Status: completed

21 Steps to Get the Wrong Guy

Wild Wedding

"What does it mean when you hold someone's sandwich together? Like you're their peanut butter and jelly," I asked Heather, Lilly, and Brett as I sat down, leaning my back against the tree trunk.

Everyone looked at each other completely confused. "Where did that question come from?" Lilly asked.

"Yea, totally random point if you ask me," Heather added.

Brett nodded in agreement. "Like that time when I came over to Lilly's house after you guys had a slumber party and stayed up all night. Emily answered the door and said 'Do they even deliver pizza this early? Are you expecting me to pay before I can even see the pizza?' Obviously Em was tired out of her mind and you guys kept her up," Brett reminded us.

"She was the one that brought up the idea of staying up all night and then tried to chicken out," Heather assured him.

Lilly nodded in agreement. "We weren't even thinking about pulling an all-nighter but once we past the 4am mark it was kind of pointless to give up then," Lilly said.

Then they rambled on about more crazy and creative things I've said in the past and completely disregarded my question. I came to them for help and now they have completely forgot what I asked. Freaking lovely.

I can't go to Cam. I'm still mad at him and he probably wants me to ask him what it means. He probably wants me to start talking to him and it won't work.

I have only a few months before I'm out of this hell hole and away from both of those guys. I'll be off to UCLA hopefully if something goes horribly right.

Since my friends were going to be no help and I would probably never speak to Cam again, I gave up on the riddle. He couldn't possibly be warning me of anything else.

My life is void of him and Christian so there is no other reason for him to be warning me of something.

The rest of the day passed by smoothly and I left right after school, only stopping to say bye to my friends.

"Is everything okay?" Lilly asked in a concerned motherly tone.

I smiled and nodded. "I just have some work I have to do. If I have time maybe I'll meet you at Heather's," I offered.

She nodded but didn't look completely convinced.

I walked over to my car and just as I opened the door someone grabbed my waist and turned me around. Anger fueled inside of me as I came face to face with Christian. Cam, I can handle. I mean it was screwed up not to tell me I was apart of a bet but it also wasn't his bet to talk about.

Christian on the other hand, could have stopped this whole thing from happening by just turning down the bet. I think that's what frustrates me the most.

Although the way he was looking at me now almost made me break my facade. I mean this is a guy I crushed on forever. Since I saw him I knew I liked him and have been like that for the past three years.

And he actually looked sorry.

Whether it was just another bet or not, he actually looked sorry. His blue eyes looked down at me with the prettiest hue, reminding me of the sky. His red hair was combed down and looking perfect as always.

It looked so perfect I just wanted to dig my fingers through it and mess it up. He looked good with perfect hair but even hotter when I messed it up after a makeout session.

Gosh I have to stop thinking about him like this. He played my heart for a bet!

I was about to ask what did he want but I just couldn't speak to him. The hatred that I felt and the slight love I had for his eyes and hair right now were colliding and my mind was refusing to touch him but my heart really wanted to play with his hair.

And yes I have a weird hair obsession. I love guys with great hair. Sue me!

"Aren't you going to ask what do I want?" Christian asked me.

I just stared up at him with all the anger I could muster up. I refused to speak another word to this hot bastard.

"Maybe shout at me or tell me how wrong the bet was?" he offered.

I turned back around and tried to open my car again but he pushed it closed and leaned against it. I sighed and went to the other side of the car.

He watched me curiously as I jumped into my passenger seat. He must have thought I was offering him to drive my car so he opened the driver's door but I closed it again as I jumped over the middle and got in the driver's seat.

"Can we please talk? I know what I did was wrong and I realize now that it was stupid and selfish," Christian yelled from outside of my car as I turned on my engine.

I looked at him and he looked a little hopeful so I gave him a smile. He returned it with a look of relief. Then I flicked him off and drove away.

I know I'm being extremely childish right now but until graduation, I don't think it's necessary for me to act any other way.

When I got home, my mom was sitting in the living room with the Hunters. They got married a month ago and that was a really beautiful and memorable wedding.

Pam's family was crazy and drunk at the reception. Her brothers threw her uncle into the pyramid of wine glasses. One of her nephews tried to hit on me which was funny because he's like thirteen.

Then her brother tried to flirt with me which was nice because he was twenty and really interesting to talk to.

Max's family couldn't get any worse. His mom got really drunk and started making out with his brother's wife. His dad came out of the bathroom without his pants.

And his sister practically had sex with her boyfriend on the dance floor. It didn't help much that she was in a really short dress and she was grinding on her boyfriend as if she was trying to rub something off her dress.

Then his brother was talking to my mom and spilled his drink down the front of her dress and said that it looked like a much better place to drink from.

Overall, it couldn't have been a funnier wedding. And the theme was Vegas which made everything that much better knowing that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

"Pam, Max, how are you guys?" I greeted as I went over to hug them.

"Just fine. Everyone in the family agreed that we would only say our wedding was magical and the reception was definitely a night to remember," Pam said with a laugh.

"I honestly didn't know my parents could get that embarrassing," Max claimed with shame as he tried to hide a smile.

"That was the greatest wedding ever," I announced and we all laughed. "Favorite part by far was when Max's brother spilled the drink on my mom," I reminded them.

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," Pam and Max told me at the same time.

"Are you kidding? That's a wedding I'll tell your kids about and your grandkids and maybe their kids," I teased.

Pam and Max had a mixture of a frown and a smile on their face as if they were embarrassed of their families but couldn't deny how funny it had been.

"Pam's brother wanted to see you again. He's out back," my mom told me.

I smiled and walked to the backyard. Maybe an older man is just what I need. Someone who doesn't place bets and ruin lives. Someone with some maturity.

I pushed open the sliding glass door and Pam's brother, Jack, turned to look at me. "Hey Jack," I greeted him as I went to put my feet in the pool like he was doing.

"Hey girly, how's high school?" he teased me. I groaned and put my head on his shoulder as he laughed. "That bad huh?"

I looked at him and nodded. "Please tell me you weren't a jerk in high school," I pleaded.

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulders. "Aw whatever happened can't be that bad," he told me.

"You mean like having your heart played with because the guy wanted to win twenty bucks if he took your virginity?" I asked him sarcastically.

"What? Seriously?" he asked and I nodded. "Did he..." he trailed off.

I laughed at his sincere concern and shook my head. "No, I came to my senses and his friend told me about the bet," I told him.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Good, because it's my job to pop your cherry," he teased.

I pushed him away and we both laughed. Sure, Jack is really cute but I don't see him like that.

He's sweet and very flirty but we're better friends. We can actually hold decent conversations and he really listens to what I say and I do the same for him.

And that's how I can tell he doesn't just want sex like the average college guys.

If a guy will listen to you, ask sincere questions, give his two cents, and share stories with you, he definitely isn't just looking for sex. And I couldn't even picture myself like that with Jack.

I've seen him talk to other girls before and I know he's a womanizer but with me he's like a big brother. Sometimes a perverted big brother. Maybe we'll go with big stepbrother. Yea, that's less creepy.

Anyways, for the next few hours, Jack and I sat with our legs in the pool. He told me about his latest troubles with girls and I told him the whole story with Christian. I also explained Cam and Jack explained the sandwich thing to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been pretty busy and couldn't really think of what to write for this chapter

Oh and I probably won't be replying to your comments. Don't take it personally, I'm just getting really lazy and half the time I feel like I'm cluttering your page