Fight to the Death

Dying Inside These Walls

“Blaire common wake up.” I heard someone say in the distance, as they gently shook me. Wait it wasn't from far away. It was Mr. Baker... Just leave me alone. I groaned, turned onto my stomach and brought the blankets over my head trying to drown all of the noise out.

“Go away...” I mumbled. He laughed and pulled the covers from over my head and turned me so I was laying on my side.

“I can't... you need to wake up.”

“Nahh uhhh.” I complained in a pouty voice. Shoving my face in the pillow again, and fighting him for the blankets. Eventually I just gave up and let them go, trying to sink into whatever cushion was actually on the bed, for warmth.

“Come on baby” he cooed in my ear as he picked me up bridal style. I groaned again before putting my arms around his neck and laying my head on his shoulder. Daring to fall back asleep. WAIT...Did he just call me baby?! My eyes flew open at the thought but then dropped closed again gradually as he walked out of the rooms, I could tell because of the turns. “Wake up” he whispered into my ear. His voice tickling my ear and neck. I reluctantly opened my eyes and wrinkled my nose somewhat. He was looking straight at me, his face turned towards mine and centimeters away, almost brushing together. I blinked a few times...He was trying not to laugh at me I could tell. He is so mean, I swear.

“Where are you taking me?” I whined.

“Assembly.” He said coldly while looking away. I just them remembered the loud, wailing sirens that were going off around us.

“You, um. You can put me down.” I blushed a little as I figured out he was carrying me as well.

“Oh. Yeah.” He let me down so my feet touched the ground before taking my hand and walking in front of me to a part of the school I haven't been in yet. He dropped my hand suddenly as other people came into view and instead began pushing me a little into the huge room. “Go find a seat.” He said into my ear. Shivers went down my spine as he left me there and walked up towards the set of steps that lead up to the stage. I took a seat at the back where no one else was as more kids continued to file in. It looked like the whole school was there... which would actually make sense considering it is an assembly...shit, I'm not thinking straight. I'm too damn tired. I rubbed my eyes and blinked them trying to stay awake.

Little did I know moments later there would be screaming coming over the microphone. My eyes closed for one second when said screaming started, I jumped a mile high... I admit it.

Someone came over from beside me and grabbed me roughly. They covered my mouth as I tried to make a scene of screaming and trying to get away from them. It didn't work in the slightest bit. They just walked behind me, pushing me, out of the huge room that much quicker. I didn't recognize the guy, I've never seen him before... He took me down halls and through door I never knew existed as I struggled to get free. At one point I kicked him causing him to hunch over and drop me to the floor. I tried to take of running but he grabbed my ankles and my head hit the cement...extremely hard. I could hear it, the crack and felt warm liquid, blood run down my face before I passed out. Well blacked out really, for a moment.

I groaned as I woke up. Pain overwhelmed my body quickly. I was hanging with my wrists tied to the ceiling... and my shirt and shorts were taken off. It was dark, I couldn't make out much around me except for the fireplace glowing a bright red color directly in front of me. I looked around trying my best not to move because quickly because all it did was make my wrist hurt even more than it did already... After a few minutes, lights dimly lit up and I saw the guy who kidnapped me standing against the wall twirling a knife in his hands. I gulped but didn't say a word. Although I still wanted to give him hell and scream at the top of my lungs at him.

As he came closer my fear started decreasing, surprisingly. My anger started to take over just like that night at the club, I felt numb and invincible. I was angry at what he was doing and pissed off that I was hanging by my wrist, one that was in extreme pain, as the pathetic man stood directly in front of my semi-naked body. Why did he have to tie me up? Wasn't he capable of doing anything the fair way, Did he have to stoop that low? He brought the knife up and ran the tip lightly from my left ear, down the side of my neck, across my collar bone and down my chest and stomach until he stooped at my belly button and dropped his arm to his side all of a sudden. I smirked a little, deciding I wasn't scared at him at all.

I started to scream as loud as I possibly could while I brought my legs up and kicked him in the chest, causing him to stumble back some.

