Status: Inactive (please see my profile)

Through All These Cities...

But Now I'm Hungover

“Ty.” I hum around my mouthful of the extremely crumbly cookie, “Pass me the bottle of Oasis.”

He rolls his eyes, emerging his head from under the duvet ever so slightly, blindly throwing the bottle at me as I laugh uproariously at his completely dishevelled look.

“Go home.” He mumbles, hiding himself away in the dark, “Too loud.”

“Totally not my fault that you drank so much. You really can’t handle the shots after one am, huh?” I roll my eyes, “Plus, ‘Go home’? Are we thirteen again?”

He just grumbles something incoherent in reply, shuffling around until he’s facing away and I can see absolutely none of him from under the purple bed sheet. I shake my head as I try to stop myself laughing all over again as I remember the state he was when he and the rest of the band finally dragged themselves into the back lounge about four this morning.

“Can you go find me so more ibuprofen, please?” He whimpers, curling further into a ball.

“Aw, sorry, OK.” I pat his head gently, “Sorry.”

I skip down to the lower deck, ruffling Nate’s hair as he’s taking a plate of toast up to Brooke’s bunk who I guess is also feeling the effects of the night that I had ended up missing the most of.
After I drop two Ibuprofen and a glass of water back to Tyler, I’m back down the stairs and sat with Alice in the lounge, listening to what actually happened the night before.

“Yeah, so Teddy and Ali ended up sat on a curb for twenty minutes, apparently feeling real sick and then they got absolutely soaked when a car went passed and drove through a puddle.”

I burst out laughing at the thought of them probably still sitting there moments after, wondering how they ended up so drenched, “Is that when you called it a night?”

She shakes her head with a laugh, “We ended up in that little bar Dan mentioned. The Landlord didn’t seem too happy with our noise, but I guess we were drinking enough that he just let us be.”

“Kind of glad we didn’t find you then. I’d have gotten way more intoxicated if I had, then totally have ended up in a road.”

“Yes…” She drags out dramatically, “How come you didn’t find us?”

I laugh at her now cynical face, “It took me so long to get Alex away from the dance floor that we couldn’t find you in any of the closest clubs, and none of you would answer your mobiles!”

“Yes, true story I’m sure.” She smirks, wiggling her finger in my face, “I see that constant little smile Amy. What happened when you got back here?”

“Nothing, Alice. I came back, got a shower and then me and Alex watched Bolt for a little bit before he went back to go sleep of all the drink he’d consumed.”

“Yeah, yeah, because any guy who was drunk and in a room alone with you, wouldn’t try something!”

“Could have given up so easily
I was a few cheap shots away from the end of me
Taken for granted, almost everything that I would have died for
Just yesterday,
Just yesterda-“


My note is cut short as I squeal at the shock of freezing cold water being poured down the back of extremely humid t-shirt.
I flip around, accidently spraying the audience who are mere feet away with excess that hasn’t soaked in, spotting Dan run off with a massive grin on his face and an empty bottle of water.

I glare after him before turning back to audience, shaking my head as they laugh along with the rest of my band, “See what we’re travelling with? Absolute twats sometimes, I swear.”

There’s a loud cheer as Dan pops back into view, both his thumbs up, sticking his tongue out in my direction.

“Be careful, Dandy, she’ll cut it off while you sleep.” Alice laughs into her mic, hoisting her guitar strap up a little further, “Want to try that again, Amy?”

“Let’s try huh? That kid better watch his back from now on, it’s on!”

We start back into the song, and I watch the wings of the stage all night, nearly messing up twice thanks to one of ‘Minor always taunting us from the side lines, probably not as daring as Dan, because they know we will get them back.

We leave the guys alone during their show, opting instead to wade into the jumping crowd and check our merch sales, taking quick pictures with those who spot us and obviously don’t fancy fighting outside for a quick snap.

“Right.” I shout into Tyler’s ear over the music, that I’m sad to miss, “I’m gonna go call Gran, make sure she’s OK.”

Tyler nods, leaning in to me, “Give her love from me to, huh?”

I smile, weaving my way through the rest of the crowd, deciding to go through the back instead of all the way to the front.
Once I’ve reached the quiet of the back of the venue, I switch the screen of my phone on, hitting speed dial four and waiting for an answer.

I worry for a moment that maybe she’s started going to bed early now I’m not there to keep her upon until the most stupid times in the morning, but then there’s a click and the familiar voice on the other end, “Hello?

“Hi Grandma.” I can’t stop the smile that spreads on my face; it’s like a relief to talk to her, even though it’s only been a week.

Amelia! I’ve been wondering when you’d call.

“You could have just rung me, Gran. Phone’s do work both ways.”

Her laugh just seems to warm me from the inside out, “You’re away having fun, Amy-bug. I’m not going to be ringing you every five minutes. I knew you’d call sooner or later.

“You’ve got to much confidence in me.” I chuckle, “How are things at home, Sugar and Brutal looking after you?”

My Gran outright snorts at the mention of our dogs, “You know full well they raise hell whenever you go away. They’re not waking me up to early though.” She sighs, “Did you perform tonight? Or is it a day off?

“We finished up about twenty minutes ago, the main act are on now.” I look up when the back door clatters open and Ty steps out, “Tyler sends his love too.”

Tyler quickly jogs over, holding his hand out for the phone, “Wanna talk to Gran please.”

I roll my eyes at his cheeky grin, “Ty wants to talk to you OK?”

Put the boy on, I’ve got a bone to pick with him about the state my kitchen was left in.

“I’ll speak to you soon, Gran. Probably call you again tomorrow. Love you.”

Don’t be a stranger. Bye darling.

I hand my phone over to Tyler who’s been rocking on his heels, “Don’t talk for to long, my contract doesn’t need exceeding!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much 'Minor in this.
Little bit of Dan though, which I guess is a bonus.

More of our favourite guys in the next chapter, which should be up either tomorrow or Friday.

Question: Who's your favourite guy from 'Minor?

Song mentioned is Looking Up by Paramore.
x