Status: writing

Sky Blue Haze

Discoveries

Who was this girl, she asked herself as she looked into the mirror. She had decided whilst sitting in the cold dark empty room that she needed a name, something that might give her a place in this world, well what she knew of it anyways, her reflection, this room. What is a name though, she began to ask herself. A name is what parents call a child after their birth, but quite obviously she had already been born, so she supposed she must name herself. 'How must one decide their own name' she asked herself.

Factors may be considered, shall it be a beautiful name or one that reminds one of something else. Like summer, or autumn, beautiful names but little thought. Shall it have something to do with family relations, as far as the girl knew, she had no relations. Maybe she did, and maybe she just forgot about them. As she had forgotten about everything else.
A name, her name, a symbol of herself. Why must someone else choose a persons name, they do not know who they are yet, or what they might achieve, shouldn't a person name themselves?

Only that person would know themselves fully, and shouldn't that be what that persons name is based on. So the girl wondered, just who she was, so she could name herself and belong. She knew how she looked, she knew she was hurt and that she had lost herself somewhere. That person was gone now.

She wanted her name to suit her, to define her. Nothing came at first. She sat and she pondered. Still nothing, so she sat and she pondered some more. The thing that defined her was her looks, her stunning eyes were her most prominent feature. Her name would be Sky she decided.

* * *
Sky snapped out of her thoughts as quickly as they had arisen. She had a name now, Sky. She belonged.. to what? This room for one, this world, maybe. She knew only general knowledge of the world around her, but nothing personal. Nothing about her past. This room was her prison, perhaps she would die there.

Sky stood, and for the first time attempted to think logically about her situation. She looked around the room for anything that she could use, a mirror, a white plastic chair and...a window! She ran over to it excitedly, and looked out but all she could see was a haze. Sky tore of her shirt and wrapped it around her hand, she pulled back her fist and winced as she smashed out the window, the glass clattered to the ground with soft tinkling sounds.

Much to her great disappointment, the window was nothing more than a cover. It covered a space behind the wall, which contained a single light, which explained the once dull light in the room. Now it was shining brightly, and it took Sky a moment to adjust. As soon as she did though, she was in for a shock. What was once a Grey brick wall, was now a glowing door, with the bright light she could now see the shining outline of a hidden door.

Sky ran to the door and turned the knob. Locked. She threw herself against the door, again and again, until it finally clattered to the ground, revealing a bright shining light coming from the other side. Sky stepped forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
* * * represents a period of time people. btw