Fight to the Death

Or We Will Fall...

I looked once more at the path in front of me and then all around me 365 degrees beforebreaking out into a sprint towards my destination. I actually wondered why no one else was doing the same; but then I realized they most likely would be caught if they ran. They had no where to go other than a relatives house and where is the first place that would be searched? Yep, the relatives houses. I on the other hand had virtually no one. I could live my life alone, fighting for some money. It didn't matter to me. As it is I have a car and could easily make enough money to buy and fully furnish a house even with the bills I needed to pay off. It would work, I knew it would. It had to

Yeah, I know I'm being stupid...

I ran about halfway down the long driveway before I saw Shadows in front of me, coming right towards me. Wait, What???

He had to have seen me because now he was following my every move. If I swerved right he swerved to his left to keep me in front of him. I cared about him but there isn't any way in hell they were going to stop me now.

I was almost there, just a few feet and I would be free.

I went faster and quickly swerved sharply to the side, hoping to dodge him and go around but an arm snaked around my waist and stopped me instantly from any motion. I almost flipped over the arm too before I was pulled into Shadow's hard chest.

“Let me GO!” I screamed, coughing madly and clawing at his hand with my unburnt right one. I kept coughing and struggling. I heard him sigh before wrapping his other arm tightly around me as well, trying to hold me still. This action cut off my air supply entirely, it was like I was slowly suffocating. Yet it only caused me to thrash around more, kicking and hitting and trying to pull his hands off of me. “LET GO!” I half wheezed half screamed again. He has no idea but come on I cant breathe! Then I felt a weight being placed on my shoulder.

I stopped for a moment holding in my seemingly final breath. Damn him! And turned my head. He had his forehead laid against my shoulder and neck. I turned my upper body around hoping he would loosen his grip some... luckily he did. I sighed and started breathing in and out heavily as he let go of me after strangling me to death. I turned so I was completely facing him wanting to use my elbows and forearms to push him away and run but looking at him I couldn't. I groaned.I'm fucking hopeless!

My right hand laid on his chest as my other arm dropped to my side; we just stared at each other.

“Please? Please, just let me go?” I asked in a pleading voice, coughing again as he looked at me confused as well as concerned. I was starting to wonder if he would give in or not. I was praying he would, I just wanted to escape.

“If I let you leave. Where will you go?” He asked me seriously. I bit my bottom lip and shrugged.

“I have money, I'll probably try to get an apartment for myself. I know Nich doesn't want me at his place so...” I broke off coughing some more.

“Blaire, your brother...” he said sadly.

“...it would be better that way.” I finished as he said something about Nich. “What?” I asked with a raspy voice.

“Your brother left.” Shadow's face looked almost sad as he told me this.

“He wouldn't just leave without telling me...” I snapped pushing him away allowing me to be freed from his arms. I backed away a good 7 feet and doubled over in the pain that pushing him away, had caused my hand. I held it to my stomach protectively while I looked up and around me.

“Are you okay?” He asked frantically coming close to me. With each step I took one back.

“Nich. Nich didn't leave.” I said not so sure with tears coming to my eyes from not only the rejection but also the pain. More pain than the fact that he was trying to convince me that my brother left me all alone here.

“He disappeared.” he took a step closer.

“No, he...I don't... there's no...no.” I said while coughing again. I was willing myself not to believe what he just said yet for some reason in the back of my mind, I did. I wouldn't blame Nich for just leaving. He didn't have to take care of me and honestly I didn't know why he tried to at all. I'm 16, He wasn't responsible for me. I have money. I don't know why I didn't just get my own place from the beginning. I know I wouldn't be in this situation now if I did...

I felt warm hands on my cheeks as I was forced to look up at Shadows I swallowed my coughs making them look like painful hiccups instead.

“Don't run. Come with me...I'll take you somewhere safe, somewhere away from here. We can leave and I won't let them send you away again.”

“You...you cant do that.” I sadly said watching him frown. I didn't cough with those words...

“Sorry to break you your little “moment” but we have a serious fucking problem Matt.”

He kept looking at me never moving an inch while he said “What's the problem?”

“Um...lets see...Well. THE FUCKING BUILDING IS ON FIRE!” Jimmy screamed jumping around like a banshee. I watched as Shadow's face changed into shock while he twisted around, looking at the fire overtaking the entire building. “Fuck.” he mumbled as he stepped closer towards the blaze.

He reached back with his right arm (without breaking his stare at the school) moving it around (I'm assuming) trying to find me. I actually found it quite amusing. I stepped back as he reached further all around the area behind and beside him where he thought I would be. I was trying to find out how long it would be before he would turn around. I giggled, something that sent me into a coughing fit again. He only then took his stare from the building and turned to glance at me slightly. Damn. I loose, it didn't take long at all. All 'cause of me and my laughing to- it was my fault he turned around.

He looked at me scared (almost) as he reached back and pulled me to him with his arm around my back. I was still coughing but now I had the urge to puke. Although I swallowed the “bile”down and wiped at my mouth hoping none was there.

The bile wasn't on my lips or inside my mouth however, crimson blood was. I could taste the salty bitter taste all through my mouth but I pushed it aside for now. I swallowed hard as the three of us watched while the firefighters fought the fire only a few hundred feet in front of us.

“Are you okay” was whispered in my ear. I nodded as a car pulled in behind us. I could see our shadows in front of us in the now illuminated driveway.

“What is going ON!?!” I heard what I'm thinking is Mr. Seward yell running up to us.

“Shit, first the Director is crushed by a fucking bus now this? What the fuck is going on?” Zacky asked standing beside me now, to my right.

“What happened to the Director?” I asked suddenly anxious and extremely curious. Coughing again.

“Crushed by a bus.” Jimmy said evilly. I couldn't help but smile some, its mean and a terrible way to die BUT he was a bastard and I hate him... or should I say hated?

Matt looked at me concerned, I was starting to think he knew something wasn't right.

“If you aren't careful your face will freeze like that and you will walk around looking like a Cheshire cat!” Jimmy said coming in front of me grabbing me, out of Shadows arms, with one arm, and tickling me with the other. He stepped away from the others to some extent in the process.

“Stop it, stop it, STOP IT!” I screamed in between coughs and gags. It was terrible when being tickled...I'm extremely ticklish, I'll admit to that. It's probably why I hate being tickled in the first place.

But everyone stopped entirely as I threw up blood on the still lit ground in front of me. Jimmy was holding me up as my body almost collapsed; I felt even more weak looking at the shiny crimson mess. Wiping my face I coughed more and more. Each time blood was seeping out of my mouth onto the ground and down my pale hand and arm. I became limp as I threw up once again.

I glanced up enough to see everyone staring like they didn't know what to do.

Neither did I.

Now I knew I was in trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Click? ^-^