Status: completed

21 Steps to Get the Wrong Guy

Step 3

"Never heard that one before," Cam chuckled as he caught up with me.

I rolled my eyes. "Fascinating," I muttered.

"Then again, I never met a girl that actually likes cheesy jokes," he informed.

"Cheesy jokes are the best. The cheesier the better," I announced, forgetting for a second that I was mad at this guy.

He totally ruined my moment with Christian. I'm sure at some point Christian would've felt bad and helped me out. I just hope Lilly and Heather didn't see my fall.

And I really hope Heather didn't see who was helping me. She would never let me forget it. I would have to put up with yet another round of her constant rambling about how mean and cruel Christian is.

I think most of that stuff is just rumors. And most guys are only mean to keep up with appearances. I bet inside somewhere, he's genuinely a good person. I can bring that out of him I'm sure.

"I'm good with cheesy jokes," Cam said, breaking me out of yet another daydream about Christian.

"Really?" I asked sounding skeptical.

"Yea, check this. Did you have lucky charms for breakfast? Because you look magically delicious," he joked.

"Haven't heard that one. It's good," I said unfazed though I really kind of liked it.

He obviously didn't pick up on my uninterested tone. Wouldn't most people just leave already? They'd realize by my body language and tone of voice that they weren't wanted. This guy really doesn't listen to his senses or maybe he doesn't have any.

"So you haven't told me your name," he tried to discreetly ask me.

"And I'm not going to," I replied as I sped up.

Stupid guys and their long legs. He caught up to me with ease as he casually walked beside me.

"Why not? I told you mine, you made a pun out of it. Don't I get the same courtesy?" he asked.

I shook my head and sped up again. At this point I was one speed away from jogging down the hallway. Cam, however, still walked cool as ever beside me.

"Well can I at least know what your next class is?" he asked.

"Why do you care?" I asked exasperated. What could he want to know for? I accidentally trip and drop my books and now I suddenly have a stalker?

Cam shrugged. "Just making small talk," he said.

The minute bell rang and luckily I was just a few feet away from my class.

"Well stop talking and get to your own class," I countered.

He laughed. "My class is actually right here," he claimed as we stopped in front of my class.

"No way," I muttered.

"What?" he asked as he opened the door.

I walked in to the class. "It's my class too," I sighed. I went to sit in my normal seat as I heard tons of people saying hi to Cam. Why haven't I ever noticed him before?

Cam passed by all the people calling his name and greeting him and sat behind me. At first I was a little aggravated, then I realized he could be sitting there because he wants to talk to someone else around him.

Man was that wishful thinking or what?

"If I could rearrange the alphabet I'd put U and I together," Cam tried another joke on me.

I laughed quietly and shook my head. "Overused but funny," I whispered to him as the last bell rang and class started.

This is officially the worst class to have with someone you know. Especially a guy.

The class?

Sex Ed