Fight to the Death

Beaten and Crushed Like My Soul

At exactly 11 pm, I arrived at Dell's. I parked around back where everyone else had apparently parked in a parking garage and afterward, got out. I shivered from the cold air that seeped though my long sleeved shirt while walking to the back door. I knocked once watching as the door peephole came open and then the door flung wide open.

“Hello girlie.” The guy from last night said with a huge smile as he let me in. He must be the door watcher or whatever they consider them here. “Go down this hall and take the first right. Then the second on the right leads to the downstairs. Follow the music.” I nodded as he motioned the course with his hands as he spoke, with one final nod I started walking. “OH, hey.” I turned around quickly to look at him “Good luck!”

“Luck's for sissy's” I replied laughing a little and turning to walk again. I faintly heard him chuckle as I turned right.

I followed the instructions down the stairs and found a cement door disguised as part of the wall which I had opened once I got to the bottom. If you didn't know it was supposed to be there, you would never had guessed it was there. Through the door was an underground tunnel that lead towards where I just parked. Awesome. I followed the faint sound of music down the dimly lit hallway until I came to another door. I opened it and instantly was shown the world of underground fighting and really loud, blaring music. I smiled as the door shut behind me. Home sweet home. I walked slowly, taking in the underground part of the parking garage...we had a spot somewhat like this in LA. It has always been my favorite place to fight. Making my way up to the booth my mind drifted to thoughts of old fights both ones that I won and those that I lost.

“HEY!” I was jarred from my thoughts as someone yelled and whipped me around clasping my arms. It was Sameer. Before I could respond he slapped the side of my face and started screaming at me.“No bitch makes me look like a fucking fool and gets away freely.” He slammed my back against the cement wall, my head of course hitting as well. Pain seared through my brain as I kneed him and he quickly hunched over in pain. A grimace came to his face as it increasingly got redder and redder within a matter of only a few seconds.
Jinx came out from behind him and punched him as well. “Leave her the fuck alone!” he hissed as Sameer started laughing.

“You, you're threatening me? You're even more of a wimp than she is Jinx.” Jinx tackled him and punched him until other people (who I didn't know) pulled Jinx off of him and took Sameer roughly towards the enter/exit door. He fought them and screamed with every step they made him take, he hated me and it showed. He would tear me to shreds if at all possible. I had just stood there as Jinx beat up Sameer. I was honestly in shock, Jinx never gave off the tough guy/fighter vibe or whatever, it was always the more of a pervert-like vibe, to be nice in my words. I know if I helped out though it would make it seem as though Jinx couldn't fight himself and that would make him hate me too. So, despite not being able to move I stayed still acting as though I was just letting him defend me. But I couldn't move... I had this feeling, a feeling that Jinx could fight, but didn't for a reason.. although it wasn't because he wasn't good enough. There was something about him that made me think he was hiding a secret of some sort. He looked at me and I smiled at him.

“Thanks.” I said still deep in thought. Jinx had this look of triumph spread on his face as he nodded.

“Id do anything for you baby.” He smirked and slung an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him as we both walked towards the booth. I shrugged him off of me pretty quickly after we started to walk however.

-----

“No two, I want in twice...two separate fights.” I said seriously. If I was gonna be locked up in some Juvie esque place I'm fighting twice...hell I'd go for fighting 3 times though that would be going a little fight crazy. Especially after what happened last time, I wasn't in the best condition but no one knew that except Ale.
“I am NOT signing you up twice! Are you fucking INSANE?!” The other guy, who I found out was named Zeke yelled.
“NO!” Jinx yelled also at the same time, over the pounding pop music. Turns out they're brothers. (Zeke's like 25 or something and Jinx is well still in high school and I'm assuming is only involved in this because of his older brother.) I pouted in an attempt to get them cave.“Please, please, please say your fucking joking. I don't want you to get hurt. You just fought last night and got kinda beat up don't fight twice tonight.” Jinx whined whispering the last sentence into my ear. I stepped up into the booth so I was right next to them.

“Look.” I said trying to keep my temper. “I'm being sent to some shitty juvenile delinquent school tomorrow. I. NEED. TO. FIGHT!” I yelled the last part.

“Your going to Juvie?” Zeke asked, concerned and in a voice of awe.

“No I just couldn't get enrolled in any normal school like him” I nudged Jinx slightly “so it was like a last option... and its gonna be hell... so please” I begged, giving Zeke my puppy dog face that no one could resist.

“Fine, your in once-” I tried to complain but Jinx clasped his hand on my mouth from behind me and wrapped his free arm around my waist. I honestly wasn't even going to do anything to him. Granted I hated being touched but punching him once would result in me going crazy...plus I felt like he was a friend to me oddly enough. I had no friends here so that feeling was nice. “But only if it gets uneven can you be in twice. AH AH” dammit “And I'm not putting you back to back if that's what you want, they'll be spaced.” I nodded into Jinx's hand, happy. Then I bit down on Jinx's hand slightly...not enough to hurt but just to make him let go, I was starting to get uncomfortable.

