Status: Inactive (please see my profile)

Through All These Cities...

If I Woke Up Next To You

Despite it barely being April, and the previous days having been filled with rain, wind and the obvious cold that came with them, today, the heat was sweltering.
We’d planned yesterday to go shopping, to restock our quickly depleting clean clothes pile, but none of us wanted to be trapped inside when this was the perfect opportunity to get an early tan.
I’m sat, crossed legged in the door to the ‘Minor bus, Brooke on the step above me, watching Ed, Teddy, Tyler and Alice all fail at trying to skateboard more than two feet across relatively smooth ground.

“You know you guys actually suck, right?” I laugh as Ed nearly falls onto his face, barely saving from mashing his face into the floor, “Oh, fuck, I’m laughing so much you’re gonna give me a hernia.”

I stand up, shaking my head as Tyler has a go and actually ends up on his arse straight away, moving into the relatively quiet bus where Alex is sat, tapping away at his laptop, as per usual.
I’d tried to avoid being alone with him after the other night, but it was something that couldn’t be helped, so why not just act like nothing happened.

“Twitter again, Lexi? Really?”

He shakes his head, eyes not leaving the screen, his fingers rapid as he types, “Writing a new song.”

“Oh. Well, I guess I’ll go back and watch the twats break their faces.” I stand to leave again, but his hand grabs my wrist before I can.

“You don’t have to, Amy.” He’s finally looked up, “I mean, your companies nice.”

I sit opposite him, shuffling around until I end up sat across two chairs instead of just the one, watching as his eyes scan the screen over and over, fingers now still, resting over the keyboard.
He sighs as he looks back up at me, clicking a few times and then snapping the screen shut.

“Are we going to talk about the other night soon, A? I mean, we’re kind of stuck being around each other, though in my eye that’s not a bad thing, so we should really work out if that meant anything, or if it was just the alcohol-.”

“Lexi, you’re rambling on about nothing now. That kiss can mean anything you want it to. If you want it to be a drunken mistake, then so be it.”

His eyes connect with mine and he reaches across the table slightly before pulling his hand back, “I’d rather it meant something, actually.”

“In that case, where shall we go from here?” I smile confidently, even though inside my not so mature eighteen year old brain is screaming at me not to act so cocky.

“I think in two days time, when we have another day off, we’ll go out for the day.” He shrugs, “That sound OK?”

“A date, Lexi, really?” There I go again, acting like a complete twat.

“Is that not what you go for?” He smirks, “Cos, if I’m being honest, it normally works a charm.”

“So what, you’re like dating now?” Brooke speaks through a mouthful of burger, which I find so disgusting and unattractive, but I’m not going to say a thing.

“Brooke, we’ve hardly known each other a week, so let’s not talk labels. Why are you even here? You’re meant to be sound checking since you were asleep earlier.”

“Nate’s still messing about on that skateboard with Tyler.”

“It’s not like you need him attached to your hip twenty-four seven, Brooke.” Alice rolls her eyes, standing and leaving the room, once again showing frustration over the change in her old best friend, who was now controlled by Brooke.

“You’d think they were best friends or something.” She scoffs, and I have to clench my fists so as not to reach out and slap her into sense.

“They were before you came along.” I bite back, “Hurry up and go sound check, we’re not going to sound crap just because you’re incapable of doing anything for yourself.”

I’m already out of the dressing room, door slammed quite effectively before she can probably take in everything I’ve said.
I know Alice has gone into ‘Minors room as soon as I hear her ever so slightly raised voice come from down the hall, where I know she’s complaining to whoever will listen.
I decide against going to join her, instead slipping out of the back door, smiling at a few fans that are sheltering from the now cold wind, before I locate Tyler and Nate who are still trying to master tricks on the skateboard.

“Will you two stop fucking around and get ready? It’s not like you’re even good.” I laugh as Nate stumbles at my voice, kicking the board back towards me where I stop it with my foot.

“You try then, smart arse.” He crosses his arms stubbornly, “You’ll fall off too.”

I roll my eyes, rolling the board to get the feel of the ground before I push myself off, laughing as I pass Tyler who’s shaking his head because I’m sure I’ve got further than him.

“Amy, you might want to-.”

I hiss at the ice cold bag being pushed against my head, and I go to flinch away from it but Alex just holds me in place.

“Just keep still unless you want a massive lump on the back of your head.” He mumbles, fumbling around in the first aid kit, “This is going to sting.”

It’s true, it does, a lot. The alcohol wipe he’s wiping the blood away with just doesn’t feel good at all.

“Can you stop that?” I cry, pulling away, “Not to be a pansy or anything, but it fucking smarts.”

He hums, pulling it away seconds later, “You’re not going on tonight.”

“Uhm, I am. I don’t miss any shows, thank you.”

“You’ve just managed to knock yourself out, Amy.”

I shrug, “It’s not affected my voice or my legs. I just won’t move my head much, OK?”

I stand up, only to be pulled back down a moment later, Alex pulling out some dressing and pushing it against the back of my head, then placing the bag of ice over the top, “Just sit here until you have to go on.”

He walks away and Tyler dares to approach now that Alex isn’t practically growling every time some attempts to help or come close.

“Told you to watch where you were going. Now you’re all bloody and Alex isn’t even a certified First Aider.” He chuckles, hugging me lightly, “You always end up hurt, A.”

“Not a double meaning to that is there, Ty?”

“Just, be careful with him, huh? I don’t wanna sound like an older brother or anything.”

“I’ll watch my back, Tyler, promise.”

“Will whoever is sat on my foot, please remove themselves?” I mumble, not bothering to open my eye until someone curses.

“Shit, sorry Amy. I didn’t realize I even was.” Alex smiles, moving my fringe from my forehead, “You feeling any better now?”

After the show, seeing as I’d been given permission to perform, I’d taken a turn for the worse I guess, and gotten a massive migraine. After taking as may painkillers as I was allowed to mix, I shuffled off to bed and left everyone else to get on with things.

I nod, “A little. How come you’re here?”

“Everyone else has moved over to our bus, but no one wanted to wake you so you could come along. I offered to stay until you woke up, but I got bored.”

“People are going to start talking, ya’ know.” I mutter as he smoothes a hand over my stomach, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead as I relax back into my pillow, wincing slightly at the pressure on my head.

“Don’t care. You’re to cute not to look after.” He smirks.

“Glad you think so.” I smile through a sigh, letting my eyes slip closed as he slides to lay down, “Are these naps going to become regular?”

“I’m thinking so, love.”

“I could get used to that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
(:

Not much to say this time around...
Do comment though :) Always enjoy reading them!
Also, new thing - Leave ideas on what you'd like to see happen :) I might just consider using a few if of them if I ever get stuck.
LY x