“Bitch.” I heard him hiss before he grabbed my neck in his painfully strong grip. All the while, I was kicking him and trying to get free despite the pain. He choked me until I could no longer breathe and blackness was creeping in. The darkness started at the sides of my vision and quickly lunged towards the center, taking it over and making it all completely black with time. Then he let go. I gasped for the much needed air. I was about to give him a piece of my mind but he shoved a gross tasting rag into my mouth and tied it behind my head, a gag. 'Great' I thought to myself unamused. Not again...

He walked behind me and ran a finger down my spine from the base of my neck down to my lower back. Then did the same again, though this time sharp pains accompanied the touch. The knife. I winced and arched my back to try and get away as best I could yet he grabbed me by around my waist and held me in place, pressing even harder than to begin with. I wanted to cry, to scream and yell but I refused to because that it exactly what he wants me to do. So I hid my pain while thinking about other things, fighting actually.

I imagined what it would be like if he wasn't such a pussy and wouldn't have tied me up. Another sharp pain ran down my back quickly and I gasped feeling the wet blood slide in rivers down my skin. He whispered something in my ear as another and another cut was made but I ignored him focusing on anything but the pain. After the 5th cut he came in front of me. It was then that I was snapped from my “happy place” and felt the true sting and burning sensation occurring at my back. I gulped down a sob; while I also blinked my eyes open and shut trying to rid myself of tears. He roughly brought my face down to look at him. He smirked and I froze in total fear, with his hands finding their way around my legs and thighs.

------------------

-Zacky's POV-

I was sitting there, listening to the “assembly” which was being held for the sole fact that 5 students attempted to escape only minutes prior. These kids of course were punished before being sent into isolation. The rest of the students were going to sit there and take the lecturing that came their way, they were to understand something important. There was to be no further occurrences or isolation wouldn't be the only thing coming their way. This was what the lecture was to be about...

But it was after the initial lecture part of the meeting that really caught my attention.

The Director was retiring, however his son was taking his place as the head over the “academy” if that were even an appropriate term for it. His son was actually here, somewhere in the building and was supposed to make a speech after the lecture, I assume but the Director “misplaced him” somehow. How the fuck do you "misplace a person? Especially your son. I mean is this guy a 2 years old or something? Do you have to watch his every move so he doesn't randomly take off after a clown , a balloon or some other shit?

The Director went on to tell of some new “rules” that would take place, such as cameras being installed in dorm rooms and bathrooms instead of just the class rooms, hallways, cafeteria, and well basically all of the previous non-private places. He also went on to the next which was that punishments would start becoming more severe and that the teachers and or dorm “leaders” as he called them would further be involved. The Director (the new younger Director that is) would be in charge of punishments and would take care of it or assign someone else especially for it. I cringed at the thought, some of the shit we do now to these kids is pretty borderline child abuse on occasion. Even though its for their own benefit I cant imagine worse punishments coming the kids' way than just a sparing fight or punch to the face.

“Zacky, where the fuck is Blaire?” Matt hissed quietly from beside me. I looked at him confused before glancing at the crowd curious now.

“What do you mean, she's out there somewhere.” I said not so sure of myself as of now. I was still looking for her...

“No...She's not.” He said sadly as my head whipped straight again and I searched every single face looking for her more desperately now.

She wasn't there or anywhere. I saw many faces that I knew from class but none of the kids in front of me in the huge crowd, were her.

“But, But I... I brought her right in here. She WAS just fucking...here.” I mumbled frantically, looking over to my side at an extremely pissed of Matt/ I seriously had to choke out the last word after looking at his pissed off face. He looked as though he would pounce on me at any moment and beat me to a pulp.

Without another word he stood up quickly (his chair falling backwards with a bang to the floor behind his body) and stormed off the stage. I followed him moments after, after everyone from the staff and every student was looking our way anyways. I shrugged fleeing as well.

Once we got out of the assembly hall I looked at Matt who now was clenching and unclenching his hands into fists. His face looked red with anger and I. Just. Made. Him. Mad.

Shit.

“What now?” I asked him softly, hoping he wouldn't lash out at me for asking.

“We go find that fucking dipshit new Director... I bet you my life she's with hi-” His furious tone of voice was cut off by a scream. A scream which scared the shit out of me.

“Found the fucker.” Matt said amused. Obviously not the scream in general but the fact that he didn't even have to really search. She helped him find the guy and to Matt that was the most amusing thing in the world right now. Future actions also accounted for some of that amusement, the possibilities I guess.