“You're so hot when you tease me.” He said as he dropped his hand from my mouth down to where the other one was, around my waist, and kissed my neck slightly. I snapped and ripped his hands off of me, shoving him roughly backwards before stalking into the women's bathroom to wait out the remaining minutes before the fight. I closed my eyes and sank to the floor as chills ran down my back. Memories flashed through my mind of what had happened on my 13th birthday...I've been trying to act all tough since then but I was anything but alright on the inside. Little things send me over the edge in rage and piss me off but then there are also the ones that make me freeze up and want to die. Jinx touching me brought those feelings of hopelessness and despair to the fore. When this happens I feel like a completely different person... like I'm afraid of everything. Suddenly I didn't want to fight anymore, I wanted to get out of here, curl up and be alone with a gun... 'and he doesn't even know' I thought as tears came to my eyes.

'I don't want in twice anymore' I text Jinx. I was crying and wasn't going out there until I had to.
'why? What happened?'
I didn't reply. I dried my eyes and washed my face allowing the eyeliner and mascara to smudge some before I looked at myself in the mirror.
'Blaire, whats wrong?' My phone buzzed and I looked at the screen, shaking my head my attention went back to myself. I looked like a mess and it was all because of my step-father.

Feeling a sudden bout of rage, I punched the mirror shattering it as it crashed into a million little pieces in the sink below. I had a few pieces stuck in my hand but the adrenaline suddenly coursing through my veins made me numb, immune. I pulled out the big pieces that were visible and washed my hand off in cold water. It was bleeding insanely and was all blotchy and red. Before I went back out, I wrapped up my hand in some thick gauze I found in a first aid kit located on a shelf inside the tiny bathroom. I walked out just as my name was called for the fight. I didn't notice the blood from my damaged knuckles already seeping though the bandage and being dangerously close to dripping to the floor. I was like a zombie I didn't hear or understand what was being said around me. It was like something took over me.... I had only one thing on my mind.

Fighting...

I took off my jeans and long sleeved shirt leaving me in my shorts and tank top just like last time. I turned to face my opponent...I had no clue who he was, I just fought him like a manic. I won after punching him out and I think he was unconscious though I still wasn't myself. I need to punch something else. I had to or I would explode and ultimately melt down. I couldn't do that in front of all of these people. High's only last a little while, especially this one which was fueled by memories. Memories that made me upset and rage filled due to my family. I was bound to crack sometime.

“You want to go again, you look like your set to kill someone.” Zeke said standing about 5 feet away, I think he may have been too scared to come closer. I nodded and looked at him as if I were asking 'please' while being frozen and unable to move...Part of me was back.

----------------

-Matt's POV-

We all met at the apartment and took one car tonight to the club. Zacky's truck. We of course got there late because of traffic and Zacky's insane driving. He thought it would be fun to go down every alley way possible in an attempt to get there, it didn't work though.

The moment we walked in I could tell the fights have already begun. I pushed my way close enough so that I could see who was fighting against who and see what I had missed... I may not watch but I pay attention to matches and outcomes.

My mouth dropped immediately. Blaire, this tiny little girl was beating Jame, one of the best fighters in this club (he was also 250 pounds, 6 foot 3 and solid muscle) to a bloody pulp. I'm surprised 'he didn't tap out yet' I thought to myself as I saw blood all over his face. She was kicking his ass like crazy. But I guess it's the pride thing that kept him in there, letting her beat the shit out of him. She punched him one last time causing him to tap out. As she pulled away she glanced around in front of her, at me, before looking back at him and backing up slightly. I could have sworn her eyes looked glazed over, like she was high... but I couldn't tell for sure, she looked away to quickly.

------------------

-Blaire's POV-

Three fights later I was up again. Against Shadows of all people. The match up that was supposed to happen last night.

I still wasn't much myself but the way he looked at me scared the shit out of me. I wasn't going to live this down...

Unbeknown to me, I already was a mess. I had blood caked and still seeping through the gaze on my fist, only now it was dripping to the floor like a water faucet. I could taste blood in my mouth and felt it running down my chin. My wrist was broken and torn from its socket I knew that, and I had a gash from my collar bone to the right side of my neck which was soaking into my white tank top quickly. But I ignored it, not caring. I had no clue the pain that I would be in, in a matter of minutes to hours...

Nothing hurt.

I walked up to the circle about 3 feet in front of Shadow's. My skin was still crawling with rage. I tuned out everything and focused my attention only on him. We hit firsts and I could barely hear a faint siren sounding before we began. I punched and kicked like crazy though my body wasn't telling my brain what I was doing. I just felt my limbs connect with something hard and dodged the hits coming my way. I went as hard and quickly as I could, not caring about what moves I made, as long as I made them.

After I had him in a choke hold, and he tapped, I broke down. I snapped out of my trance as the siren sounded and I collapsed onto the floor about a foot away from him. I felt weak and suddenly hurt all over. Like I was hit and drug by a train. I screamed without really knowing it as I blacked out for a few seconds. I pulled myself up slowly, my arm holding my upper body up straight, and looked at the blood all around me and over me. I gasped as I saw Shadows laying on the cement floor covered in blood and his chest moving up and down labored and slowly, he was breathing only slightly. His friends were near him looking from him to me then repeating the process. Some were crouched down at him, another bolted off towards the door, another glared at me... I felt tears come to my eyes not only from the pain this time but because I realized for the first time...

I had gone WAY to far.

I went home that night feeling guilty and scared...I had no control over my actions and that's never happened before. I don't want it to ever again. I forgot the blood and pain, only thinking about the haunting thoughts of my past.