Status: COMMENT

The Amazing Journey

Jumping the Waves Part 1

June 6, 1778 continued,

The ugly lip-licking man dragged me up the steps to the captain's quarters, forcing me to fall several times on my face. We trudged through the crew's sleeping rooms before finally coming to our destination, entering after a light tap was placed upon the center of the door. Ugly lip-licking man pulled me to the center of the room, leaving me finally to myself. I stood there in the darkness for what felt like forever, awaiting for the cowardly captain to come out of his hiding place.

"You may sit down if you like Captain Josefina." he said from the shadows. I looked around, fearful of what lurked in this dark room. "How a'out instead, we both sit down toge'her in a very well lit 'oom?" I asked with uncertainity filled in my voice. I still tried to see this creature, with all my might, in the darkness but it was no use. I heard a very loud burst of laughter; it was like thunder striking for the first time in dead silence. There were candles lit immediately all around me, bringing this stranger finally out ointo the light. I saw a very handsome man before me. He stood there, letting my eyes run over him.

His hair was brown and curly, showing off his heart-shaped face in the most wonderful way. His hair tried to cover his deep blue eyes, but it was only an inch too short to accomplish the task. His eyes twinkled with amusement as I continued to look him over. His nose was short and crooked, obviously from previous beatings. His lips were pink and perfectly formed....

Oh crud, did I just think that he had perfectly formed lips? I did didn't I.... Crud...

I look down, seeing his scarred but well formed naked torso as I traced my eyes over his flexing muscles.... I continue to look down to see a pair of scraggly brown pants before looking back up to his eyes.

"I hope you enjoyed the show." he said as a smile formed on his lips.
"Would it make you happy if I said I did?" I asked, earning a loud chuckle from him.

I was very uncomfortable being in a room with a half-naked man.

"How come you don't 'ave an accent like me? I asked as he walked behind me and untied the ropes binding my wrists. "I only use my accent when I'm around my crew, like you do. It's a theatric tool we use to set us a part from the rest of the population." he said, pulling me along with him to the couch before pushing me down on it. "Ahh I see." I said as he leaned in, forcing me into the corner of the couch. "I guess you think I'm just some rich pirate who knows nothing..but I do know a lot. I know a lot about you Josie. I always have." he whispered, forcing an intimate conversation I didn't want.

"How on earth do you know who I AM???!!" I yelled, causing the silence to go away. I looked into his eyes, not backing away from his hard glare. I pushed against his chest, trying to push a distance in between us so I could think."Dearest Josefina, I know who you are and if you asked.. I would tell you how." he said as he closed the gap between us. I thought it over for a second before asking, "How do we know eachother?"

"I've known you for many years; I've watched over you during all your life's struggles. I was there when you lost your family, your best friend, and even when you lost him. I even saw how you lost him.... which isn't probably something you want to remember. I know you very well but you don't know me." he said.

"You do know that sounds very... odd right?" I asked, glaring at him for watching my most intimate moment's without my knowledge.
"Maybe it does... but you needed protection from the world." he countered.
"Why would I need protection.. I'm capable of taking care of myself." I stated bluntly.
"I know you can.. but there were other forces waiting for you.. that you weren't ready for." he stated.
"Can you be more cryptic?" I asked, slightly annoyed by him.
"Yes I could be but for all you need to know.. is that I'm a friend." he said before pulling me to my feet.

He escorted me out of his quarters to my new accomodations, conversing as we walked down one corridor to my room. He stopped in front of a large oak door that was color of autumn's green grass with three white stenciled flowers centered in the middle. He gestured for me to open it with his hand, smirking at me when I warily eased my hand towards the knob. I opened it slightly, taking a peek inside before stepping inside of the room slowly. It was the most beautiful room I had ever seen.

It was painted in a deep green with white stenciled flowers lined along the ceiling. There were three tall bookshelves filled with books leaning against the left wall, a vanity with a wash basin standing next to a closet in the right corner , a window seat next to a huge window which was facing me, and a queen-sized bed that stood in the middle of the room. I couldn't believe that this room was mine.

I was expecting less.

"Thank you so much." I said sincerely.
"You are quite welcome my dear." he sad as he brought my hand to his lips, kissing it softly.

He turned to leave, shutting my door slowly as he stole one last look of me.

A smile slowly formed on my lips as I took time to think about the day's events. I had found a friend in the most uncommon place and in the most uncommon circumstances. I couldn't forget how it had happened nor could I lower my guard to my new friend but... I still had found a friend. I hadn't had an actual friend in a very long time... since I had lost him.

My face fell at the thought of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come.. just working out the kinks.