Status: completed

21 Steps to Get the Wrong Guy

Party ideas

I got home completely wiped out. We danced and partied for hours. We had to leave at 11 though so everyone could get home on time.

Lilly and Gavin took forever to say their goodbyes but in the end we left in time to get home before curfew.

I had to drive everyone home and I was absolutely knackered and just wanted to sleep once I finally got to my house. I almost left my keys in my car. I didn't realize they were still in there until I tried to get into my house.

It's a good thing I forgot to lock my car. I can't believe I was that tired. It would be horrible if I got locked out of my car. My mom told me a few days ago that she lost the spare key for my car so if I lock my keys in there then I'm screwed until someone can come and crank it open.

Once I was in my house, I might have slept for a bit while leaning against the door. I woke with a start though and realized I needed to get to bed.

My mom saw me as she came down the stairs. "Wow, you look sleepy. How was your night?" she said in a cheery voice.

It's ridiculous how my mom could always be so cheery and upbeat.

"Good, night," I told her as I closed my eyes and sleepily made my way up the stairs.

"Oh wait," she called to me.

I turned around and opened my eyes slightly, enough to see her and let her know I was listening. I can't remember the last time I was this tired. Gosh I feel horrible.

"I've met a new guy today. He's absolutely gorgeous and I know you'll love him. I have a date with him Monday," my mom cheered.

I pretended to be so excited for her as I jumped up and down on the stairs and clapped my hands together. That took the last of my energy so I stopped quickly and closed my eyes.

"Well if I still have to think of bachelorette party ideas tomorrow then you need to let me get to sleep right now please," I said before turning back around and going up the rest of the stairs.

I got in the shower, might have fell asleep in there for a little bit. And then I got in bed and went straight to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up in the morning and checked the time on my phone. I slept a full ten hours from midnight 'til ten. I felt so good too when I woke up.

I was even up for five minutes before my mom rushed into my room. "Hun, we're leaving soon so get dressed and get ready to go. They'll be here in the next half hour," she told me quickly.

I jumped out of my bed and sailed across my room to my closet. I hurriedly picked out something to wear and got dressed as I stumbled towards my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before quickly combing through my hair.

"And done," I yelled as I ran down the steps.

"Impressive, fifteen minutes," my mom congratulated as she lightly clapped. I laughed and we watched some TV as we waited for the bride to get there.

When our doorbell rang, my mom checked the time on her watch. "A half hour late, this can prove to be a troublesome wedding," my mom muttered to me as she stood up to open the door.

My mom was one of those people that really cared about first impressions. She was usually right too.

Her first impression of the person was always dead on. If they didn't come early to the first meeting, they were late to every meeting and the wedding started later than said time.

If they are too nervous when they meet her, most likely one of them will get cold feet and want to back out of the wedding, resulting in calling all the bridesmaids or groomsmen into the room and asking for their encouragement.

Once a bride actually ditched the wedding. She left the dress and everything with a note that simply said "Sorry".

The groom was so heart broken but his friend promised to take him out to the bar that night. Last I heard, the groom found a girl that night and he's thinking about marrying her soon. Yea, he moves on fast obviously.

"Welcome," my mom greeted to the two women standing on the other side of the door frame.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, we couldn't find the house," she made up an excuse.

My mom smiled and shook her head as she opened the door wider. "Don't worry about it," she said but I knew my mom thought differently.

She didn't like when people were late. My mom made a schedule for every day and followed it to the letter. She didn't like being late for anything and therefore was mostly early.

It was a good thing she gave us a few hours at our place before we went to see venues. She knows not to have such a tight schedule when she's dealing with other people.

We left the house about a half hour later after I introduced myself to the bride's daughter. Her name is Annie and she's pretty funny. She was a little older than me, maybe around Jack's age.

While we were in the car we talked about how male strippers were a must. She said that her mom would be extremely disappointed if she didn't get them and I laughed. Of course every bachelorette party needed male strippers.

When we got to our first venue my mom and hers walked about. We sat in the audience seats and chatted about the food selection for the party.

"We have to have strawberries and a chocolate fountain. Oh and whipped cream," she claimed with a smile.

I laughed. This girl was so wild and funny. I wish we could be friends.

"Why the whipped cream?" I asked. I knew I was going to get a dirty answer but I still wanted to ask.

She smirked. "To sprayed on the stripper's nipples and lick it off," she replied with a laugh.

I laughed too and shook my head. This girl was crazy! But she did come up with good ideas, I have to admit.

"My friend said he would love for that to happen to him. One of the weirdest conversations I've had with a guy when we were standing right next to a bottle of whipped cream," I told her and she laughed.

"Did you do it?" she asked.

I shook my head. "No, he tried begging me but I was like 'Jack I won't suck your man boobs'," I told her with a laugh.

She smiled. "I know a Jack like that too. What's his last name?" she asked.

I shrugged and thought about it. "Uh Jack Green, my mom hosted his sister's wedding a few months ago. It was the craziest wedding ever. I can't tell you about it though because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," I joked.

She laughed lightly. "Jack Green? I think I was supposed to go to that wedding. We dated for a few months and then one of his jealous friends told him I cheated on him," she said with a little anger.

"Really? You dated Jack? He's so overly flirty," I stated.

She nodded and smiled. "That's what I liked about him," she replied with a slight dazed look as if remembering time spent with him.

I gave her a moment to reminisce about him before clearing my throat and snapping her back into reality. "'Kay so strawberries, chocolate fountain, whipped cream, and male strippers. Anything else?" I asked with a smile.

She laughed. "Tons more. We have to hit up this store I know. It sells a bunch of lewd things and they have an aisle dedicated to bachelorette party games," she announced with a wicked gleam in her eye.

"We'll have to schedule another day to meet then," I claimed.

She nodded. "Maybe next weekend I can pick you up and we can go buy the things we need," she offered.

"That sounds pretty good. Just let my mom know the date and time. She's the one that likes to schedule stuff. I'm more of a go with the flow person," I replied.

She rolled her eyes and pouted. "I wish my mom could stick to schedules. She always has to be late for everything. It's a horrible trait that I'm lucky I didn't catch," she confessed.

I laughed. "Well let's hope she isn't late for her own wedding," I joked and we both laughed.

I wonder what was going through Jack's mind when he thought she cheated on him. She seems so genuine and fun. I don't think she could ever do that and I've only known her for a day.

I'll have to make things right between them somehow. I can see Annie still has feelings for him and Jack hasn't had any girlfriends since I've known him so maybe he's holding on to her too.

I sure hope so.