Wish

Stargazing

Pinpricks of stars shown across the dark tapestry of the night sky. A red-head and a blonde were laying down in strands of green, their arms behind their heads serving as makeshift pillows.

Their eyes searched the night sky for constellations, a comfortable silence between them. They had come to this hill to stargaze, and spend time with one another. The night was perfect for stargazing; not a cloud in sight. The pair picked a spot far enough from the city and civilization to where they could see the stars clear and bright.

The red-head's eyes widened as he spotted the most common constellation, and he turned to the blonde, tapping his shoulder lightly. "Hey Roxas," he said, his voice loud in the quiet night. The blonde turned to him, his attention earned. The red-head looked up into the night sky, pointing at the constellation he spotted. "Found the Big Dipper."

Roxas' blue eyes crinkled in amusement. "And there's the Little Dipper right next to it." He laughed quietly. "You would find the most known constellation, Axel."

Axel hit him on the shoulder, his brow furrowed. "What's that supposed to mean?" His green eyes narrowed, slightly glaring at the man beside him.

"It means, Axel, that you are too lazy to look for the more complicated ones or too uncreative to make up your own," Roxas drawled, rolling his eyes at Axel.

The red-head's eyebrows shot up, his expression skeptical. "I am not lazy or uncreative, Roxas. Even you should know that." He smiled knowingly, his eyes glowing in triumph when he saw the blush on his companion's cheeks.

Roxas looked at him, shocked that he would bring up such a subject out in the wilderness. "Well in t-that way you aren't," Roxas defended himself, the implications clear. "But you are just plain lazy when all you spot up in the sky is The Big Dipper."

Axel scoffed. "I have been looking," he said, his irises traveling the length of the sky. His gaze turned back to the blonde. "It's just there are so many stars, and some constellations are only visible during a certain month. The Big Dipper is easier to spot since those stars shine brighter, and plus the Northern star is one of the seven points." He seemed proud to know this information, his mouth turned upward into a small smirk of triumph.

"Actually," Roxas said, gazing up at the constellation of conversation, "the Northern star is part of the Little Dipper, Axel. Not the Big Dipper." The smirk on Axel's face quickly turned into a frown of disappointment. He was sure he had that right. He was wrong.

"Well look at you, Mr. I-know-more-than-Axel," the red-head said sourly, unhappy that the blonde knew more about the stars above them than he did. His tone changed to that of curiosity when he asked, "Where did you learn so much about the Big and Little Dippers?"

Roxas shrugged, his eye contact breaking from Axel's as he looked at the ground. "I looked it up on the internet before we came out here. I knew we were stargazing, so I thought I'd look up some constellations and refresh my memory on ones I already knew," he explained, not wanting to look Axel in the eye for fear of blushing.

Axel caught on to Roxas' uncomfortable state and he smiled, his eyes softening slightly. "You wanted to impress me with your constellation prowess, didn't you?" he asked quietly, sitting up and turning his body to face his beloved.

Roxas answered, "Yeah." A nervous laugh followed it as he rubbed the back of his neck, finding the swaying grass fascinating.

"Roxas, look at me," Axel said softly. The blonde's head stayed put, his gaze on the grass so intense you thought he could make it grow. Axel sighed, and moved closer to Roxas, putting one hand on the blonde's shoulder, the other under his chin, tilting it upward ever so slightly so he could gaze into the sea of blue that was Roxas' eyes. "You don't need to impress me to get me to like you or think highly of you. I already do. I love you, Roxas. Nothing's ever going to change that."

Roxas smiled sheepishly, his eyes filled with love for the red-head. He leaned forward and gave Axel a small peck on the lips, lingering slightly before he pulled away. "I love you too, Axel," he murmured.

Axel beamed, pulling Roxas closer into a tight hug, their legs splayed this way and that from how they're sitting on the grass. After a minute or two Axel shifted his weight, getting up slightly and moving to sit behind Roxas, his legs lining up with Roxas' on either side. His arms wrapped around the smaller man, his head resting atop the blonde's as they looked to the sky.

The red-head saw a flash of light dance across the sky and heard the blonde gasp, indicating he saw it too. He glanced at the smaller one's face, Roxas closing his eyes immediately, making a wish. Axel smiled, his green eyes dancing with curiosity as to what the blonde's wishing for.

Roxas opened his eyes a few moments later, a calm smile set on his features. He locked eyes with the red-head, the calm demeanor spreading. "You probably want to know what I wished for right?" The red-head chuckled in response, nodding. "It's an unattainable wish, as time doesn't stop for anyone. I wished this night would last forever. I don't want it to go away."

Axel hugged Roxas tighter, gazing up at the stars, wishing too that the wish was granted. "I don't want it to go away either. But we can stay out here as long as we want," Axel suggested, hoping his boyfriend would agree.

Roxas smiled. "I'd like that. We could even see the sunrise," he said, his voice growing slightly ecstatic as he turned to look at Axel.

"Watching the sunrise with you? I wouldn't miss it for the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
Con/Crit would be amazing. <3