Status: completed

21 Steps to Get the Wrong Guy

Step 19

"That was a great movie," Cam said as the end credits rolled on the screen.

"I wouldn't know, someone ruined my excitement and replaced it with anger before it could even start," I retorted as I scowled at him. I managed to keep Lilly and Heather from saying anything until the movie was over but now they wanted answers.

"I have to know Em, it's going to kill me if I don't know how this happened in my kitchen," Lilly cried.

"I told you there should be cameras in your house," Heater teased Lilly. Cam laughed, finding all this hysterical while I still felt like choking him. An hour and a half later and I still feel as angry as I did when he first told them we were making out in the kitchen.

I don't even know how that started. All of my common sense must have been gone if I thought for one second that I wanted to kiss Cam.

"Tell us," Lilly whined as she tugged on my shoulder.

"I'll tell if you get him to leave. He's pissing me off," I demanded as I pointed to Cam. He laughed again and stood up.

Lilly and Heather started saying goodbye to him and ushering him out the door. "I really have to go?" he asked.

"Yes," they both shouted.

"Girl talk," Heather yelled after she slammed the door on his face.

After that, they attacked me with questions but I refused to answer still. "Guys, can we just get to sleep?" I pleaded as I headed to Lilly's room.

Her parents bought a bunk bed for Heather and I to sleep on when we spend the night. It's comfy and I think it was nice of them to do it.

"I can't sleep. I must know how this happened!" Heather shouted as she followed me.

"Nothing happened. Cam made it up. I would never kiss him," I muttered as the three of us walked into Lilly's room.

"Lies," Lilly yelled as she flopped down on her bed. She grabbed her pillow and placed underneath her chin as she lied on her stomach and watched me with curious eyes.

Heather sat down on the bottom bunk which is usually my bed because I'm afraid of falling off the top. However, I think tonight I'll have to deal with it. I have a feeling she won't move until I tell them something.

"Tell us," Heather demanded.

I shook my head and started climbing into the top bunk. I didn't notice how tired I was but as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep. All I remember hearing is Heather and Lilly bickering about if I was ever going to tell them.

The next morning, I was the first to wake up. I got in the shower and dressed before either one of them woke up.

Heather is not a morning person and Lilly just doesn't talk until she gets out of her house. It's like part of her routine. So I didn't have to worry about any one trying to talk to me about last night.

They got ready as I made a lovely breakfast of pancakes and bacon. Then I dished out plates for them as they came down the stairs.

"So delicious," Heather mumbled as she ate.

Minutes later, all of us were out the door and heading to school. I dreaded every stoplight that brought us closer to that dreadful place.

I remember when I used to love going to school to catch a glimpse of Christian. That feels like light-years ago but I guess it was only a few weeks.

Once we arrived at school, Brett came jogging towards us. "You didn't," he yelled at me.

My confusion showed on my face. "What are you talking about?" I asked him as I closed the car door and waited for Lilly to walk over to the passenger side.

"Heather told me about last night. I can't believe I missed it," Brett said quickly.

I groaned and started walking away from them. I'll never hear the end of this.

"Hey," I heard as an arm swooped around my waist right after the bell rang. I turned to see Cam walking beside me.

Now it's the easiest thing to get rid of an arm around your shoulder. You simply grab the person's hand and duck as you pull it forward.

When someone's arm is around your waist, it's a more awkward situation. I grabbed his hand and tried to throw it off my waist but he just snaked it back around and kept walking casually beside me.

"Cam, go away," I muttered.

"Come on, just give me a chance and I'll let go," he pleaded.

"Giving you a chance is allowing you to do things like this. I'm not falling for it," I replied as I pushed his arm again and walked a little faster.

Cam chuckled and caught up to me once again. "How about a date?" Cam asked. I shook my head no. "Why not?"

"Because my last date ended in disaster. I just don't want to date anyone right now," I told him.

He was quiet for a minute while we walked. "But I'm different," he said as he turned me to press me against a wall so I had to listen to what he was saying. "I won't hurt you and I'd never take you to a stupid party as a first date," he explained.

The way he said it was like sweet honey and as smooth as silk. I felt like putty in his hands and couldn't think of much while his electric blue eyes penetrated my soul.

"Okay," I whispered.

"Yea?" he asked with a little smile.

"Yea, just one date," I agreed and his smile grew bigger as he pulled me off the wall and we started walking to class again.

When we got in class, he sat down first and I sat in the seat in front of him. The moment I sat down, I realized he did it again! He tricked me into getting what he wants.

"Stop doing that," I told him.

"Doing what?" he questioned as he moved slightly closer to me.

"Jedi mind tricking me. It's annoying," I complained.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he replied as he gave me a goofy smile and sat back in his seat.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes in disbelief. "And I'm Santa Claus," I huffed.

"Pleased to meet you," Cam teased.