanted me as much as I wanted you," he said in a lost boy voice with a pout that could get him practically anything.

We stood there awkwardly for a bit until he kissed me. It was a lot less sloppy and I didn't feel like I was kissing a dog. I felt like I was kissing the hottest guy of my dreams.

I didn't realize I was inching back until I fell on the bed. I laughed as he landed on top of me. He started kissing my neck and it felt good until he started to plunge lower.

"Uh Christian, I'm not ready," I said before closing my eyes and biting my lip. I didn't want to see his expression.

"It's fine babe, you can trust me," he said as he kept kissing and groping me.

I pushed him up and looked at him. He stopped to look at me. "I said, I'm not ready. I haven't known you long enough and although I've been dreaming about this for practically ever, I just don't think tonight's the night," I announced.

He smiled and kissed me again. "You're scared, it's fine. I have a condom," he argued just before moving back onto my neck and nipping my soft spot.

I moaned slightly and he kept at that spot as his fingers pushed up my shirt. I was completely lost in how good it felt but wanted it to stop.

You know that feeling you get when you really want a cookie but you know your mom will be absolutely pissed if you ate just one. That's how this felt right now but the cookie was practically leaping at me and I just didn't want to fight it anymore.

I heard sharp knocks on the door and instantly jumped back into reality. Christian had my shirt lying on the floor and my pants were unzipped and unbuttoned. What kind of euphoric state was I in?

"Go away, time's not up yet," Christian yelled and went back to kissing me.

The door swung open and Brett stood there, looking like someone's dad. I quickly pushed Christian off of me and fixed my clothes.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Brett shouted.

"Nothing," I answered as calmly as I could.

"Not anymore," Christian replied with slight bitterness.

"Hey man, you're ruining the game," a guy shouted from the pool table.

Brett turned around and then punched the guy in the face. "This isn't a game," he yelled at the guy who was cradling his face.

"Why don't you just leave so I can finish what I started," Christian said.

That's when it hit me. Like a 18-wheeler flying down the freeway. He didn't like me. He didn't want to be with me. He didn't even care for me.

This idiot just wanted sex.

We've only been talking for about two weeks and this guy was already coaxing me out of my pants. What the hell is wrong with him?

What the hell is wrong with me? How could I be so naive to think his sweet talking didn't come from numerous amounts of practicing. I should have known.

You know what, I did know. I knew this party was a bad idea, I knew I didn't feel sparks and I knew that something was up with the Cam photos!

Why didn't I admit it to myself though?

"Come on Emily, we're leaving now," Brett commanded.

I stood up and Christian grabbed my hand. "Our seven minutes isn't over yet," Christian reminded me.

I snatched my hand out of his. "You can spend the next five minutes jacking off," I snapped at him before leaving with Brett.

"He pulled a pretty low move back there," Brett claimed as we got into his car.

"Yea," I replied, looking out of my window.

Brett started laughing. I hit his arm and glared at him.

"What's funny? Because I don't see anything funny about this situation," I yelled.

"Could you imagine the look on Heather's face when she hears this?" he said.

I had to admit, thinking of how pissed and crazy she'll get when hearing about this made me feel a little better. If Brett hadn't showed up I don't know what I would have done.

"How did you know where I was anyway?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I was talking to a guy and he started saying how seven minutes in heaven is a really sick game. Then he started talking about the redheads that just went in and I realized that there is no one else with your fiery red hair.

"I mean there are more redheads at the party but he would have said dyed redhead. We had that conversation too about dying hair but the girls always somehow forget the roots," Brett complained.

I laughed and hugged him. "Thanks Brett, you always have my back," I said.

"Of course hun," he whispered before kissing my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray! Brett's back
I love his character but I can never find a place for him in the story
This was good though in my opinion