A pile of postcards

Chapter 2 - Unanswered

Dear you,

The vastness of my misunderstanding is incomprehensible, even to me. I wish I could formulate the correct string of words to explain my thoughts. We were so wrong for each other, but if that is what we were, why do I feel so much sadness when it comes to you. Why is it so easy for tears to trickle down my face when I think of you? My entire being refuses to believe that it wasn't real, for the simple reason that it doesn't feel right. Though it disintegrated and has left nothing, not even a shadow behind, it was something to my heart. In all our imperfections and chaos, there was a lock and key in our love. There was a north and south magnetism, an attraction that is explainable yet mysterious.

As doors close and doors open, we console ourselves with justifying whose loss it was. I think that it is your loss. I genuinely do. The compassion and care I presented in your direction was more than what one dreams of. Metaphors of the universe and the ocean can just begin to scratch the surface of my love for you. Thus, I believe it was you, that lost something. It was you who lost the one person who accepted you for everything you are, who accepted you for all your wrongs and celebrated all your rights. You lost the person who knew exactly what you were thinking. You lost the person who would do anything to make sure the light was always at the end of your dark tunnel.

I lost something, too. But I didn't lose what you lost. What I lost will be found again in a better shape, in a better form. My knowledge of that is not supported the evidence of facts but the mere believe I hold, the belief that my heart deserves something yet to be found.

Sincerely,
Me.