Status: Inactive (please see my profile)

Through All These Cities...

When My Back Is Turned

I step cautiously from the bus when we arrive at the venue for the next show, eyes narrowing as I spot Dan and Ali hanging around outside the loading dock, heads didn’t want to be the one to blame for it all.

“You ready for today, Amy?” Dan smirks, waving at me as I walk closer, “Watch your back.”

“Shaking in my boots, Hetherton.” I roll my eyes, walking into the venue to see if anyone feels like exploring Edinburgh while we’re here, “Oi, Edwardo, you feel like joining me on a trip to the castle?”

“Oh god, do I have to? We’ve been here at least four times before, and Teddy always drags me up there.” Ed stops walking towards where the venues shower is, flailing his arms in annoyance.

I laugh, “You know something? Yes you do have to cinclined as they whisper.
I wasn’t going to act until they did, because when someone got hurt, and I mean ‘when’ and not if, I ome along.” I drag him with me to find somebody else, “I haven’t seen much of you yet.”

“Can I at least change out of the clothes I slept in?”

“Ew, dude, haven’t you showered either?” I let his arm go, pushing him away, “I’m going to find someone else to force along, and you go get clean.”

“You’re bossy this morning.” He grumbles, rubbing at the spot where I’d been gripping. “Trying to avoid the wrath of Dan by any chance?”

“Maybe.” I squint at him, “Are you on their side too?”

“You’re paranoid, you idiot.” He shoves me, “Make sure you find someone else who is willing to come, otherwise, I won’t be. There is no way I’m spending all day with you, alone.”

“I’d be insulted, but I wanna hurry up and go be a tourist.” I skip away, managing to persuade Tyler and Alice to tag along too, because neither of them has ever been to Edinburgh either.

“Lexi!” I shout as I spot his head disappear through a door, only for his face to pop back into view moments after, “Come here.”

“What now, Amy?”

I gape at him, “You make me sound like some sort of annoying little sister!” I hit his shoulder, “I was only going to ask if you wanted to join a few of us on our adventure up to the castle.”

“First things first, if I did think of you as my little sister, I wouldn’t have kissed you like I did last night. That’s like incest.” He grins, bending down quickly to steal another kiss, “And, of course I will come to the castle with you.”

“Cool beans. Ed’s gone to shower, so be ready to go in about half an hour!” I call as I sprint away, pouncing on Tyler, laughing as he screams in surprise.

“Well, that wasn’t as exciting as I thought.” I complain as Alex lugs me around on his back, smiling as I accidently smudge the ice-cream we’re sharing onto his cheek, “Sorry.”

“I did tell you.” Ed laughs, pointing his Fab lolly at me before taking another massive bite out of it, making me cringe at the thought of how cold that will be on his teeth, “Where to now? We’ve got a few more spare hours until we have to sound check.”

I look back to Tyler and Alice who both shrug and go back to their conversation about a party their planning on our arrival back in York, apparently being held at my house.
They wish.

“Well, we’ve had lunch, and dessert.” I smirk letting Alex take a little of our ice-cream, “Is there anything else to do in Scotland?”

“Drink?” Tyler pipes up, and I immediately shake my head.

“Not for me. If I start now, who knows how much I’ll have consumed by tonight’s show.”

Alex squeezes my leg as if to say he’s proud and I smile at him as he turns his head to look at me as he speaks “How about we go back and play some Guitar Hero? Ladies choice.”

“Aerosmith!” Alice exclaims and we high five, making me lose balance and fall off Alex’s back, I thankfully land on my feet, even though they’re aching from the walk from the venue in my new shoes.

“You two, honestly. It’s like being friends with twelve year olds. I’m surprised you didn’t suggest Disney or something.”

“Is there a Disney guitar hero? Oh fuck, that would be so epic! Rocking out to like, uhm…” Alice bites her lip as she frowns in concentration, looking to me for help, but I’m trying to hard not to laugh at her.

“Alice, just leave it love.” I snort, immediately covering my face in embarrassment as Alex mocks me to the extent of doubling over in laughter, pointing at me, despite the fact we’re in the middle of Edinburgh high street, “Holy shit, your so childish sometimes.”

“Ok, little miss piggy.” Alex breaks out in another round of laughter, Ed biting his lip to stop himself when I glare.
“I tried avoid this kind of humiliation by escaping the Hetherton’s, now you lot are at it!” I flail my arms, “Can we just head back to the venue? I want a nap.”

The nap was definitely a mistake on my behalf.
While I slept, Dan, I’m guessing not only drew on my face with Sharpie, but the did the age old trick of ‘antiquing’. So not only did I end up with a face full of flour, but my bunk was covered in the stupid powder and seeing as we were living on a bus, there was no Hoover.

“Dan, you’re such a dumbass.” I groan, shaking my hair as Alex tries his hardest not to laugh at me again but attempts to wipe the white substance to the floor so we can at least sweep it up.

“Fucking hilarious though.” He’s still cracking up, and it only takes him to look up at my face again before he’s almost in tears.

“You’ll pay for it later, just watch.”

“Doesn’t make it any less funny though.” Teddy smirks, “Come on guys, we’ve got to sound check real quick, local radio station ran a competition and we’ve got a few people coming in to watch us. Alex, you too.”

Alex leaves a fleeting kiss to my lips as he rushes past and Brooke looks at my gobsmacked, as does Nathan, and I remember they didn’t spend the day with us, and are completely oblivious to the fact that Alex and I seem to now be, casually dating.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, again!
I know, I'm sorry.

Fill in on my life: Went to 'Minor (had the best night setting off party poppers for Ed :D), I've got a new job (in retail, nothing exciting)...
That's about it.
Work keeps me busy unfortunately :)

I'm trying to get this done, cos the sequel is something I'm looking forward too writing :D
Comments? <3