Status: Inactive (please see my profile)

Through All These Cities...

It Only Took One Taste Of Your Kiss

“I dread to even think how much I drank to get myself like that.” He shakes his head dejectedly, “I was on at least my twelfth cider by the time I started to think things over in-depth.”

“Jesus Christ almighty, Lexi! And you carried on drinking after that?”

He nods heavily, “A whole lot more.” He shifts in his seat slightly, sitting up a little more from his previously relaxed posture, “Now do you see why everyone worries? I was in Hospital damn near a month because they were trying to drill it into my head that alcohol isn’t the answer.”

“I don’t like Hospitals.” I mutter head down, as my hands pull on a loose thread handing from my shirt.

“Another reason to slow down on a night, then? The amount the band and my family suffered because of my sheer stupidity is unbelievable. My Dad’s a pretty tough person, but with the state I was in, he broke down.”

“My Grandma…” I even finish my sentence because it chokes me up just thinking about it.

“Even more incentive to stop drinking so much. I’m not asking you to stop altogether, but I don’t know what I’d do if I found you in the state I was in.”

“Step over me and let someone else discover the mess?” I laugh quietly to myself, looking up to meet his worried eyes.

“Don’t joke about, Amy. I know it’s strange that I’m talking like this, and trust me, I didn’t know I could be this much of a fucking pansy,” He chuckles, and the Alex that shines through is the one I watch on stage every night, “But, I just don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“Amy, are you actually coming, or what?!” Brooke screams up the stairs, making me jump and my hand slip so my eyeliner pencil hits me square in the eye.

“Shit! Yeah, I’ll be a minute!”

“Hurry your slow ass up, A.” Tyler joins in, “We don’t wanna hit the clubs when it’s gonna take us an hour to get in.”

“Let me get on then!” I holler back, rolling my eyes in mock frustration, even though they can’t see, “Gosh.”

Despite Alex and Tyler both trying to will me of my drinking, they’d organised a night out on the town, seeing as we had nothing better to do just sat in a truck compound for hours, playing pathetic games.
I quickly finish up with the tiny amount of make-up and run down the stairs, having to steadying myself when I reach the bottom, thanks to my heels.

We all converge outside the ‘Minor bus once we’re ready, and I’m glad to see that both Alice and Brooke are dressed similar to me, so I don’t feel totally out of place all night.

“So, shall we just wander and hope to find somewhere decent to get a tiny bit tipsy in?” Dan smiles, “Back up plan; there’s a tiny pub about five minutes away we can go and wreck.”

“The clubs, Dandy. We shall find the clubs.” I smile, linking my arm through his and then Tyler’s, “Shall we go then?”

Too say we’d been out around four hours, I was relatively sober. For me, anyway. I’d definitely drunk less then Tyler, Brooke and Dan, which to me, and I think Ed (the only other one close to sober) was a surprise. Alex and Ali were ‘making shapes’ somewhere in the mass of people who occupied the dance floor, while Ed, Dan, Nate and myself all sat at the bar, watching our friends make complete twats of themselves.

“Alex is a proper dick when he’s had too much to drunk.” Ed shouts into my ear, trying to be heard over the obnoxious music, “Can you tell?”

I laugh, nodding along with Nate who obviously hears as well. Alex seems to have gone completely mental, and anyone within five feet of him should be warned about the likelihood of being battered by his flailing arms and legs.
Teddy’s doubled over in laughter, one hand pointing at his band mate, the other curled under his stomach like it hurts to keep it up.

“Someone go get him before he actually injures himself, or someone else in a 10 mile radius.” Dan shakes his head, tipping another shot down his throat then coughing slightly, “I wanna go some place else anyway.”

“Let me just pop to the toilet then.” I yell back, trotting off, managing not to get hit as I pass by Alex and Teddy, letting them both know that we’re about to leave.

After I’m finished and have successfully tweaked my hair back into place and removed the smudge lines of black around my eyes, I head back out of the dim room and back into the chaos that is the dance floor.
Just as I think I’m free, someone grabs my wrist and pulls me back into the madness. I turn to see Alex grinning from his slight height advantage, his hand that isn’t holding my wrist outstretched.

“You haven’t danced with me yet.” He shouts above the music, “I don’t think that’s very fair.”

“Dance with me in the next club.” I laugh, “Everyone else is ready to move on.”

“We’ll catch them up. Promise!” He grins and I can’t seem to just say no.

I watch him carefully, making sure he isn’t ask drunk as he’s acting, “How much have you drunk?”

“Four shots, two ciders and then a little bit of Ed’s lager.”

I consider for a minute, “Oh fine, come on. Just let me go tell Ty.”

I end up having to beg Tyler to move on with everyone else so I can hurry and get Alex away from this place and hopefully into a quiet bar before we all head back to the buses and our very comfortable sounding bunks.

“See Alex, this is why we should have gone with everyone else. We wouldn’t be lost in the middle of Glasgow now would we?

“It’s not my fault they didn’t go where I expected.” He huffs, “Or that none of them will answer their phones.”

“I’m just cold. Very cold now.” My arms are wrapped around myself, chin tucked into my chest as I try to keep as much of the little warmth I have close to me.

“Take my jacket then, you stubborn shit.” Alex starts to shrug it off again but I take two steps away, “For fuck sake, Amy. Just wear it.”

“You’ll be cold though.” I frown playfully.

“Not as cold as you in your tiny little shorts and vest.” He chuckles, literally forcing my into the zip up, “Now, don’t complain and follow me, I think I’ve figured out where the buses are.”

We walk in silence, which just makes the already hushed streets even eerier for me to be travelling through, despite Alex’s sort of reassuring presence. It seems to take hours for us to get back to the compound and the lovely safety and warmth of the buses.

“You joining me, or am I joining you?” I smirk as we hesitate in the space between of vehicles, me rolling back and forth of the balls of my feet as I wait for Alex to decide.

“Well, what do you plan to do?”

“Shower then chill and watch ‘Up’ or something equally childish until I get bored to sleep.”

“I’ll join you then, I think. Better than going and thinking myself to sleep.”

After I’m showered, make-up less and into a pair of comfortable sweats and the hoody Alex lent me a few days ago, I skip down to the bottom lounge and join Alex on the spacious chairs, being pulled into the story of Bolt immediately.
I’m so engrossed that I don’t notice Alex’s approaching hands until their already attacking my sides, tickling me mercilessly.

“Alex!” I screech, “Get off of me you stupid oaf!”

“Admit this is better than still being out with the rest of the losers.”

I huff but nod, “I admit it. Fine.”

He smiles down from his place hovering over me, “Admit I’m more fun than everyone else.”

“You’re more fun.” I laugh quickly as his hands actually stop.

“Admit that you like me, as much as I like you.”

I don’t get chance to protest or even agree before my lips are occupied with moving in sync with Alex’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weak, weak ending there!
Very sorry.
Plus it's late on Monday, even though I planned to finish this about 3pm xD

Loving the comments, so do keep them coming.
x

P.S. I know, I know, that kiss was like, really sudden, but I've gotten sick of writing the tiny, unoticable flirting between Alex and Amy and decide they needed to get on with it x]